Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 PIF: Thetford Porta Potti 735 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We took this out of our boat years ago because it was a little short for me to comfortably use with my bad knees, and it leaks a tiny bit around the piston pump assembly (part #2 in the diagram below). The leak is mostly inconsequential, but wanted to point it out to anyone who's interested. While we had it on the boat, we loosely wrapped a microfiber towel around the piston pump flush assembly to absorb the drips and didn't worry about it. We've since replaced it with another, taller porta potti (Fiama Bi-Pot, great shitter for the boat with more than twice the capacity of the Thetford, and much easier on my now-replaced knees). There's a chip out of the lower rim (just below the logo in the picture below, right under the piston pump, it's cosmetic only and doesn't affect the functionality in any way at all). There's also storage for a bottle of enzymes to break down the waste underneath the fresh water storage tank. I tested it today by filling it up from the hose, the waste gauge still works properly (front right in the picture below, and something my new one doesn't have). Similar ones to the Thetford go for about $120 - $170 online.

It's clean, as in I cleaned it really well before putting it into storage with soap and bleach, no smells, a bit of discoloration on the gasketed seal between the upper (fresh water) and lower (shit & piss water) tanks, but it's a 1997 Porta Potti, what do you expect? I kept it thinking we might use it for camping or something, but we never have, it's been sitting under a work bench in my garage since about 2008 or so, and it's time for it to move along. Comes with the hold down kit shown off to the side of the photo below so you can mount it in your boat or RV.

If there's interest, I'll let the PIF run till next weekend.

Porch pick up in Duvall, or FTF in Bellevue / Redmond area during the week.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]