Switch to full style
Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Post a reply

Put a direct link to WaGuns on the SGN farewell page

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 am

I was just looking at the SGN page, and wondered why there's no link to WaGuns right in the message? There's WaGuns.org, but it's not been made into a link. Make it easy for people to find their way over here.
Last edited by delliottg on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Put a direct link to WaGuns on the SGN farewell page

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 am

it is in there.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:48 am

second...there is

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:09 am

This is what I see when I use my shortcut to it on the Chrome navigation page. If I then click on the SGN logo, I get taken to the page you linked to Jaime. My point is, all points of entry to SGN, should point to the page you screen shot, not the one I did, or at a minimum, make the text in the one I get a link to make it easy to get here. A fair number of the folks using these sites aren't too technically savvy, so make it easy to navigate where you want them to go. Otherwise they have to know to cut & paste, or type the address in the navigation bar, a skill they may not possess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by delliottg on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:11 am

I bet they're gonna tell you to clear your cache :thumbsup2:

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 am

We have re-directed most of the SGN URL's to WaGuns. There are still a few that do remain though (mainly so we can still get access). I added the URL now on that banner that you are seeing David, but.... It's not hotlinked, because, well. vBulletin is shit.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:16 am

NWGunner wrote:I bet they're gonna tell you to clear your cache :thumbsup2:

Another skill that I don't expect some of our users to have. Make it easy, one click and they're here.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:17 am

Massivedesign wrote:We have re-directed most of the SGN URL's to WaGuns. There are still a few that do remain though (mainly so we can still get access). I added the URL now on that banner that you are seeing David, but.... It's not hotlinked, because, well. vBulletin is shit.

Do you have sufficient access to simply redirect at the root level? Then all of this is moot.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:29 am

delliottg wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:We have re-directed most of the SGN URL's to WaGuns. There are still a few that do remain though (mainly so we can still get access). I added the URL now on that banner that you are seeing David, but.... It's not hotlinked, because, well. vBulletin is shit.

Do you have sufficient access to simply redirect at the root level? Then all of this is moot.

Yes, but we don't want a wildcard redirect. We are wanting to play with the site in a non sandbox environment.

For 99% of the users of SGN, or those that remained, we have redirected the common *.php URL's.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:31 am

Massivedesign wrote:
delliottg wrote:

Yes, but we don't want a wildcard redirect. We are wanting to play with the site in a non sandbox environment.

For 99% of the users of SGN, or those that remained, we have redirected the common *.php URL's.

That's understandable.
Post a reply