Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Longtime accountholder, first-time poster 

Megadittoes from the Cascade Foothills, Rush... oops, wrong show.

Okay, let's try that again. Registered an account here long ago, never posted, rediscovered my old account at NWFA* several years ago and went back active there, then finally found my way back here. Life, particularly the care needs of multiple aging relatives when you're the last living Able Body in the family, has a certain way of throwing monkey wrenches in the works...
*Some of you guys know me from over there--I helped lead the charge against Kapo Jason and his anti-gun "gun shop" as a member of the community, and while Joe still takes his money he's pretty well been negative-bombed in the reviews and shunned in the community like the Enemy Collaborator he is.

Freelance military historian, professional Commie-basher. (#AllDemsArePedos - if they can say we're all racists, hoist 'em by their own petard!) Longtime 1911 shooter, AR owner by necessity, still looking for a range in the foothills that doesn't wet themselves when you show up with an evil black rifle and real full-cap mags rather than neutered Klinton Klips. Owner of one of the few Canadian C8's in American hands. (My gal's a Canuck so I thought that would be a bit more of a "personal touch" than just another everybody-and-his-DOG-has-one M4gery.) Life member NRA and SAF, wish GOA had an installment-pay plan.

Oh and Eff China Joe, Eff Jackboot Jay aka King Inslee the Intolerable, Eff Turd Ferguson and Kiddie-Diddler Kreidler and most of all EFF all who support them. #Culp2022

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

You seem to have a really shitty attitude about our government.

You'll fit right in here! :bigsmile: :thumbsup2: :wagwoot: Welcome to WaGuns!

Oh, and you may like this thread.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:11 pm

MadPick wrote:
You seem to have a really shitty attitude about our government.

You'll fit right in here! :bigsmile: :thumbsup2: :wagwoot: Welcome to WaGuns!

THANK YOU! :bigsmile: (read that like John Lone's reaction to Alec Baldwin telling him "You, sir, are a barbarian" in the 1994 The Shadow)

Actually, stumbling across that was what put the boot up my ass to make me re-engage... :) I mainly cited that to jog the memory of other WAGuns/NWFA "dual citizens." Caveman Jim and RDB241 could probably vouch for me. #NeverForgiveNeverForget

Too bad we don't have an Oregon sister-site... I know a few southerly neighbors chafing at the other place's lukewarm attitude on 2A activism that could use a home.

A little "His & Hers" pic... Dave at South Ridge did the Napa Green Gunkote on her C8. (Well, technically they're both mine, it's just this is the one for the GF's use... Umbrella lower was another personal touch because she's a Resident Evil fan.)

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:53 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oooh, I think Technoweenie has a car to accompany that rifle....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome!

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:06 pm

Thanks, CD. :)

MadPick wrote:
Oooh, I think Technoweenie has a car to accompany that rifle....

I knew the job was a success when I sent this pic to Canadian vets from Afghanistan who'd helped me with researching it (one of them was a member over on the M4 Carbine forum who sponsored me into CanadianGunNutz, and his buddies took it from there) and several of them asked "How'd you get MY old work gun?". :)

That M4 started with a buddy's bring-back parts meant to reconstitute his own AFG duty M4 who needed money in a nasty divorce, so I bought the parts with a "right of first sale" clause hoping that he'd get back on his feet and be able to resume the build. Then when he joined the two dozen every day, I reached out to his kids to transfer that first offer clause and they told me "finish it in dad's memory and keep it, it's what he woulda wanted." Now I'm in the process of building up a full USMC rifleman set so (assuming I ever find a stripped Garand receiver or we get 1639 struck down/repealed) I can set up "then vs now" hands-on learning opportunities. (As an aspiring history prof assuming I make the slog back through finishing my degree and into academia, I'm a big fan of "learning by doing," trying to get students as close as possible to Being There without actually putting them in any danger.)

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Back! :thumbsup2:

Yeah, as MadPick mentioned, we have a “Let’s Go Jason” thread, too…

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:35 pm

You're one of the good ones, dude, I've always appreciated your contributions over on M4C, and noticed you'd been posting over here all of a sudden.

Good, glad to see it!

Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]