Switch to full style
Have an item you no longer need? Feel like racking up some Karma points? Give it away to a fellow WGO member!
Topic locked

Re: PIF: Women's Only SOTM! -- December 18th - MSXDM WINS

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Excellent! Jamie I'll PM when I return on Tuesday.

I have you down and will send you details.

If you have any questions please PM.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Congrats you will have a "Blast" Pun intended!!!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Woot!! Right on!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:35 am

:party: :party: :party: Oh yay!!!!!!!!!!! so whos donating the ammo??? haha this should be fun

Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:09 pm

yay!!! :) Thanks!! I made sure I was free that day anyway so I will be there! :D
Thanks again!!!!

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Today was awesome! I'm so glad I did this and I learned a lot! I will definitely be recommending it to other people and be doing more shooting like this in the future :-bd

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:06 pm

MSXDM wrote:Today was awesome!

HELL YES IT WAS!! icon_super

We only had seven shooters, which is bad because we had hoped for more ladies to come out and shoot . . . but it was GREAT for those that did come, since it meant more shooting time for everyone.

We had some great participation by WaGuns members:

- Oldkim, of course, is the grand master and creator of SOTM.
- Shelley_Rae gave a great talk on carry gear and methods of concealed carry specific to women, and represented West Coast Armory which is where we were.
- Steble01, BoxerGirl and I were safety officers.
- MSXDM was there shooting it up!

And I'm sure we had other WaGuns members there too, but I just don't know . . . chime in if you were there and I didn't mention you!

We started with the usual getting comfortable drawing, reholstering, etc. and then moved on to drawing and shooting, and then added movement (retreating, advancing, moving laterally, using cover) into the mix.

Then oldkim killed the lights . . . and we shot in the dark, both with and without flashlights and/or weapon-mounted lights. Very cool. b-)

And at the end, we laid out a couple of tables of random guns, and everyone got a chance to try different toys. Glocks, AK-47, Benelli M4 12-gauge, Sig 556, PS90, M&P15-22, Sig pistols, H&K USP, CZ-52 and a whole lot of others . . . . AR15firing AR15firing AR15firing AR15firing AR15firing

Great job to everyone; I think it was a GREAT day. Special thanks to West Coast Armory for hosting us, and to oldkim, who likes to give the safety officers all of the credit but in reality does 99.44% of the work himself. icon_pray

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeah, GREAT times..... Nice to meet MSXDM, sorry I lost you there, but looks like you were doing pretty good shooting with Randy. And always a pleasure hangin out with the rest of the gang!!!

The gallery of guns was awesome......how many other places do you get to do that at???? icon_super

Thanks to Young from me as well......WE couldnt do this without you. :-bd

I was a little disappointed however, I figured Dan was going to come in a dress.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:36 pm

steble01 wrote:I was a little disappointed however, I figured Dan was going to come in a dress.

Dan can't come to the ladies SOTM because of the whole restraining order issue.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:36 pm

steble01 wrote:I was a little disappointed however, I figured Dan was going to come in a dress.

What about Steve or Young? We need blackmail material to convince them to have this more often.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:31 pm

badkarma wrote:

What about Steve or Young? We need blackmail material to convince them to have this more often.

No such luck........I would have definitely taken pics then. I think we were all dressed as manly as could be. Plus if me or Steve were to try passing for a lady, we would also have to magically make hair appear on our heads and shave our facial hair........not going to happen LOL.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:12 pm

MadPick wrote:

Dan can't come to the ladies SOTM because of the whole restraining order issue.

Sigh... thank god that expires in 2012...
Topic locked