Switch to full style
Feel like introducing yourself to the community? Do so here!
Post a reply

New guy and new to guns

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:08 am

Hey all,

Lurked for awhile but it seems like everyone is super friendly. I was super anti-gun until late 2017 and something clicked that I should try to build an AR. I milled out a lower 80 and assembled it and I have been hooked ever since.

My collection now includes 24 firearms including several p80 pistols and 80% ARs, a few shotguns, an AK, and other randoms. I just buy whatever is interesting (or whatever crazy deals come up on gundeals). I don't shoot often because there isn't anywhere close and the people I shoot with aren't very fun to shoot with.

Happy to be here and meet semi-like minded folks.

Thanks!

Re: New guy and new to guns

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:34 am

In before cootduster...

Welcome to the forum. You might want to look into joining SVRC which isn't too far from Monroe (I'm in Duvall). The dues aren't bad, about $100/yr, and there's a 200 yard rifle range & 50(?) yard pistol range.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Welcome. I had a similar "anti-gun" journey. It was weird looking back because I really did like guns, I was just "tricked" into not liking them by the anti-gun rhetoric which I didn't critically consider. Anyway, after college when I moved out on my own, one of my first major purchases was a handgun. Hooked ever since.

Now decades later, looking back, I'm so thankful for a few key events. Friends took me shooting, introduced me to guns and safety, and so forth. It woke me up politically, and my world view totally changed from a big government liberal to a small government conservative. Once you start paying close attention on the overall views of "gun grabbers" it will alarm you what they have done to our nation.

Anyway, yes, most folks here are great. Welcome to a whole new life of greater awareness and independence.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Wow! Welcome!

We all advance and come to grasp the fundamentals of Freedom!

Seems you jumped in with “both feet” and two arms and your head first! Wow. Great.

0 to 24 and more!

Let us know if you have any questions.
And lastly, how much ammo and magazines do you have... lol

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:24 pm

:wagwoot:

Welcome to WaGuns !!!!

You must have access to, and knowledge about nice tools, to mill out an " 80".

Congratulations.

cootduster

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Welcome! I’m new here too but it seems like a pretty chill place!

:D

Happ

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Welcome aboard!

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Happ1966Moore wrote:Welcome! I’m new here too but it seems like a pretty chill place!

:D

Happ

Yes, we might say that it's a Happ Happ Happy place. :)
Welcome aboard! :wagwoot:

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Welcome to WaGuns, I love you.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Everyone's journey is different. Glad you're here!

I grew up around guns, but my old man was hardly a regular shooter. When we'd go on road trips and pick up some reading material, mine was always a combination of gun, paintball, or funny magazines like MAD or Cracked. I never had the money for paintball as a kid, and well, contrary to the media's belief, I couldn't walk in to the local hardware store and buy a gun. Then I joined the Marines and not only did loads of infantry stuff, I also shot some intramural competitions. By the time I got out, I was kind of sick of shooting (yeah, stupid I know) and invested most of my $ into a Jeep and computer gear. For many years my only gun was a SIG P220 I bought for carry and home defense.

Then I had my lightbulb moment in 2009 after the inauguration of you-know-who and the rest is history.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm

We're glad to have you here! Sounds like your collection is already coming along nicely.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Welcome, there is a lot to learn. You will never know it all, but the journey is fun. Feel free to ask the seemingly stupid questions.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Welcome!!

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Welcome! I was born and raised with guns. My dad was a WW2 vet. My kids were also born and raised with guns, and both carry, in spite of all the bullshit they heard from every teacher and most friends, up through college.

It may have taken you a bit longer, but it’s great you are here!

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Welcome to the club.

Congrats on entering a very addicting and expensive hobby.
Post a reply