Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:36 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New member from Kirkland 
Author Message
User avatar

Location: Kirkland
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020
Posts: 4
Hello, I just moved here from California to be with my S/O. I am glad to be here in beautiful Washington State and at least partially free from draconian gun laws!

I just recently hit my 90 day anniversary of living in Washington state and as such bought a new pistol and AR-15 lower.


Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:08 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 7186
Real Name: Steve
technicangel wrote:
Hello, I just moved here from California to be with my S/O. I am glad to be here in beautiful Washington State and at least partially free from draconian gun laws!

I just recently hit my 90 day anniversary of living in Washington state and as such bought a new pistol and AR-15 lower.


Congratulations!

Welcome to the Forum :thumbsup2:

What pistol did you get? Did you own any guns in CA?


Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Kirkland
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020
Posts: 4
NWGunner wrote:
technicangel wrote:
Hello, I just moved here from California to be with my S/O. I am glad to be here in beautiful Washington State and at least partially free from draconian gun laws!

I just recently hit my 90 day anniversary of living in Washington state and as such bought a new pistol and AR-15 lower.


Congratulations!

Welcome to the Forum :thumbsup2:

What pistol did you get? Did you own any guns in CA?



I bought a P365 and i am currently waiting on the background check for that to clear.

As far as guns I own. The only gun I bought on my own when I lived in California was a M9A1. My father died a few months before i moved to Washington State so I also inherited all of his guns as well. Most of them are bolt action hunting rifles with a few hand guns thrown in. I laugh at my boyfriend because while he is more into guns than I am I own about three times as many as he does now.


Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:15 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 7186
Real Name: Steve
technicangel wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
technicangel wrote:
Hello, I just moved here from California to be with my S/O. I am glad to be here in beautiful Washington State and at least partially free from draconian gun laws!

I just recently hit my 90 day anniversary of living in Washington state and as such bought a new pistol and AR-15 lower.


Congratulations!

Welcome to the Forum :thumbsup2:

What pistol did you get? Did you own any guns in CA?



I bought a P365 and i am currently waiting on the background check for that to clear.

As far as guns I own. The only gun I bought on my own when I lived in California was a M9A1. My father died a few months before i moved to Washington State so I also inherited all of his guns as well. Most of them are bolt action hunting rifles with a few hand guns thrown in. I laugh at my boyfriend because while he is more into guns than I am I own about three times as many as he does now.


Sorry for the loss of your father :bow:

Funny, though, on your boyfriend one-up :bigsmile:


Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14050
Real Name: John
Welcome to Waguns! :wagwoot:

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:12 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Ryderwood WA.
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011
Posts: 4823
welcomewgo

Greetings and Welcome to WaGuns.
Welcome to Washington, and on your move out of CA.
Sorry to hear about your father.

It is all ways good to see a female on the board.
Talk to: MadPick and he can arrange a special "color" for your name. just for the ladies.

cootduster

_________________
Retired May 30th 2018, after 41years.

Getting old sucks. Last year I farted too hard and threw out my back.
"Sinus211"


Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:46 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Western Wa.
Joined: Sat Jul 5, 2014
Posts: 410
cootduster wrote:
welcomewgo

Greetings and Welcome to WaGuns.
Welcome to Washington, and on your move out of CA.
Sorry to hear about your father.

It is all ways good to see a female on the board.
Talk to: MadPick and he can arrange a special "color" for your name. just for the ladies.

cootduster


They didn't say if they were a male or female...
Just because they said "Boyfriend" doesn't make them female.
I have a few Male friends that have Boyfriends.

OP...Welcome!!!
What part of CA are you from...I spent 29 years there.
From the Inland Empire to the Central Coast.

-Jason-

_________________
So much to do and So little help...


Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Burlington
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012
Posts: 4463
Real Name: Kyle
Welcome! That P365 seems to a popular pistol. I'm sure your collection will only grow more, just make sure to stay ahead of your boyfriend!


Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Location: Kirkland
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020
Posts: 4
dimwit13 wrote:
cootduster wrote:
welcomewgo

Greetings and Welcome to WaGuns.
Welcome to Washington, and on your move out of CA.
Sorry to hear about your father.

It is all ways good to see a female on the board.
Talk to: MadPick and he can arrange a special "color" for your name. just for the ladies.

cootduster


They didn't say if they were a male or female...
Just because they said "Boyfriend" doesn't make them female.
I have a few Male friends that have Boyfriends.

OP...Welcome!!!
What part of CA are you from...I spent 29 years there.
From the Inland Empire to the Central Coast.

-Jason-



Yes I am in fact a woman if you wanted to make that clear lol.

I came from Pasadena but i worked nearly everywhere in the LA area going all the way to Ontario to Santa Barbra and even a few stints in the Bay Area.

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Welcome! That P365 seems to a popular pistol. I'm sure your collection will only grow more, just make sure to stay ahead of your boyfriend!


I am thinking about getting a concealed carry license and sort of wanted a gun that would be small enough to carry while also having a decent amount of rounds in the magazine. I am worried about giving my finger prints to the FBI mostly out of pure moral concerns but considering I have had enough creditable threats, mostly from my boyfriend's family, to my life I might actually do it.


Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:34 am
Profile
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 42149
Real Name: Steve
Welcome to WaGuns! Thanks for making an intro thread. thumbsup

technicangel wrote:
I laugh at my boyfriend because while he is more into guns than I am I own about three times as many as he does now.


Ha! I love that. I help the Adventure Protection crew with ladies' handgun training, and we have a good community of women that have gone through the course and stick with us in our Facebook group, and come to our monthly shoots. It's cool to watch them go from newbies to enthusiasts, and it's kind of a role reversal from the typical situation.

Usually you picture the man buying guns, maybe trying to hide the purchases from his wife, wife is like "wtf dude" . . . but now we're seeing just the opposite, the man's head is spinning as the wife is stuffing the house with guns. AWESOME.

Good choice with the P365, if you're going to carry! That's my carry gun of choice; it's amazing how much 9mm firepower it fits into such a small and shootable package. :thumbsup2:

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:04 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Maple Valley, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 7994
Real Name: Young
Welcome to WA and to WaGuns!

Yes, family and life can be complicated. Enjoy your Freedom and if you ever want to take class (woman only class). Check out Adventure Protection. http://www.AdventureProtection.com

Located out of Ravensdale (Cascade Sportsmens Club).

The 365 is a good choice.
I put a minI red dot (Romeo Zero) on mine and love it!


Side note:
Damn it. MadPick literally beat me by a click


Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:10 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Western Wa.
Joined: Sat Jul 5, 2014
Posts: 410
technicangel wrote:
dimwit13 wrote:
cootduster wrote:
welcomewgo

Greetings and Welcome to WaGuns.
Welcome to Washington, and on your move out of CA.
Sorry to hear about your father.

It is all ways good to see a female on the board.
Talk to: MadPick and he can arrange a special "color" for your name. just for the ladies.

cootduster


They didn't say if they were a male or female...
Just because they said "Boyfriend" doesn't make them female.
I have a few Male friends that have Boyfriends.

OP...Welcome!!!
What part of CA are you from...I spent 29 years there.
From the Inland Empire to the Central Coast.

-Jason-



Yes I am in fact a woman if you wanted to make that clear lol.

I came from Pasadena but i worked nearly everywhere in the LA area going all the way to Ontario to Santa Barbra and even a few stints in the Bay Area.

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Welcome! That P365 seems to a popular pistol. I'm sure your collection will only grow more, just make sure to stay ahead of your boyfriend!


I am thinking about getting a concealed carry license and sort of wanted a gun that would be small enough to carry while also having a decent amount of rounds in the magazine. I am worried about giving my finger prints to the FBI mostly out of pure moral concerns but considering I have had enough creditable threats, mostly from my boyfriend's family, to my life I might actually do it.


Doesn't matter to me.
Just that the times have changed and people get offended at a drop of a hat.
My MIL lived in SB. I used to love to eat and drink (when I drank) at Left at Albuquerque? I think that is what it was called. 20 years or so ago.

-dimwit-

_________________
So much to do and So little help...


Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:43 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Burlington
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012
Posts: 4463
Real Name: Kyle
So guys, are we glossing over the fact that they ha e an abusive BF's family?

OP, I thank you and respect your response. Care to elaborate? Is it as dire as it sounds? If you're getting a CPL strictly to feel safe from In-laws, that's a bit fucked up.


Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Kirkland
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020
Posts: 4
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
So guys, are we glossing over the fact that they ha e an abusive BF's family?

OP, I thank you and respect your response. Care to elaborate? Is it as dire as it sounds? If you're getting a CPL strictly to feel safe from In-laws, that's a bit fucked up.


My boyfriend's family hate me because I am part Native American and not good enough in their opinion for their son. They are lawyers and hired a private investagtors to dig stuff up on me then lied to my employers enough by writing them on their legal heading that I commit something I didn't do. My employers didn't even look into the claim and just assumed they were right. They also threatened me a few times saying they were going to hire a hit man to kill me and sent a few PIs to my parents house looking for me. My boyfriend got a job offer for a tech company up here and we just took it and ran from California to fall off the grid so to speak.

I tried calling the police about this stuff but since they are lawyers they keep just on the legal side of everything and only really threatened me in times when I wasn't able to record them. We both love each other very much and I am willing to stay with him despite everything that has happened and he is willing deify his parents to be with me.


Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:52 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 14050
Real Name: John
technicangel wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
So guys, are we glossing over the fact that they ha e an abusive BF's family?

OP, I thank you and respect your response. Care to elaborate? Is it as dire as it sounds? If you're getting a CPL strictly to feel safe from In-laws, that's a bit fucked up.


My boyfriend's family hate me because I am part Native American and not good enough in their opinion for their son. They are lawyers and hired a private investagtors to dig stuff up on me then lied to my employers enough by writing them on their legal heading that I commit something I didn't do. My employers didn't even look into the claim and just assumed they were right. They also threatened me a few times saying they were going to hire a hit man to kill me and sent a few PIs to my parents house looking for me. My boyfriend got a job offer for a tech company up here and we just took it and ran from California to fall off the grid so to speak.

I tried calling the police about this stuff but since they are lawyers they keep just on the legal side of everything and only really threatened me in times when I wasn't able to record them. We both love each other very much and I am willing to stay with him despite everything that has happened and he is willing deify his parents to be with me.


Wow...I'm sorry you have had to endure that, that's horrible.

_________________
Mr. Q wrote: so basically, if you have to smoke some asshole, make sure they become fertilizer and then Bounce? got it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member


Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:05 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.876s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]