Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 New to forum, not new to guns 

Hello to all gun-gurus,

I decided to join this forum because I thought it would help separate me from the negligent side of the shooting community, and help me find new pits to kill time at.
I’ve been into guns since I was a kid, with my first toy gun being a cap gun revolver. I thought those things were dope and it got me wanting to be a cop since age 5.

I finally got into firearms because nobody else in the household would come to grasp the realities of this shitty world that houses rapists, thieves, and murderers.
So then I got:
An AR as my first blaster, inspired and built to do cool guy stuff with and be Mr. Instagram Gun Guy — and of course to unload on any potential home intruder (primarily spiders and wasps)
A 10/22 for new shooters in my family to introduce guns to.
A Mossberg 590 to tell bad guys to get the fvck off my lawn!
And just a week ago I got a Sub 2000 for my carry/primary home defense/bear gun because it’s cheap and I don’t want my other expensive modded guns to get taken away for evidence. Also it takes glock mags.

No handguns because I haven’t reached 21 just yet. But the minute I do, you already know daddy’s tossing some dolla bills at a basic Glock 19 and a PX4.

So I’ve been shooting at the Triangle Pit for the past year, been picking up my brass, shells, targets, etc., and have been doing so since before this forum as every basic good responsible human should do.
But, I feel like every time I go, I have the natural inclination to strap on some plates.
I’ve been reading on some threads and share the same frustration with these dudes that fire during cease-fires, blast away at my own targets, or just constantly make me watch my own back in case they decide to “accidentally shoot me”. (Which would suck considering I go alone sometimes)
Which is disappointing considering an 18 year old is more responsible with an AR than some 28 year olds are with theirs.

Indoor ranges aren’t an option for me. Most ranges charge double-triple to buy their .223, don’t allow shotguns, a follow up shot within an hour, or have crazy membership prices.
Outdoor ranges are the same way, or have bad reviews with range masters or members being exclusive and potentially racist. (I’m asian, and this affects a lot of my shooting experiences)

Even if you guys don’t share your secret spots, I’m just looking for help in learning how to find new spots on my own, or how to avoid/deal with these clip-tongued trigger fiends.
Or maybe change my mind with these clubs and indoor ranges, who knows. Guns are awesome, brass in the air at all costs, I don’t care.

When not slinging rounds down range, I’m slinging espresso. So to those who know… come in the first of the month for a sticker of the month.

Thanks for the time and community ya’ll.

Cheers!

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:40 am

This is my gat

Last edited by kkuisine on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kkuisine wrote:
Hello to all gun-gurus,

I decided to join this forum because I thought it would help separate me from the negligent side of the shooting community, and help me find new pits to kill time at.
I’ve been into guns since I was a kid, with my first toy gun being a cap gun revolver. I thought those things were dope and it got me wanting to be a cop since age 5.

I finally got into firearms because nobody else in the household would come to grasp the realities of this shitty world that houses rapists, thieves, and murderers.
So then I got:
An AR as my first blaster, inspired and built to do cool guy stuff with and be Mr. Instagram Gun Guy — and of course to unload on any potential home intruder (primarily spiders and wasps)
And just a week ago I got a Sub 2000 for my carry/primary home defense/bear gun because it’s cheap and I don’t want my other expensive modded guns to get taken away for evidence. Also it takes glock mags.

No handguns because I haven’t reached 21 just yet. But the minute I do, you already know daddy’s tossing some dolla bills at a basic Glock 19 and a PX4.

So I’ve been shooting at the Triangle Pit for the past year, been picking up my brass, shells, targets, etc., and have been doing so since before this forum as every basic good responsible human should do.
But, I feel like every time I go, I have the natural inclination to strap on some plates.
I’ve been reading on some threads and share the same frustration with these dudes that fire during cease-fires, blast away at my own targets, or just constantly make me watch my own back in case they decide to “accidentally shoot me”. (Which would suck considering I go alone sometimes)
Which is disappointing considering an 18 year old is more responsible with an AR than some 28 year olds are with theirs.

Indoor ranges aren’t an option for me. Most ranges charge double-triple to buy their .223, don’t allow shotguns, a follow up shot within an hour, or have crazy membership prices.
Outdoor ranges are the same way, or have bad reviews with range masters or members being exclusive and potentially racist. (I’m asian, and this affects a lot of my shooting experiences)

Even if you guys don’t share your secret spots, I’m just looking for help in learning how to find new spots on my own, or how to avoid/deal with these clip-tongued trigger fiends.
Or maybe change my mind with these clubs and indoor ranges, who knows. Guns are awesome, brass in the air at all costs, I don’t care.

When not slinging rounds down range, I’m slinging espresso. So to those who know… come in the first of the month for a sticker of the month.

Cheers!

Fed Way discount guns lets you shoot ARs with your own ammo in their Tactical bay. Just have to find a member. Not sure about Champion Arms.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to WaGuns!

Do you have anyone in the family/friend that Shoot?

The reason I ask is for many reasons.
1) it’s always nice to share the sport of shooting
2) it’s nice to have a more experienced shooter to get you started on the right foot.

But anyways if you don’t there are folks here that may be able to help. Just ask - both online and in person.

I find that the vast majority of shooters that are experienced are willing to help new shooters.

As to shooting outdoors - that’s not my area of knowledge.

I would also have you consider finding an instructor to get you going in the right direction. I know it’s quite a bit of money and time but it’ll serve you well in the long run.

The reason I say this - hoping you avoid learning bad habits now and by which it’ll take you quite a bit to unlearn. This will cost more in the long run both time and money.

Anyways, welcome and learn from us and others.
Do know that everyone expresses their opinion from their viewpoint. So if someone is teaching you something know that it’s coming from their perspective of understanding which may be different than what you need or will do.

Simple Example - right hand shooter teaching a left hand shooter. Cross eye, etc. Or a rifle shooter teaching a pistol class. One has to understand the diverse points of view.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
kkuisine wrote:
Hello to all gun-gurus,

So then I got:

Cheers!

Fed Way discount guns lets you shoot ARs with your own ammo in their Tactical bay. Just have to find a member. Not sure about Champion Arms.

Champion arms is basically a pistol caliber only range. They allow ars only if you use their frangible ammo. It’s like $1 a round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

First off, welcome to WaGuns! I've basically stopped going into the forest unless we are going with a group, to do a cleanup. If you are hitting the triangle pit often, just a few minutes further south (same road too) is the Evergreen Sportsman's Club. Outdoor range, open to the public (or you can be a member, if you want). AR's, Pistols are all allowed. Shotgun is too if shooting buck or slug. You can also shoot at their trap range, sporting clay or skeet as well if you have some birdshot that needs to fly.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcomewgo

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! sorry you've had such a bad time trying to find a place to shot, If you were more south, i'd offer to show you around the range outdoor where I am an RSO.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

:wagwoot:

Greetings and Welcome to WaGuns.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard. What Massivedesign said, check out ESC. We like to call it the Pacific Northwest’s premier shooting facility.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:20 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

kkuisine wrote:
Hello to all gun-gurus

Hey! What about the rest of us?! :ROFLMAO:

kkuisine wrote:
So then I got:
An AR as my first blaster
A 10/22
A Mossberg 590
And just a week ago I got a Sub 2000

That's a damn good start! :thumbsup2: You've got a lot of bases covered right there.

kkuisine wrote:

I like you already. Thanks for being a good steward for our shooting areas! And yeah . . . I agree about the desire to strap on plates, it really is amazing how many total fucking idiots we have out there.

kkuisine wrote:

I'm a big fan of outdoor ranges, and I'd encourage you to check them out. I'm a member at Renton Fish & Game, Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club, and Cascade Shooting Facilities; all have their pros and cons. Where do you live?

I'm a little surprised to hear that being Asian has caused you issues in the shooting world; it seems that Asians make up a pretty huge percentage of the gun crowd. I'm not saying it ain't so (I'm a white guy, so some of this stuff is harder for me to see), I'm just saying that there are a lot of Asians out at the ranges and on WaGuns!

kkuisine wrote:

What city do you live in? Care to share where you work? (If not, that's fine.)

Welcome to WaGuns, and thanks for the intro thread! :wagwoot:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Thanks for the welcoming party ya’ll, excited to fully commit and join a dope community.

I’ll keep ESC in mind, membership fees don’t seem overwhelmingly crazy. Might check it out when I get my work boss to get into long guns.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:05 am

kkuisine wrote:

What city do you live in? Care to share where you work? (If not, that's fine.)

Welcome to WaGuns, and thanks for the intro thread! :wagwoot:[/quote]

I’m situated out in Auburn. Definitely have looked into those different outdoor ranges that you’ve mentioned (minus snoqualmie), but I think I’d just wait until I can get a range buddy to go with before I hop in.

I’m just looking for a spot to do training. Where I can pop 10 rounds on a timed drill and not be scrutinized for it.

I deal coffee at Dutch Bros. Serving folks of all color, gender, sexualities, races, and professions.
We also back the blue and aren’t afraid of guns, which is something I won’g complain about.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

kkuisine wrote:
I deal coffee at Dutch Bros. Serving folks of all color, gender, sexualities, races, and professions.
We also back the blue and aren’t afraid of guns, which is something I won’g complain about.

Sounds like a good place. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]