Switch to full style
Post a reply

RFI - Pistol Smith in WA (Olympia/Lacey area?)

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:41 pm

I've got a Beretta project in mind and I'd like a recommendation for a good gunsmith in the Olympia/Lacey area if possible, and if not then around the state.

Long story short I've got a Beretta 92 slide that I'd like cut for a dovetail in the front (standard Novak 1911 pattern) and cocking serrations added to the front to match the factory serrations in the rear. Who do y'all recommend? I'd prefer to stay local but if the talent is elsewhere, I'm fine with that! The work's pretty straightforward.

Thank you!

Re: RFI - Pistol Smith in WA (Olympia/Lacey area?)

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Maybe Dave at Southridge Arms and Refinishing in Edgewood. https://www.southridgearms.com/about
He only lists some of his 1911 services but does other work as well.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:18 pm

Front sight dovetail on a Beretta 92 is pretty tricky. Be picky with anyone you choose for that operation. Don’t be their learning curve.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:12 pm

I know of no one in this area who I would trust with custom work. Lived here for 27 years. That doesn't mean they don't exist, and there are some cool closed shops where goodness is manufactured

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Call Novak and see if they will do the work.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pm

I was also interested in having dovetail front sights on a Beretta, but all of the gunsmiths I called including Wilson Combat said it was too risky because of the lack of metal volume on the front of the slide. Have to buy a 92A1 or similar.
Post a reply