Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 08/13/2021 South Sound Supporters Box 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Caveman Jim for my turn with the box! It was great meeting you!

I took the time to identify some previously unknown items (mags, etc). Didn't have much else going on today, so all I have done for the last few hours is go through the boxes.

Oh, and Caveman? Had to get a bigger box when I was done. Now there's a bit more room.

(It's just the two boxes that are stacked, btw)

I live in Spanaway, but work in Shelton. Have family in Gig Harbor, and even occasionally head up to Federal Way, but not often. Can meet somewhere between it it works for us both.

On August 20th after I get off of work I will use Google's random number generator after assigning numbers in the order of "In" posts by users.

To be eligible:
-You must be a site supporter (make the donation before joining the drawing, click on the yellow "Donate" button toward the top of the page).

-You must be willing/able to pick up the box, go through it, add your contributions, post the drawing and get it to the new person within one month (the sooner the better, but if you don't think you can handle the responsibility of doing this in less than 30 days, please don't join the drawing).

-You must log the items you take/add in a notebook found inside the box. For example, "On 2/28/2015, JohnDoe took one AR magazine and put in 5 AK magazines."

-You must add items of equal or greater value than what you remove (this is important to keep the PIF Box interesting/fun/high value).

-You will post “In” AND describe your most influential firearm related gift (either giving or receiving).

(I have two:

My father gave me his 30-30 lever that he had had since he was 16. By far not my oldest firearm, but definately one of my favorites.

In 2002 or 2003, I was sponsored by Nesika Bay Precision (before they buyout) to go to the NRA Whittington Center in New Mexico. I was in middle school at the time and it was totally out of the blue. It was an awesome experience!)

-You will take the time to skim the notes in the log book AND take the time to help out and label stuff in the box. (Especially stuff you put in. If its a brace or handle or barrel or holster or whatever, label it clearly or bag it with a label so everyone can figure out what stuff is without playing guessing games.

And thanks for playing!

Spoiler: show
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

“The word "good" has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man.”
― G. K. Chesterton

“A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.”
— Rep. Allen West, FL

“Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right.”
— U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, U.S. v. Emerson (1999)

“An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.”
— Jeff Cooper

Last edited by MurphyEF on Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In.

I bought a shotgun when I was 22, and since I was a broke college student I made the joke that I was going to give it to myself for Christmas. My dad took it one step further and wrapped it and put it under the tree.

When I unwrapped it on Christmas, I discovered that my dad had swapped the shotgun out of its box and put in a 22 and a lever action 243 that had belonged to my grandfather.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In. Got a red ryder as a kid:)

Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In.

When I was a young poor 20 something I had a new single mother ask me for a pistol to borrow because she was scared and I didn't have one for her. She was murdered a week later buy the guy she was scared of. I have bought and given away 3 pistols to women in the same situation since then.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In.

My dad gave me a Remington 7400 270 for my 16th birthday. My younger brother shot his fist buck with the rifle at about 300 yards at 13 years old after his 742 30.06 jammed and FTF after missing his first shot at about 150 yards. The old man passed away too young in 2010 and I haven't hunted with the rifle since. It will always have a place in my safe and hopefully passed onto one of my kiddos when they are older.

Edit: I am a site supporter and have a receipt to prove it, but for some reason it doesn't show up under my username.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

cem3434 wrote:
Edit: I am a site supporter and have a receipt to prove it, but for some reason it doesn't show up under my username.

Yup, I see that you donated today. Thank you!! :bow:

It's a manual process for us to see the donation and then make you a site supporter, so sometimes it takes a bit. But as soon as I submit this post, I'll go make it happen....

Thank you for your support!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In! My grandfather gave me a 8mm Mauser that he brought back from WW2, pried from the snipers “cold dead hands”

Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not in, but just wanted to say it was nice of Murph to upgrade the box! :thumbsup2:

:cheers2:

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Not in, but just wanted to say it was nice of Murph to upgrade the box! :thumbsup2:

:cheers2:

I upgraded it first then he had the larger size tub. People need to start taking more stuff or it’s gonna wind up being 3-4 boxes. :rofl9:
Good luck guys. :wink05:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cem3434 wrote:
In.

My dad gave me a Remington 7400 270 for my 16th birthday. My younger brother shot his fist buck with the rifle at about 300 yards at 13 years old after his 742 30.06 jammed and FTF after missing his first shot at about 150 yards. The old man passed away too young in 2010 and I haven't hunted with the rifle since. It will always have a place in my safe and hopefully passed onto one of my kiddos when they are older.

The tally is in! Congrats cem3434! Sending a PM to you after posting this so we can set up a handoff!

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

“The word "good" has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man.”
― G. K. Chesterton

“A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.”
— Rep. Allen West, FL

“Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right.”
— U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, U.S. v. Emerson (1999)

“An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.”
— Jeff Cooper

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:02 pm

In! My most influential firearm is a m1 carbine my grandfather gave me when I was very young. I grew up learning the art of guns with it and will never let it go!!!

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

justincredible3 wrote:
In! My most influential firearm is a m1 carbine my grandfather gave me when I was very young. I grew up learning the art of guns with it and will never let it go!!!

:facepalm2:

:ROFLMAO:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PM sent! thumbsup

Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:08 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]