Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Not receiving thread update emails...... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MyNameIs940 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
They service Kirkland?

I put in for them to come out and look I guess it says. They’re based out of kirkland so why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think, right??

City contract, by city contract.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:41 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Pablo wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
Pablo wrote:
What a mess. Not being fixed.............arggggg

I’ve been a customer for years but I will never use Wave’s email. Have you heard of Outlook?

Outlook is email software. I use Thunderbird. I am using a different email address and it is working now.

Outlook.com is also email service. Not just a program.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
Pablo wrote:
What a mess. Not being fixed.............arggggg

I’ve been a customer for years but I will never use Wave’s email. Have you heard of Outlook?

Outlook is email software. I use Thunderbird. I am using a different email address and it is working now.

Outlook.com is also email service. Not just a program.

It's free too. May try it if wave can't figure it out. I told them to whitelist this site, but they say the site is throwing extra garbage in the header or something else their algorithm snags on.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They keep asking for: the header from the bounce back email they received, the full text of the bounce back email they received, and the full text of the email that generated the bounce back message.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

And there lays the problem. I don't have a bounced email from you. All I have is the server error saying wave marked it as spam, and you saying you are not getting emails.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
And there lays the problem. I don't have a bounced email from you. All I have is the server error saying wave marked it as spam, and you saying you are not getting emails.

Ideas. I'm open to them.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Ideas. I'm open to them.

Bush's beans cans and a string.

If'n ya want ta get real fancy, put shirt buttons on the ends of the string, inside the cans.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Ideas. I'm open to them.

log on to WAGuns
click "View your posts" ?

i personally hate receiving thread updates as it is distracting as hell between work emails, personal emails (bunch of spam) when my phone keeps beeping all day long, and especially if it's replies to old threads that i may have no big interest in right away. i prefer to just log on,when i have time, hit the "view your posts" and pick and choose what i want to read first. so i have everything but PM notifications turned off :thumbsup2:

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:plusone:

This came up recently, and I posted then that I start with "view active topics", to see what's currently being discussed (and if you log in once a day, this will be relatively short, 1or 2 pages...), and then check "view your posts", which again is only a page or so....

Between those two, you'll pretty much catch everything.....if you posted to follow a thread, every time a new post hits, it will show in the 'view your posts' with a check mark beside it...

You avoid adding email volume, so when you want to deal with the Forum, it's an isolated gig; with all your businesses, I would think that's a plus.

But these are just suggestions...I get how you want shit you paid for, to work like it should, and shit that's advertised, to perform as such.

But that ISP, no matter how you slice it, is not very popular in online reviews.

Good luck, hope you get it ironed-out :thumbsup2:

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Ideas. I'm open to them.

log on to WAGuns
click "View your posts" ?

i personally hate receiving thread updates as it is distracting as hell between work emails, personal emails (bunch of spam) when my phone keeps beeping all day long, and especially if it's replies to old threads that i may have no big interest in right away. i prefer to just log on,when i have time, hit the "view your posts" and pick and choose what i want to read first. so i have everything but PM notifications turned off :thumbsup2:

That's what I was doing basically since Saturday. I do like PM notifications, which of course I can't receive at the email address. Thanks.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
:plusone:

This came up recently, and I posted then that I start with "view active topics", to see what's currently being discussed (and if you log in once a day, this will be relatively short, 1or 2 pages...), and then check "view your posts", which again is only a page or so....

Between those two, you'll pretty much catch everything.....if you posted to follow a thread, every time a new post hits, it will show in the 'view your posts' with a check mark beside it...

You avoid adding email volume, so when you want to deal with the Forum, it's an isolated gig; with all your businesses, I would think that's a plus.

But these are just suggestions...I get how you want shit you paid for, to work like it should, and shit that's advertised, to perform as such.

But that ISP, no matter how you slice it, is not very popular in online reviews.

Good luck, hope you get it ironed-out :thumbsup2:

Again that is what I was doing, but it's a 5 clicks v. 1 click. I know it's free, and it's tiny in the scheme of things. I just receive the email in my personal email box, click and read/respond. Hey, yeah I have to delete the email. It's a real pain on my phone when I don't get the email - a bunch of steps. I don't even bother, and that's probably the main thing. My work and my businesses are separate email addresses. Super easy in Thunderbird to have a mess of mailboxes for different email addresses. Thanks.

Oh, about Yelp those are some of the complaints and more we had with Wave earlier here in Duvall. But we really have no other cable option. Now plenty speedy and the only down time is when power goes out - they ACTUALLY listened to us. Odd with those complaints, most are about getting through to CS. That part is easy. They are just not getting that there are no bounced emails to send them....and that was what I was asking for ideas on.

Thanks DAN and WAGUNS. Obviously a GREAT site that I am addicted to. I will get this solved myself, I am sorry for pestering you!

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:36 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Ideas. I'm open to them.

Create another NON-WAVE email account from a free provider (google, outlook.com etc). Set your WaGuns account to associate with that new email address. From there, you have 2 choices.

1) You can then direct that new email address to forward ALL email to your wave account.
2) Start using the new email address and ditch wave like it's AOL.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

Ideas. I'm open to them.

Create another NON-WAVE email account from a free provider (google, outlook.com etc). Set your WaGuns account to associate with that new email address. From there, you have 2 choices.

1) You can then direct that new email address to forward ALL email to your wave account.
2) Start using the new email address and ditch wave like it's AOL.

Creative thinking. I love it. For a little while just gonna go with the Sickbikeparts.com email and of course it's working like a waguns mod!

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:
....and of course it's working like a waguns mod!

So, it's not working yet? :rofl9:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:
....and of course it's working like a waguns mod!

So, it's not working yet? :rofl9:

It works in.......spurts..... :bigsmile:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next