Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 The TWISTED PIF 2018 Revival thread. Let's try this again! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nominate Alpine for his ceaseless work defending our rights here in wa and for bringing current issues to our attention.

(BTW GFL: :thumbsup2: Glad to help. Anytime.)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I nominate Mashman cause I feel sorry for him [emoji1743]‍[emoji3603]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

-

Updated the OP nomination list as of 12/08/18 @ 13:09 (Had time to update and review all nominations for content and award extra entries).

The comments in this thread really reinforce what a close knit community we have here. I'm proud to be a part of it!

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
The comments in this thread really reinforce what a close knit community we have here. I'm proud to be a part of it!

:thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Wow . . . Ron, this is REALLY COOL. :bow:

+1. Love the PIF.

As others have mentioned, this is difficult because of narrowing it down to two WaGunners who I admire and appreciate.
Enough people have been friendly, encouraging, helpful, admirable and shared of wisdom that to narrow it down to two makes me feel like I am shortchanging the others that I think a lot of, but I'm doing it anyway.

old11bravo wrote:
]5. Each nomination that you submit must be accompanied by as little as one sentence and no more than one paragraph of text that explain why you think this member deserves to win this PIF. It could be for any reason like, “I admire this member”, or “this member helped me out”, or “this member served the community”, or “this member’s avatar is hot!”, or “this member saved my ass”, or “this member is such a dumbass I feel sorry for them”……….or any other reason you can think of.

I have to shift my criteria a little bit... I'm not going to nominate the two who I think have given their heart and soul to making this a great way for us in the pro-2A community to meet each other and BE a community: Massivedesign and MadPick. They deserve accolades like mad for their time, effort and financial support of both WaGuns and the 2A.
Seriously, they are giants. Thank you two deeply, sincerely, but you're both too big for me to nominate. I'll try to make it up to you two in other ways. :prettyeyes:

MadPick wrote:
All right, I nominate Rutilate.

Rutilate and his family spend a whole lot of time, money and effort into bringing women into the shooting community and teaching them to defend themselves. They conduct a women's basic handgun class and also host range sessions where the ladies can come shoot for fun and receive additional help/training at no charge. This helps the students, of course, but it also helps all of us as it brings more ladies into the shooting sport, and makes them supporters of our right to bear arms.

I also nominate Rutilate even though I've never met the man. MadPick's write-up and the many threads on this topic that I have read describe exactly what we in the 2A community need, but on a much larger scale. Rutilate is setting the example that I hope that many more of us will follow as our state walks boldly into a future of willingly stripping Natural and God-given Rights from We the People.

Free Boer wrote:
I nominate SnakeBit99, because he seriously deserves some thing special for every thing he's done to help people. I could likely fill a page with the good shyte he's done over the years, but I'm not up to the task of typing it all out.

snakebit99 is confirmed in my personal experience as above and beyond in the selfless and helpful categories. I've seen his generosity in occasional comments on the board, and then in PM and a day of his labor during the hottest time of the year, and in the hottest spot on the job.
Is there something more valuable than time and one's skills?

To make a list of all the others who I really want to name would risk making it look like they are not as worthy, which is not the case in my humble estimation. You know that you're welcome over for a cold beer and supper anytime.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I nominate DGM33.
He squeezed me in for a bunch of dental work on short notice before my insurance ran out. :thumbsup2:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dgeos
For being a great pastor and friend to so many and for not hesitating when action is necessary. Whether it be running out the door to do his volunteer firefighter duties as well as EMT, or taking action to stop a threat to innocent lives like he did at Walmart and then rendering immediate aid to the injured. For going beyond that and continuing to help the family of the victim. For spending so much time at the place I can’t stand (the hospital) always making sure that the people he knows are being well cared for and letting them know that he cares also.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Updated again, 12/11/18 @ 23:22. Lots of great stories! Get those nominations in before the deadline!

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Toysinthetoybox, A few years back I was in a real bind getting some non working small motors for a class I was trying to teach. He was able to hook me up with a few, which really helped get my little program off the ground.

Dave Workman, I think what he does for the gun community is amazing. He is right there in the trenches helping to preserve our rights as gun owners in America.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
Nice PIF.

I nominate mislabeled, who not only helps moderate (more than just as a mod) the flavor of the site, but also sent me some XDS mag baseplates a couple years back.

I'll have to ponder my second nominee for later.

I'll nominate Glock Girl for my second. Many on here have disagreements, but she continued to make calls to fight 594, when many others couldn't be bothered to do so.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I nominate Lunacite.

He has been a good friend and gun hobby helper. He is eloquent and would be my choice if we needed to nominate a face of gun ownership. Knowledgeable, intelligent, and well spoken. I aspire to being that capable.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bump, ends at Midnight. :wagwoot:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm nominating chevytruckman, who is a generous and all around good guy.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thank you guys who put my name in I am just now seeing this and if its not to late I would like to add

AMLEE 16V for calling me and others out for out lack of support for the 2A.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All nominations/entries have been updated and posted to the OP. The deadline has passed so this is the final list. Thread will be locked.

I want to figure out the best, most impartial method for generating a completely random winner from the list. If anyone has any ideas, please pm them to me so I can conclude the drawing. I've been racking my brain trying to figure this part out.

The best idea I can come up with is to put the entries into a list on Random.org and run the list one time and one time only but do it at a pre-designated time that will have the Random.org timestamp on it. The only problem with that is that Random.org's timestamp is in UTC which is about six hours ahead of PCT time. Secondly, the list is long and the time stamp is at the bottom of the page so I'm not sure I can screenshot the winner at the top of the list and the time stamp at the bottom of the page all in one shot.

All ideas welcomed. Please pm me.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:53 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5