Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:31 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Put a direct link to WaGuns on the SGN farewell page 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 3676
Real Name: David
I was just looking at the SGN page, and wondered why there's no link to WaGuns right in the message? There's WaGuns.org, but it's not been made into a link. Make it easy for people to find their way over here.

_________________
David
Unique Treen
Image


Last edited by delliottg on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Duvall
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Posts: 7705
Real Name: Jaime
it is in there.
Attachment:
Capture.JPG


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Consider donating to:
WAGUNS
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA


Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: I-5 /512
Joined: Thu Dec 8, 2011
Posts: 12544
Real Name: chris
second...there is

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:48 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 3676
Real Name: David
This is what I see when I use my shortcut to it on the Chrome navigation page. If I then click on the SGN logo, I get taken to the page you linked to Jaime. My point is, all points of entry to SGN, should point to the page you screen shot, not the one I did, or at a minimum, make the text in the one I get a link to make it easy to get here. A fair number of the folks using these sites aren't too technically savvy, so make it easy to navigate where you want them to go. Otherwise they have to know to cut & paste, or type the address in the navigation bar, a skill they may not possess.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
David
Unique Treen
Image


Last edited by delliottg on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 4906
Real Name: Steve
I bet they're gonna tell you to clear your cache :thumbsup2:


Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:11 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 33454
Real Name: Dan
We have re-directed most of the SGN URL's to WaGuns. There are still a few that do remain though (mainly so we can still get access). I added the URL now on that banner that you are seeing David, but.... It's not hotlinked, because, well. vBulletin is shit.


Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 3676
Real Name: David
NWGunner wrote:
I bet they're gonna tell you to clear your cache :thumbsup2:


Another skill that I don't expect some of our users to have. Make it easy, one click and they're here.

_________________
David
Unique Treen
Image


Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 3676
Real Name: David
Massivedesign wrote:
We have re-directed most of the SGN URL's to WaGuns. There are still a few that do remain though (mainly so we can still get access). I added the URL now on that banner that you are seeing David, but.... It's not hotlinked, because, well. vBulletin is shit.


Do you have sufficient access to simply redirect at the root level? Then all of this is moot.

_________________
David
Unique Treen
Image


Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Olympia, WA
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 33454
Real Name: Dan
delliottg wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
We have re-directed most of the SGN URL's to WaGuns. There are still a few that do remain though (mainly so we can still get access). I added the URL now on that banner that you are seeing David, but.... It's not hotlinked, because, well. vBulletin is shit.


Do you have sufficient access to simply redirect at the root level? Then all of this is moot.


Yes, but we don't want a wildcard redirect. We are wanting to play with the site in a non sandbox environment.

For 99% of the users of SGN, or those that remained, we have redirected the common *.php URL's.


Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 3676
Real Name: David
Massivedesign wrote:
delliottg wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
We have re-directed most of the SGN URL's to WaGuns. There are still a few that do remain though (mainly so we can still get access). I added the URL now on that banner that you are seeing David, but.... It's not hotlinked, because, well. vBulletin is shit.


Do you have sufficient access to simply redirect at the root level? Then all of this is moot.


Yes, but we don't want a wildcard redirect. We are wanting to play with the site in a non sandbox environment.

For 99% of the users of SGN, or those that remained, we have redirected the common *.php URL's.


That's understandable.

_________________
David
Unique Treen
Image


Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.700s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]