Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:00 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hey everyone!!! This is my first post, just wanted to say hi 

I'm new to finding shooting areas. Not a lot of places let me shoot 5.56/.223 rounds!!! I been at the capitol forest triangle pit the last 2 mornings and I love it. But hear there are many more places. I don't have anyone to shoot with and heard about this place from blogs. I am down with keeping it clean too :-) does anyone know where I might find a fun place to shoot my M4 in the woods? I live near Spanaway.. thanks guys and hope to have fun joining this cool. :thumbsup2:

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcomewgo

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to WaGuns!

:wagwoot:

To be honest there are only a few places around that people will publically disclose. Almost all of them are 2+ hours from you.

Up North to Sedro Woolley
South to Olympia area
Or East to Forest Road 70 Greenwater

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Howdy and welcome to Waguns! Many shooting spots listed on here with maps. Don't know much about your exact area but have shot with a group outside of Elbe. Just get you a discover pass and head up the mountains. ;)

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:05 pm

That's a great idea, thanks guys.. I'm a little intimidated about just heading in the woods with my AR, but I guess I'll get used to it. I'm afraid I'll be in the wrong place lol. I'm learning that state forrests are good right?

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Another question... every time I try and load an avatar it says "too big pixels" basically no matter what ? Any ideas :frust:

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First off welcome to the Board, second since your in Spanaway I would suggest heading over to Tacoma Sportsman's Club just down the road from you on Canyon.

I know you said you wanted to head into the woods but like another member pointed out everything is an hour + drive from you.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Thanks zombie, :-) that is my "go to joint" I'm there a lot, sometimes it's nice to change it up and maybe rapid fire a bit lol. But yes I love Tacoma sportsmans club and will prob join soon.. (even though I spent well over the member fee already.. ugh"

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome B, well first your avatar needs to be 200x or smaller

give Massive sometime before he fixes the shooting map up top........ahh hang on that could be a yr. head to elbe, greenwater off sf 70

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:57 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

:wagwoot:

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Thank you everyone

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns!

As Chris said, look at the size (pixels) of the picture you're trying to upload as an avatar. The maximum size is shown on the upload screen. If you need help resizing or cropping the picture, let us know.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Hollywood!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, use paint to resize if you have nothing else.
Maybe one of these days the powers that be will get a system that auto resizes images, but not yet.

So other than the AR what do you shoot?

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next