Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Yet another new member from Seattle 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! Things you can do with your mossy without going to the range:

1) field strip and reassemble over and over and over again. It can be a pain in the ass to reassemble these without practicing so be patient at first and watch a vid
2) familiarize yourself with the trigger break point, pump operation and trigger reset (dry fire) please make sure there is no ammo in the same room.
3) start making mental notes of accessories you might want for it. Different for everyone. Go for practical over gimmicks.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from South Seattle!

Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome, insights and hospitality. I appreciate it.

cootduster, I would never rule out driving down to meet you. I’d be happy to make the drive, actually.

usrifle, I learned a lot watching that video. I’ve actually already purchased some 00 buck and even some slugs. But Paul’s demonstration now has me convinced I should get some bird shot. I look forward to trying out all of them and getting a feel for each. Since I do have kids in the house and I’m in an urban area, the birdshot makes sense. And I’ve spent the last hour watching more of his vids… Fascinating guy- thanks, boss.

Pablo, I hope to someday own a variety of firearms. Including a carbine.

oldkim, understood. Thank you.

Kgbsucka, I just wouldn’t feel right not training and practicing with it as much as possible. I literally have no experience so I feel like it’s just mandatory.

PW, those are great suggestions and I’ll be sure to do that. I actually bought some fake 12 gauge shells just to practice loading and unloading at the house.

The more I read and watch the more I realize how little I know. But it’s fun learning this stuff!

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ZCDC wrote:
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome, insights and hospitality. I appreciate it.

cootduster, I would never rule out driving down to meet you. I’d be happy to make the drive, actually.

usrifle, I learned a lot watching that video. I’ve actually already purchased some 00 buck and even some slugs. But Paul’s demonstration now has me convinced I should get some bird shot. I look forward to trying out all of them and getting a feel for each. Since I do have kids in the house and I’m in an urban area, the birdshot makes sense. And I’ve spent the last hour watching more of his vids… Fascinating guy- thanks, boss.

Pablo, I hope to someday own a variety of firearms. Including a carbine.

oldkim, understood. Thank you.

Kgbsucka, I just wouldn’t feel right not training and practicing with it as much as possible. I literally have no experience so I feel like it’s just mandatory.

PW, those are great suggestions and I’ll be sure to do that. I actually bought some fake 12 gauge shells just to practice loading and unloading at the house.

The more I read and watch the more I realize how little I know. But it’s fun learning this stuff!

Great job on buying the "Snap Caps" or dummy rounds, very smart of you and safer for the Firing pin during dry fire practice.
Kudos to you for wanting to train and practice, you are doing all the right things as a new Firearm owner. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2