Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Should we get some gear to a "celebrity"? 

Should we get a shirt made and present it to Danny Bonduce?
Yes. 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
No. 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Other Wagu gear (must specify in a reply) 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Should we get some gear to a "celebrity"? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Danny Bonaduce is a morning radio host on 102.5 KZOK. For those of you who don't know the station they play classic rock.

He is doing a happy hour tour of all the cities in the state. This week he will be in Tukwilla.

http://events.kzok.cbslocal.com/seattle_wa/events/happy-hour-tour-danny-bonaduce-/E0-001-049529722-9

Should we get a shirt made for him with his name on it and maybe the owners and admins can try to present it to him at one of these events? I am assuming he is a medium but Just to be sure it fits, probably a large. It would suck if it were too small. Maybe Wikipedia has his height and we can guess the appropriate size.

First off, you think this is a good idea?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hat
Boxing gloves.
face mask

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

never_to_much wrote:
hat

I knew this would be the first option.

I thought shirt because I don't think he is a hat guy. I am hoping it's something he will wear and if he's not a hat guy it will just sit at his house, but let's get a good discussion going about this.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Would be rad to get him to a range before Happy Hour....

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
Would be rad to get him to a range before Happy Hour....

It would be even AWESOMER to get him to the big group shoot in August.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dude used to work out. Might be an XL, but that was a long time ago....

Is he pro-gun? Hate to give it to some asshole who will turn it down, or burn it afterwards......

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SIG556 wrote:
Dude used to work out. Might be an XL, but that was a long time ago....

Is he pro-gun? Hate to give it to some asshole who will turn it down, or burn it afterwards......

He is tough to read especially because he has to cater to such a wide audience.

Honestly, I was just trying to think about his past to see if he can even legally own or possess a gun. He is on a classic rock station, likes motorcycles, especially Harley Davidsons, I cant imagine him being anti-gun. If he isn't pro-gun then the closest I can't imagine him being is on the fence as far as guns go.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Since it is radio maybe we can find someone who does TV or sports if it is a celebrity. I personally think public officials and our own gun rights journelists should be our focus. Danny is not a role model that WaGu is about. Gun Rights. Gun Safety. Personel and Family protection. Legal gun purchases. None of them scream Danny Douche.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

badkarma wrote:
Since it is radio maybe we can find someone who does TV or sports if it is a celebrity. I personally think public officials and our own gun rights journelists should be our focus. Danny is not a role model that WaGu is about. Gun Rights. Gun Safety. Personel and Family protection. Legal gun purchases. None of them scream Danny Douche.

He has changed his life around quite a bit. He hosts a segment called "Danny Bonaduce: Life-coach" and offers good advice. Much of it is aimed at personal responsibility. It was a thought. Maybe we can find a different celeb. I just thought him because I listen to the radio show daily and he is in the area, and because he isnt an uber huge star it would be very possible to actually do a meet and greet with him. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know his politics, and really don't care to. I've considered him a douchebag for a long time and can't stand listening to him on the radio. "Celebrities" who do C-grade movies for SciFi (Bigfoot with Greg from the Brady Bunch this year, was so bad it was funny, my wife & I skimmed through the 2 hour movie in about 15 minutes on DVR just to see the stuff that was filmed here in our area), are low grade DJ's, and has been TV stars probably aren't who we'd want representing WGO.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
I don't know his politics, and really don't care to. I've considered him a douchebag for a long time and can't stand listening to him on the radio. "Celebrities" who do C-grade movies for SciFi (Bigfoot with Greg from the Brady Bunch this year, was so bad it was funny, my wife & I skimmed through the 2 hour movie in about 15 minutes on DVR just to see the stuff that was filmed here in our area), are low grade DJ's, and has been TV stars probably aren't who we'd want representing WGO.

Ted Nugent, Charleton Heston, and Clint Eastwood were unavailable for comment. (stick poke)

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:51 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I agree though. We should find a celeb who would sport some swag. How about Caleb or a gun range staff or a gun club? Talk to their leadership/owners and see if we can get placement at key events. Or even donate some time to an event that we can wear the swag. Just a thought.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly, the only guy I could think of honoring with anything WGO-related would be Dave Workman.

That dude is a fucking stud.

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

You guys find em... We'll schwag em.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I believe Danny was shot before by he ex wife or supposed to be wife at least that's what he was talking about on the radio a while ago...

so I am not all sure if he would be pro or anti gun should have a Bio of him online some where I doubt he is a hunter.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next