Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:37 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 2018 AR-15 Build for a Cause 
Author Message
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 7835
Real Name: Jaime
With the WaGuns birthday behind us, I would like to take this opportunity to build a gun for a worthy cause. My hope is that we can make a really cool rifle, generate some significant $ for a charity and show our support to others.

Here is my what we have so far.
Image
Image
As of right now, here is what we have.

Aero Lower w/ Laser engraving: Donated by Jaime and Rehv Arms
Fortis LA Stock w/ Buffer Tube: Donated by Steve(yes, the cake eater)
Spoiler: show
Image

Cerakote of Upper, Lower and Handguard to match the stock: Donated by Blown Deadline via Steve (again, the cake one)
Bearcreek Upper: Donated by Jaime
Buffer /w Spring: Donated by Jaime
2 PMAGS: Donated by Caveman Jim
AERO Barrel Nut: Donated by JCrabtree
AR Stoner LPK (basically all the small bits): Donated by Guns4Liberty
PSA complete fire control group: Donated by Guns4Liberty
Magpul MOE pistol grip (black) w/ grip screw: Donated by Guns4Liberty
Magpul MOE trigger guard (black) w/ roll pin, allen screw, & wrench: Donated by Guns4Liberty
AERO Handguard: Donated by old11bravo
Aero 18" Barrel(416R SS .223 Wylde 1/8 twist rifle length gas port) - Donated by Aero Precision USA
BCG and Bolt: Donated by Steve
Muzzle Brake: Donated by RocketScott
Crush Washer for brake: Donated by Jaime
Upper Parts Kit: Donated by Jaime
Charging handle: Donated by san
Erggo Grips: Donated by Pablo
Gas Block and rifle length gas tube: Donated by O_Kellogg

I will update this thread as donated parts become available. I'm also open to ideas. This gun will end up in one of our hands so your input is greatly appreciated.

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA


Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
User avatar
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Location: Tacoma, Washington
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014
Posts: 5716
I have left over parts from the AR raffle. You don't even need to pry them from my cold dead hands. Mostly small parts, I'll send you a pic.

_________________
BLACK HAMMER ARMS
1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms


Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 7835
Real Name: Jaime
dreadi wrote:
I have left over parts from the AR raffle. You don't even need to pry them from my cold dead hands. Mostly small parts, I'll send you a pic.

Thank you sir. I can ship you my email or send them through FB.

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA


Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lawton, OK
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011
Posts: 14581
Real Name: Chuck
I have a decent butt stock available.

_________________
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
"Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux


Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:55 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 33912
Real Name: Dan
golddigger14s wrote:
I have a decent butt stock available.


Somebody hasn’t read the build sheet in the OP. :)


Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Edmonds
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014
Posts: 6093
Real Name: Curtis
I have a new-in-package AR Stoner lower parts kit, minus the fire control group and buffer tube assembly. I wouldn't mind donating it to the cause.

I also have a brand new PSA mil-spec trigger that I installed and then removed before ever firing it (came with one of their rifle kits). It's obviously nothing special, but the price is right.

Finally, I have new/never used MagPul MOE parts (pistol grip and trigger guard) that I can throw in to complete the LPK. And I have a PSA carbine buffer and receiver end plate; I just don't have the buffer tube, spring, or castle nut.


Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:17 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 7835
Real Name: Jaime
LPK is needed. We have the stock and buffer assembly worked out. Let me know how I can get it from you. Also, thank you for your support.

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA


Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Elma
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013
Posts: 1738
Real Name: Jim Sr.
Massivedesign wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
I have a decent butt stock available.


Somebody hasn’t read the build sheet in the OP. :)


Is reading a requirement? I'm just here for the pics. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I can throw in 2 New Pmag 30 AR/M4 gen 2 magazines if needed. :bigsmile:

_________________
[b]GET OFF MY LAWN!!![/b]

If you are free to be a freedom hating progressive Liberal scuzbucket - Thank a man with a gun!!!

"You are either with us...as Americans. Or, You are against us. There is no IN BETWEEN." ???

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin


Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:01 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013
Posts: 3380
Real Name: Ron
Jaime,

I have an Aero Precision AR15 Enhanced Gen 2 M-LOK Handguard in 15" length. It's brand new but I do not have the BAR nut for it as I intended on attaching it to an enhanced M4E1 upper receiver. I'll donate the rail if you want it. Let me know.

Image

Image


Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:11 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 7835
Real Name: Jaime
old11bravo wrote:
Jaime,

I have an Aero Precision AR15 Enhanced Gen 2 M-LOK Handguard in 15" length. It's brand new but I do not have the BAR nut for it as I intended on attaching it to an enhanced M4E1 upper receiver. I'll donate the rail if you want it. Let me know.

Image

Image

Thank you for the offer. Looks familiar...

Will this work with the bear creek upper though? I thought the “e” versions only mate with the Aero Uppers? I will have to investigate a bit.

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA


Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 7835
Real Name: Jaime
Caveman Jim wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
I have a decent butt stock available.


Somebody hasn’t read the build sheet in the OP. :)


Is reading a requirement? I'm just here for the pics. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I can throw in 2 New Pmag 30 AR/M4 gen 2 magazines if needed. :bigsmile:

Reading is not a requirement which is why I put pictures. Yes, we could use some mags so the person winning this will have a good start.

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA


Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Everett
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013
Posts: 3380
Real Name: Ron
BadKarma wrote:
old11bravo wrote:
Jaime,

I have an Aero Precision AR15 Enhanced Gen 2 M-LOK Handguard in 15" length. It's brand new but I do not have the BAR nut for it as I intended on attaching it to an enhanced M4E1 upper receiver. I'll donate the rail if you want it. Let me know.


Thank you for the offer. Looks familiar...

Will this work with the bear creek upper though? I thought the “e” versions only mate with the Aero Uppers? I will have to investigate a bit.

It will work fine with a Bear creek upper but as I said, "You will need a BAR nut" to use as the barrel nut. They can be found as cheap as $20 and for as much as $40. It's here if you want it.

Here is a link to a BAR nut for sale at GRO but someone here may have one they could donate too.

https://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Aero-Precision-AR15-BAR-Barrel-Nut-APRH100268.htm

https://webyshops.com/products/aero-precision-aprh100268?variant=3739000799245

This one is $26 but I've never bought from this vendor:

http://mtandgtactical.com/areo-precision-ar15-bar-barrel-nut/

and AP:

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-bar-barrel-nut.html?avad=48247_d118bc0b1


Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016
Posts: 83
old11bravo wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
old11bravo wrote:
Jaime,

I have an Aero Precision AR15 Enhanced Gen 2 M-LOK Handguard in 15" length. It's brand new but I do not have the BAR nut for it as I intended on attaching it to an enhanced M4E1 upper receiver. I'll donate the rail if you want it. Let me know.


Thank you for the offer. Looks familiar...

Will this work with the bear creek upper though? I thought the “e” versions only mate with the Aero Uppers? I will have to investigate a bit.

It will work fine with a Bear creek upper but as I said, "You will need a BAR nut" to use as the barrel nut. They can be found as cheap as $20 and for as much as $40. It's here if you want it.

Here is a link to a BAR nut for sale at GRO but someone here may have one they could donate too.

https://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Aero-Precision-AR15-BAR-Barrel-Nut-APRH100268.htm

https://webyshops.com/products/aero-precision-aprh100268?variant=3739000799245

This one is $26 but I've never bought from this vendor:

http://mtandgtactical.com/areo-precision-ar15-bar-barrel-nut/

and AP:

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-bar-barrel-nut.html?avad=48247_d118bc0b1
I'll buy the nut if y'all want to use this handguard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:51 am
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 7835
Real Name: Jaime
old11bravo wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
old11bravo wrote:
Jaime,

I have an Aero Precision AR15 Enhanced Gen 2 M-LOK Handguard in 15" length. It's brand new but I do not have the BAR nut for it as I intended on attaching it to an enhanced M4E1 upper receiver. I'll donate the rail if you want it. Let me know.


Thank you for the offer. Looks familiar...

Will this work with the bear creek upper though? I thought the “e” versions only mate with the Aero Uppers? I will have to investigate a bit.

It will work fine with a Bear creek upper but as I said, "You will need a BAR nut" to use as the barrel nut. They can be found as cheap as $20 and for as much as $40. It's here if you want it.

Here is a link to a BAR nut for sale at GRO but someone here may have one they could donate too.

https://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Aero-Precision-AR15-BAR-Barrel-Nut-APRH100268.htm

https://webyshops.com/products/aero-precision-aprh100268?variant=3739000799245

This one is $26 but I've never bought from this vendor:

http://mtandgtactical.com/areo-precision-ar15-bar-barrel-nut/

and AP:

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-bar-barrel-nut.html?avad=48247_d118bc0b1

Then I will take it sir. looks like we have a BAR on its way too. Thank you sir for your generosity.

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA


Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Yelm
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013
Posts: 1027
Real Name: Owen
I'll get you a gas block and tube.


Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.984s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]