New member from Central WA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

biggtim wrote:
usrifle wrote:
biggtim wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Welcome! A Garand guy? I like you already. :bow:

Great minds, right? I would love to attend a CMP affiliated Garand match sometimes if you know of any in the NW. I am not aware of anything in Central WA. Wouldn't mind trying Cowboy action shooting sometime, too.

My bucket list guns are an M1A (NM or M21) and a Henry Big Boy lever gun in .45 Colt to go with my pistol. The lever gun could happen in a few years, but the M1A is still going to be out of reach for my budget for some time, maybe forever. I have a daughter in college and a 15 year old son, an old car project to finish, and countless other things to blow my meager funds on!!

We have monthly Garand matches at my local club. I have never actually done one, maybe I should. :bigsmile:
If you make it over here sometime, I have a NM M1A you can shoot. :thumbsup2:

Oh man, I'd love that! Where is your club? I get over to the left side a few times a year to visit family, that might be a fun thing to do while I'm there.

https://www.therangellc.com/training/cl ... classid=88

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Heck yeah, I shoot there all the time! I even did the Level 1 event once, but it's on Wednesday nights, and conflicts with another thing I have every Wednesday, so I couldn't do it enough to qualify for Level 2, which is on weekends. Maybe someday!

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:14 pm

You are in Selah. I am in in Union Gap and White Pass. A good place to hunt depends on species. I have an area that is approximately 20 square miles. Only way in is by motorcycle on an open trail or ileagally past a washed put culvert on a quad or by horse mountain bike or foot. My water users group/ cabin tract controls the access by a historic trail that I reopened so we can control the water quality of our creek. We are very select on who gets to use our access and we and other authorized users watch what goes on. We had a 16 year old that was hunting with a friend......his first year with out a parent or grandparent. He or his friend decided to poach a branched antler bull. More then one of us made sure that the duo had a visit from law enforcement.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2