Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New gun owner 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sofunkyitsfresh wrote:
Hi everyone. New gun owner here as well. Sig P365 seems to be the CCW of choice. I just bought one myself for my birthday (which was yesterday). I was told that I could pick it up April 10 *fingers crossed*. Super excited and already have gun #2 and gun #3 picked out lol. Since we're all quarantined I'm planning on practicing my draw. I've also been loading and reloading my magazines trying to figure out the most efficient way. It hurts like heck. Anyway, glad to be a part of the fam!

Welcome!
I don't know if the 365 comes with a mag loader, but if it doesn't this is your new best friend for loading mags.
https://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp
Do you have previous Firearms experience?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
sofunkyitsfresh wrote:
Hi everyone. New gun owner here as well. Sig P365 seems to be the CCW of choice. I just bought one myself for my birthday (which was yesterday). I was told that I could pick it up April 10 *fingers crossed*. Super excited and already have gun #2 and gun #3 picked out lol. Since we're all quarantined I'm planning on practicing my draw. I've also been loading and reloading my magazines trying to figure out the most efficient way. It hurts like heck. Anyway, glad to be a part of the fam!

Welcome!
I don't know if the 365 comes with a mag loader, but if it doesn't this is your new best friend for loading mags.

^^great advice here^^^

Welcome aboard! The P365 mags are especially hard to load by hand compared to most full sized guns.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:33 pm

usrifle wrote:
sofunkyitsfresh wrote:

Welcome!
Do you have previous Firearms experience?

No and No.
This looks great. Got 5 rounds in each of the included clips. I have to admit it wasn't an easy task against a brand new spring.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sofunkyitsfresh wrote:

Welcome to WaGuns! :wagwoot:

Great choice with the P365; I love mine. Since I'm working from home now, it's been riding my hip about 17 hours a day.

For reloading most pistol mags (including 9mm like yours), there is only one answer: UPLula. It's about $30. Just buy one, don't hesitate. Don't look at competitors. Just buy it.

FYI, the manufacturer says there are some counterfeits being sold on Amazon that are weaker and prone to breaking. They recommend buying from known gun-related dealers. So use your judgment . . . I've bought on Amazon without a problem, but your mileage may vary.

But just buy one. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:15 am

Great choice, I love my p365, such a little beast, i too need a holdster and start practicing

Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 pm

sofunkyitsfresh wrote:

Ensure that when you are doing any type of handling or practicing with a dry firearm, that all ammunition is in a separate room and you verify you have a clear firearm prior to starting any type of practice one last time.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sofunkyitsfresh wrote:

Look into a UpLULA, you'll never look back. You can load magazines all day without hurting your fingers. Then once you buy yourself an AR, you can get the MagLULA or StripLULA, a 10/22 LULA for your .22 rifle, BabyLULA for your smaller calibers, etc. and so on.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:52 pm
Profile WWW

My husband and I ended up getting the Uplula. We also purchased A-Zoom snap caps for in-home practice. I've looked into drills you can practice at home. Thanks for the advice on keeping ammo in a separate room.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sofunkyitsfresh wrote:
My husband and I ended up getting the Uplula. We also purchased A-Zoom snap caps for in-home practice.

Two of the best purchases you can make as a gun owner. :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2