Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Changes to the Buy/Sell, Possible thoughts.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Without making it too much extra work for the Mods.
What about adding someway to flag or request to close a listed item of a mod when the OP never bothered?
This seems especially prevalent in the Free stuff forum and occasionally in the for sale.
I dislike opening a thread to look at something only to read down and find it was already sold.

thanks for all you do to keep it cleaned up as it is but would be nice to have those sold listing drop from the pages quicker.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

there already is

! at your bottom right, send it in.

I've done several

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm a little torn on this one.

Yes, it's nice to keep the forum clean and you can do that by clicking "report post." it will also help immensely if you bump the thread AS WELL AS report it, so it floats to the top.

However, every thread that gets reported takes a few mouse clicks to close the report, so I really don't want folks to report every sold thread. I guess if you see one that's been sold for a while and has obviously been neglected, you can do it . . . .

We have the forum set up to auto-delete any classified thread that hasn't been bumped in the last 30 days, plus we actively delete anything that we see that's sold, so theoretically things shouldn't be getting TOO cluttered.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a tough one and agree with MadPick (shocker I know)... :cheers2:

To make it really work... it takes people to do their part. But when you have a lot of 1 posting - just to sell or buy... they don't learn the "ropes" enough to really make it smooth for everyone.

To keep it absolutely clean - takes work. Takes people to actually go into almost every post to check and re-check and re-check on a "regular" basis. I loved deleting for sale items back in the day... but I had lots of down time at work and so I had lots of time to browse almost 2-5 times an hour...

The admins, mods and volunteers of this site do their best but it's a free site. There isn't someone on 24/7 (but it sometimes it is...) but when the admins, mods are on... they are typically focused on keeping some folks from getting out of hand. :rofl9:

For those that want to help... and really want to bug a mod... PM them with a link :thumbsup2:

:peep:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"We have the forum set up to auto-delete any classified thread that hasn't been bumped in the last 30 days"

now if they'd only do it for deals and pif's could clean up alo of clutter

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:40 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ops wrote:
"We have the forum set up to auto-delete any classified thread that hasn't been bumped in the last 30 days"

now if they'd only do it for deals and pif's could clean up alo of clutter

But we don't... It's nice to be able to see previous deals. A lot of times the resurrect the deal, so it's easy to bump the post. As far as the PIF's. why would we want to prune away a forum showing how generous our members are? We don't.

Now, if we could only get Ops to properly create a thread title in Deals... That would be a miracle.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]