Switch to full style
Post a reply

Knights Armament muzzle device removal help needed

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Wondering if anybody has experience removing one, and the correct reaction rod (Geissle rod won’t work) to do the work. Can’t clamp the barrel (not enough barrel sticking out past the URX 4 rail. Removing the rail ain’t an option (apparently need special tools). I’ve heard their muzzle devices are a pain to get off. I’d like to put an AAC 51t flash hider on to run my can.

Re: Knights Armament muzzle device removal help needed

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Why won't the Reaction Rod work? What caliber is it?

Was the brake put on there with Loctite? If so, you may need to heat it up to break the adhesive.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm

MadPick wrote:Why won't the Reaction Rod work? What caliber is it?

Was the brake put on there with Loctite? If so, you may need to heat it up to break the adhesive.

What Steve said. Reaction rods were made for these kind of jobs. I have one for 223 and another for 7.62. Let me know if I can help.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:39 am

If it's an SR15, the E3 bolt and barrel extension are different than a standard AR15 and the reaction rod probably won't fit the barrel extension. Knights makes a barrel extension tool that fits the SR15 and SR25/AR10.
If the OP ever gets to Renton I have one.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:27 am

1811GNR wrote:If it's an SR15, the E3 bolt and barrel extension are different than a standard AR15 and the reaction rod probably won't fit the barrel extension. Knights makes a barrel extension tool that fits the SR15 and SR25/AR10.

This.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:26 am

It’s the E3, so standard rod won’t fit. Brand new rifle. Not sure what Knights uses when they put them on. Just heard the are a pain to get off, and you need the rod unless you want to risk shearing the index pin and gas tube.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:27 am

1811GNR wrote:If it's an SR15, the E3 bolt and barrel extension are different than a standard AR15 and the reaction rod probably won't fit the barrel extension. Knights makes a barrel extension tool that fits the SR15 and SR25/AR10.

I’m in Renton about every 6 weeks. I’ll pm you next time I know I’ll be out that way

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Kick start my heart wrote:

I’m in Renton about every 6 weeks. I’ll pm you next time I know I’ll be out that way
Sounds good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Post a reply