Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 79 chevy 4x4 truck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a 78 or 79, something like that.

Before you get too excited...

It's been years since this truck ran.

It was driven onto my property. The engine taken out of it. Another engine put in. (Never started or ran.) And then abandoned.

I have since had it put into my name.

It has two noses. You have to take both.

At the beginning of winter a tree fell, on the back corner of the bed of the truck. Tailgate is affected But can probably be straightened. It didn't crush much of the bedside. Probably because if was so close to the corner of the bed.

Has an extra transfer case.

Had an extra transmission as well, but I haven't seen that for a while, so I am not going to guarantee that. LOL

Here are a couple pics.

As it looked just after the tree fell on it.
Attachment:
then.jpg

As it looks right now.
Attachment:
now.JPG

You will have to come here. Cut the rest of the tree off of it. Drag it out of that hole somehow, and onto your trailer.

And you'll have to take all of it. that includes both of the noses for it. (Good thing about that is a mix-n-match to get the least cancer. That's why there's two noses.)

I have clean title to it, and will sign it over to you, and keep the seller's report with your info on it.

If I can't find the title before you get here, I will go with you to the dmv in monroe, and sign it over, there. They don't need a title or bill of sale, if I am there in person. (They know me. But wouldn't need it anyway.)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How much for the Studebaker?

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Free Boer wrote:
How much for the Studebaker?

Those aren't mine. That's the neighbors stuff. (Across the road.)

I think he wants fort knox and your left noogie in exchange for that...

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

6 or 8 lug? auto or stick?

Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
6 or 8 lug? auto or stick?

6 lug Auto. 1/2 ton

Do justice. Love mercy.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bump.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://i.imgur.com/VmwVJRR.mp4

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/VmwVJRR.mp4

Not like that at all.

The only damage from that tree is to the bed. And that damage wouldn't keep it from being a worker/farm truck.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:42 am
FFL / Dealer

let me clear it with the wife I may be all over this.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The509busman wrote:
let me clear it with the wife I may be all over this.

:thumbsup2:

~~~~~~~

Some other details. I've gotten a couple of PMs asking for some of this information...

Been sitting for maybe ten years. Never has been started or run, on the replacement engine. What it had was a 350. What is there now is an inline 6 from a 2 ton truck. (TORQUE!!! And better gas mileage.)

It was driven onto my property. The engine was barely running. They replaced the engine with the inline 6. Then abandoned it. I have since, put it in my name. Clear title. (Got to find the title, or go with you to whitman's in monroe. Plenty happy to do that for you. And your schedule is my schedule.) Reason the truck is still sitting here, instead of going for scrap a long time ago, is because it would be such a waste to scrap a 4x4 chevy of that vintage. I wanted to someday restore it, myself.

6 lug wheels.

th350 trans. Possible extra trans, but I haven't seen that thing in a while. It's possible a tweaker carried it off.

Extra transfer case.

Inside is intact. (Was the last time I had it open. LOL Might be mice in there now, so who knows.)

Some damage from the tree that you can see in the pics.

And that tree is still there. The first one to show up and help cut what's left of the tree up, and get the truck out of that space, gets the truck.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You got any running cars/trucks you want to sell or PIF?

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SFCRMSA wrote:
You got any running cars/trucks you want to sell or PIF?

No. Sorry.

I have a running Camry, and a running diesel f250. I have specific uses for both. Can't do without either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way, I have located the extra transmission for this truck. E400 or whatever those are. About the size of a TH350. But one of the first to be electronic.

Both the extra trans and the extra transfer case are likely only good for cores, but you never know...

Do justice. Love mercy.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]