Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 [CLOSED] PIF Samsung 40" LCD TV LN40A550 - Winner: Rix86! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

//EDIT//
Winner: Rix86

Giving away a 40" Samsung LCD TV Model LN40A550. Wifey said get rid of it since I'm not willing to fix it at this point. I bought this approx. 8-10 years ago. Worked perfectly as my bedroom TV, but found it easier it to buy a new one with the all the 4K tech. Comes with remote (no batteries), stand, and power cable. At some point I mounted it (removed the stand) and lost 2 of the mounting screws for the stand, but I have replaced them with longer screws, but no issues besides what is listed below.

Issue: TV powers on, displays distorted picture (green lines) and high pitched noise, power cycles a few times and works fine after that.
Fix: Replace the power supply board and/or some capacitors. It might just need a dusting/cleaning, not sure.
Here's a link to what I think the issue is: https://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/8b ... anied.html

Terms:
  1. Must be a site supporter
  2. Simply just reply to this thread to be entered
  3. Pick up in South Hill (I will not deliver it anywhere)
  4. All that I ask is that you donate some food to your local animal shelter/vet. We're all adults, I'll trust that you will.
  5. Will randomize list on the morning of 3/23 via http://www.random.org. Winner will be posted/notified by 10am-11am PST 3/23.
  6. Please pick up by 3/25, otherwise it's getting recycled.

Current Participants:
  • Captain90s
  • Rix86

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by kuga on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In. I could use a large computer monitor for work. Thx.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not in but I know that era Samsung TV had power supply issue a fee capacitors on the board would blow and cause that issue, happened to my au ts TV and they had an extended warranty for it. I was actually surprised they had someone come to the house and fix it. When I say fix not just swap out the power supply he soldered in new capacitors in the age of parts replacement.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In please. Would make a good tv for my 8 year old, I don't think he would mind a slightly distorted picture.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In please. Boy is ready for an upgrade

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:25 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Slipknot95758 wrote:
Not in but I know that era Samsung TV had power supply issue a fee capacitors on the board would blow and cause that issue, happened to my au ts TV and they had an extended warranty for it. I was actually surprised they had someone come to the house and fix it. When I say fix not just swap out the power supply he soldered in new capacitors in the age of parts replacement.

Not In

Ya, I'd check for domed or leaky caps.

I used to have the contract to maintain all of the Wyse terminals for a 45 branch library system.
What made it so profitable was I was a component level troubleshooter.
Where the previous company would swap out a board for $150, I would replace a diode and two caps for a total cost of 35 cents.
Rode around on my Harley with a butane soldering iron and some flyback transformers, transistors, diodes, caps, and 88/89 com chips.
Since they all used the same terminals, I knew what the problem was before even opening it and it took me less than 5 minutes to fix it.
And I didn't have the room to carry a dozen boards.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm gonna tap out. I'd rather it go to a kid or someone actually needing a TV.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to: Rix86!

I will PM you so we can schedule pick up!

Admin/Mod, please lock thread.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]