Switch to full style
Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Topic locked

Seperate Thread for Vendor Classifieds

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:03 am

Just a suggestion, there should be a separate classified thread for private sellers and vendors/shops to post their items for sale. Not trying to knock anyone or shop, but private sellers trying to sell their firearms or equipment for whatever personal reason, get bumped down and out when vendors/shops post multiple sales post. I just think it would make it things fair for all members and vendors. :trainwreck:

Re: Seperate Thread for Vendor Classifieds

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Yeah, I hear you.

This has been discussed before, and I've seen different approaches taken on different forums.

I think what we're going to try is asking people (both individuals and vendors, though it will mostly affect vendors) to limit the number of for-sale threads. Right now I'm thinking that if someone has more than six for sale threads, they should be consolidating them. For example, put all the pistols in one thread, all the ammo in one thread, or whatever, in order to get down to six or fewer threads.

I don't really want to discriminate between vendors and private sellers, as I think the vendor threads bring some interest to the forum as well.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Plus, while 'technically' vendors, a good many of them are just guys that were members here that are actually just 'kitchen table ffls', and then some maybe, eventually got a storefront.

Many of these are the same guys that wil see some deal posted here about Glock, S&W, or whomever, and then share with us that it isn't such a great deal, and wait a month and you can get the same deal with two extra mags or something.

Individuals also tend to bump their sales more frequently, so you just have to keep checking back :thumbsup2:

Oh, and I missed your intro somewhere, welcome to the forum! :cheers2:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:18 am

Makes sense. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Just a thought. Thank for the welcome. I enjoy this forum.

:patriot:

Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:35 pm

You're good :cheers2:

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 am

Well to make it fair everyone should than have 1 post per section for all their forsale items than

and forum threads show 25 per category the most I have seen a vendor post is 6-7 which doesn't flood the forum. and they have the same rules 48 hours before bumping.

it only is a issue for people that click view new posts instead of actually clicking forums they go to. especially when view new posts has less threads than a normal forum.

clicking next page must be hard for some people.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 am

Yep, clicking next is hard. Just like posting pictures of the correct size is hard for some :peep: :ROFLMAO: :party1:

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:59 am

We feel this issue has been addressed with the addition of Rule #12 in the The Big Info & Rules Thread -- PLEASE READ
Topic locked