Switch to full style
Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Post a reply

Locking some old, old thread in some forums.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:49 pm

There are some really old threads that get resurrected. I know I sometimes do it usually when I'm not paying as close attention as I should!

For a couple of the forum sub-forums. Seems like it would make sense to lock the thread after 2-3 years. I know the classifieds drop off which keeps them cleaned up better than some other forums. But there are some others that it might not be a bad idea.

I'm not thinking there should be a blanket provision for this but maybe a review by the mods for relevancy and go ahead and lock it. Most of us know we can ask for it to be unlocked anyway.

Anyway, some random thoughts....

Re: Locking some old, old thread in some forums.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:04 pm

It doesn't happen very often. The labor it would take us to verify a thread gets locked down after "x" many days of inactivity is much higher than just teasing the people who necro posts once or twice a year.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Massivedesign wrote:It doesn't happen very often. The labor it would take us to verify a thread gets locked down after "x" many days of inactivity is much higher than just teasing the people who necro posts once or twice a year.

:cussing:
Sometimes the topic is still relevant!

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:06 pm

PMB wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:It doesn't happen very often. The labor it would take us to verify a thread gets locked down after "x" many days of inactivity is much higher than just teasing the people who necro posts once or twice a year.

This. :bow:

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:12 pm

PMB wrote:

And if it's not, I MAKE it relevant! :wink05: :bigsmile:

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:07 pm

I lean the other way, a bit...I wish older threads were easier to find.

I, and many others, have had trouble using the search feature effectively, and have had to start a redundant thread in an effort to get some info we remembered reading about...

I've even had mod help, and they couldn't locate things....

I just wish phpBB's search feature was more effective.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:19 pm

NWGunner wrote:I lean the other way, a bit...I wish older threads were easier to find.

I, and many others, have had trouble using the search feature effectively, and have had to start a redundant thread in an effort to get some info we remembered reading about...

I've even had mod help, and they couldn't locate things....

I just wish phpBB's search feature was more effective.

:zombie: :zombie: :plusone:
Post a reply