Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 MRC Newb to USPSA 

Hello,
I've been bugging the heck out of MRC's USPSA chairman with lots of questions. I did a IPSC 101 class at MRC in 2009 and have not been active since then.
I have signed up with the USPSA and Gary has offered to help me out with a practice session prior to showing up at MRC's 1st 2017 match.
Trying to figure out what an legal holster is, wanting to gear up correctly. I have downloaded the USPSA pistol rules.
VR,
Don Jones

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure what MRC is but do you have a USPSA safety check yet? If so, just show up at a local club match, tell them you are new, tell your squad-mates you are new and they will help you. Don't let equipment stop you, I can't imagine anyone at a club match turning you away because some piece of gear was wrong - unless it was unsafe. I started 3-gun the same way and was amazed at how incredibly helpful people were right down to loaning me a shotgun when mine went down. If you don't have a safety check card get one, you'll have to find a range/club that is holding safety checks and attend. There was one Tuesday night at West Cost Armory-North I believe. Also, try the USPSA local Facebook page for local calendar events and another place to ask questions.

Good luck and press-on, it's great fun! :AR15firing:

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:16 am
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

welcomewgo

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!

You will get "HOOKED" on competition shooting.
1) save all the brass you can.
2) plan to start reloading soon.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:54 pm

ccontrol wrote:
Not sure what MRC is but do you have a USPSA safety check yet? If so, just show up at a local club match, tell them you are new, tell your squad-mates you are new and they will help you. Don't let equipment stop you, I can't imagine anyone at a club match turning you away because some piece of gear was wrong - unless it was unsafe. I started 3-gun the same way and was amazed at how incredibly helpful people were right down to loaning me a shotgun when mine went down. If you don't have a safety check card get one, you'll have to find a range/club that is holding safety checks and attend. There was one Tuesday night at West Cost Armory-North I believe. Also, try the USPSA local Facebook page for local calendar events and another place to ask questions.

Yes I have my safety check card. Issued in July 2009.
MRC is Marysville Rifle Club. Are you an IPSC shooter?
VR, Don

Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 pm

cootduster wrote:
welcomewgo

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!!!!!!!!!

You will get "HOOKED" on competition shooting.
1) save all the brass you can.
2) plan to start reloading soon.

cootduster

I think a Dillon is in my future...
Already saving brass.
Thank you for the warm welcome.
VR, Don

Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chopaka wrote:
ccontrol wrote:

Yes I have my safety check card. Issued in July 2009.
MRC is Marysville Rifle Club. Are you an IPSC shooter?
VR, Don

Cool, Marysville is where I took my 3 gun orientation and safety check too. I mostly shoot 3 gun but some Action Pistol at Snoqualmie Rifle and plan to shoot some USPSA just to sharpen pistol and problem solving skills for 3 gun.
Jump in, tell them you are new, and soak it all in.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:15 am

ccontrol wrote:
Cool, Marysville is where I took my 3 gun orientation and safety check too. I mostly shoot 3 gun but some Action Pistol at Snoqualmie Rifle and plan to shoot some USPSA just to sharpen pistol and problem solving skills for 3 gun.
Jump in, tell them you are new, and soak it all in.

Thank you for the welcome.
I just rotated off the e-board of MRC and know full well about the success of that program. The 3 gun matches at MRC are well attended, very popular, and wildly successful.
VR, Don

Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]