Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:28 am

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 WTT 172 Pieces Mixed Once Fired (by me) 223 Polished Brass 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are 172 pieces of once fired 223 brass with mixed head stamps that I shot and collected from my range trips. I don't load for 223 yet but thoroughly enjoy cleaning them anyway in my Thumlers Tumbler. These were all de-capped before I wet tumbled them so the primer pockets will be clean. I really am amazed at the amazing results I get wet tumbling my brass.

I have absolutely no idea on the value of brass in this caliber and condition but I would be happy to trade it to someone that can use it in return for something I can use.

I am currently loading .308 Winchester and .224 Valkyrie ammunition for my needs so if you have any components related to these calibers we may be able to work something out. There are many other reloading bits and ends I'd probably trade for so don't hesitate to ask.

I am so impressed with the results of wet tumbling that I wanted to include these before pictures of the brass I'm offering along with the pictures of the finished product. What you see is what you'll get. Please shoot me a PM if we can deal I'm in Everett.

BEFORE:

and AFTER:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is your process to get them that shiny?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
What is your process to get them that shiny?

Well I wish I could tell you I was smarter than the average bear or that I had some secret trick but I'm not and I don't.

I think the magic lies in using the wet tumbler with the stainless steel pin media. I run what I would consider medium size batches of brass because I'm sure the tumbler has the capacity to run more than I'm putting through it.

I stole the 1/8 cup measure from my wife's kitchen drawer because it looked about the right size for my needs. I measure three scoops of the car wash liquid pictured below from the 1/8 cup measure and dump those into the loaded tumbler then pour a thumb nail size little pile of the Lemi-Shine into the palm of my hand and toss it into the mix as well. Then I secure the lid and run the unit for three hours. I have a Thumlers Tumbler and a Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler that both use stainless steel pin media and both produce equally amazing shiny brass.

It's so fun to see the results that as you can see from this sale, I'm tumbling brass in calibers I don't even load yet.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]