Switch to full style
Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Post a reply

Re: WaGuns site stability + the future

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:58 pm

Have you looked into a cloud-based solution like Azure or AWS? PaaS offerings give you pretty good “hands off” and a web server can’t be too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:14 pm

We have and the cost would be a tad cheaper, but can cost much more as we continue to grow. The Plan we are looking at should be sufficient for many years. PLUS it has a huge hard drive, so we can be a little more lax on people uploading photos.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Hillary's servers were kept in a bathroom. How many bathrooms do you guys have???

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:42 pm

sinus211 wrote:Hillary's servers were kept in a bathroom. How many bathrooms do you guys have???

Mike wins the thread! :ROFLMAO:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:31 pm

It’s the damn Christmas lights, isn’t it?

All this is beyond me so I trust you guys to make the best choice.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 pm

RocketScott wrote:It’s the damn Christmas lights, isn’t it?

All this is beyond me so I trust you guys to make the best choice.

Don't you go touching my Christmas lights! It is therapeutic making them blow up.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Massivedesign wrote:We have and the cost would be a tad cheaper, but can cost much more as we continue to grow. The Plan we are looking at should be sufficient for many years. PLUS it has a huge hard drive, so we can be a little more lax on people uploading photos.

Does this mean we can add a script to automatically re-host anything on photobucket? Because ew, photobucket.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:44 am

.... good times

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 am

I really want to give a big thank-you to Dan and Steve for keeping this place going. It's an invaluable community outreach tool, social site and refuge for decent folks in a sea of anti-gun hostility known as western WA.

I will chip in some more. I challenge everyone else here who can to do the same.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am

We have gotten quite a few donations over the last few days. Thank you all for your support.

PLEASE, put those donations to use and get in on the PMB PIF that’s mentioned in the OP. Get a chance to get some free shit!

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:21 am

sinus211 wrote:Hillary's servers were kept in a bathroom. How many bathrooms do you guys have???

Eating cake in a bathroom just sounds wrong............... :wink05:

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:34 am

Classic wrote:

Eating cake in a bathroom just sounds wrong............... :wink05:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:36 am

We purchased the new VPS yesterday. I'll be reaching out to their support team to talk about data migration shortly.... Time to stop the bleeding.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:22 pm

Massivedesign wrote:We purchased the new VPS yesterday. I'll be reaching out to their support team to talk about data migration shortly.... Time to stop the bleeding.

That's excellent news!! Looking forward to the future!!

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:54 pm

have yearly memberships for 5.00 for members.

jan 1 - dec 31

everyone resets the 1st of the year
Post a reply