Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 No email updates 

I have not been getting any of my normal email notifications for threads and forums that I have subscribed to since the site crash happened. I have picked a few of the high traffice threads, unsubscribed from them, then resubscribed and still don't get anything. Also they have not been showing up in my email junk folder.

Any other steps I should take on my end?

Sun May 24, 2020 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got two e-mails notifiying me of PMs this morning.
Compaired times stamps of when the forum said they were written and when I rec'd the e-mail:
Two minutes later I got the e-mail.
No problems for me!

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Sun May 24, 2020 8:45 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I’ll look at the server logs tonight to see if they are bouncing. The mail server is working fine though, so my only guess is that a spam filter is catching it somewhere down the line.

Sun May 24, 2020 9:10 am
Profile WWW

Let me know what you find because I'm still not getting anything come through, not even in the spam box.

Tue May 26, 2020 8:55 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Schoolboy wrote:
Let me know what you find because I'm still not getting anything come through, not even in the spam box.

Event: failure error
Sender User: waguns
Sender Domain: waguns.org
From Address: waguns@server1.waguns.org
Sender: webmaster@WaGuns.org
Sent Time: May 24, 2020, 6:58:18 PM
Sender Host: localhost
Sender IP: 127.0.0.1
Authentication: *******
Spam Score: 0
Recipient: *******@hotmail.com
Delivered To:
Delivery User: -system-
Delivery Domain:
Router: dkim_lookuphost
Transport: dkim_remote_smtp
Out Time: May 24, 2020, 6:58:18 PM
ID: 1jd2NQ-000AJD-E0
Delivery Host: hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com
Delivery IP: 104.47.58.33
Size: 1.73 KB
Result: SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL FROM:<waguns@server1.waguns.org> SIZE=2838: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [209.217.240.6] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [DM6NAM10FT017.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Looks like your hotmail account doesn't like us... It shows a spam score of 0 (trustworthy) You may need to whitelist *@WaGuns.org and *@server1.waguns.org

Tue May 26, 2020 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so you're supposed to add those addy's to the safe list? Just as typed? With the asterisk?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue May 26, 2020 10:56 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Mine works fine. Have it set to only send email notifications when I get a PM, and it does.
Just checked. Have about 20 PM notifications in the past 3-4 days.
But it goes to a yahoo email account I very rarely use so I don't even know why I have notifications on.
If I'm on the hunt for a gun or something, it's easier to just hit refresh on here.

Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
so you're supposed to add those addy's to the safe list? Just as typed? With the asterisk?

bump

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Tue May 26, 2020 12:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

jukk0u wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

bump

it's however hotmail wants you to do it. Live.com is bouncing SOMETIMES as well, but not outlook.com. The * is called a wildcard. if hotmail/msoft will allow a wildcard, use it.

Tue May 26, 2020 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo has been getting emails so the system is working...............prohint: some email providers suck and there is no way around that. I gave up on wave, I had to set up a dedicated server. .CIA or was it the state department? What difference does it make anyway?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue May 26, 2020 1:05 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Update. I reached out to JPC (our host) and sent them our error logs and told them to fix it on their end. This was their response.
Quote:
Since the IP 209.217.240.6 was found to be listed in Microsoft, I have e-mailed them to get the IP removed from the blacklist. They will move forward with delisting the IP upon reviewing the request. I request you to patiently wait for the delisting action to be accomplished from their end.

While I knew it was being blacklisted already, it will get resolved quicker coming from a host rather than a VPS domain.

Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 am
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:
Update. I reached out to JPC (our host) and sent them our error logs and told them to fix it on their end. This was their response.
Quote:
Since the IP 209.217.240.6 was found to be listed in Microsoft, I have e-mailed them to get the IP removed from the blacklist. They will move forward with delisting the IP upon reviewing the request. I request you to patiently wait for the delisting action to be accomplished from their end.

While I knew it was being blacklisted already, it will get resolved quicker coming from a host rather than a VPS domain.

Sorry for the delay on my end but I've been in the shit literally since the septic line failed and had to dig new ditch..... But I just went and added webmaster@waguns.org to my safe list then I created a contact for *@WaGuns.org and *@server1.waguns.org.

I'll let you know if anything comes through on my end.

Sat May 30, 2020 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Schoolboy wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Quote:

Sorry for the delay on my end but I've been in the shit literally since the septic line failed and had to dig new ditch..... But I just went and added webmaster@waguns.org to my safe list then I created a contact for *@WaGuns.org and *@server1.waguns.org.

I'll let you know if anything comes through on my end.

Didn't work for me.

FJB

Sat May 30, 2020 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Email notifications are like 7 hours behind now.............suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper slow

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun May 31, 2020 6:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wanted you all to know that we are still working on this. All emails to hotmail, outlook.com, live, msn etc are continuing to bounce back and the automated responses from MS have been less than informational or helpful. Our host and I are applying some additional pressure from each end to get it resolved.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next