WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 gone please delete 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gone

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am
Profile WWW

No hard drive.....a hard drive and ram you need just to get to bios. Those kinda look like XP laptops only worth $40 working.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
No hard drive.....a hard drive and ram you need just to get to bios. Those kinda look like XP laptops only worth $40 working.

No hard drive needed to boot into bios. As long as they have RAM they can be tested.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do they have RAM in them?

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
Do they have RAM in them?

yes I only removed the hard drives

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These would be great for a linux box if you were looking for something to play with. Otherwise unless you have access to an OEM license you are better off buying a laptop with the hard drive and a fresh copy of Win 10 already on them.

Hey Tincan, do they have Windows stickers on them? If so what version. If Win 7 or 8.0 they aren't worth much as those are out of support in two months.

Do they have working batteries or just the cord?

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are at my cost to everyone here: https://backupcomputing.dattodrive.com/index.php/s/KuFBobyElJbltAj

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Casey,
Can you post or PM me the model number on these? I have some spare hard drives and know some folks who don't have a working laptop and these might work fine.

Thanks

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

first one is a G60-508US, has battery and charger
second one is a Pavilion Notebook 17-e016dx, has battery and charger
third one is a Pavilion dv6-6135dx no battery, no charger

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
first one is a G60-508US, has battery and charger
second one is a Pavilion Notebook 17-e016dx, has battery and charger
third one is a Pavilion dv6-6135dx no battery, no charger

Thanks for the model numbers, none of them have the type of memory I'm looking for, so I'm out.

All three of them would make nice hosts for a Linux box, especially the last one if anyone was interested. It's also the only one that started life as a Win7 box. Batteries are cheap, chargers relatively easy to find. Slap an SSD in it, max out the memory (16gb), and you'd have nice laptop.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post Deleted.

Jack

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]