Switch to full style
Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Post a reply

Classified WTB Section

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:28 pm

I thought there used to be a WTB section? Seems like I frequently open WTB ads in the classifieds section hoping it is an item listed for sale.

Maybe we could have a dedicated WTB section.

Just food for thought. I must admit I live for this forum and mainly reside in the classifieds section. Apologies if this has been brought up numerous time before.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Classified WTB Section

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Toxxic wrote:I thought there used to be a WTB section? Seems like I frequently open WTB ads in the classifieds section hoping it is an item listed for sale.

Just food for thought. I must admit I live for this forum and mainly reside in the classifieds section. Apologies if this has been brought up numerous time before.

Thanks,

Tim

I think I know the answer to this :thumbsup2:

There is a Want To Buy/Sell/Trade section, linked below.

All are together, partly because, you might be ready to post a WTB thread, and see it already for sale...

The other is, as the mods have stated many times, the more dispersed threads are, the less eyes see it.

So, you might be looking to sell an item because you might want to clear out a safe, but then you see a WTB of something else, and you might just decide to sell that instead.

So, it's a minor sacrifice of individual convenience, for the greater exposure, to the greatest potential buyer/seller.

That's my take, though I'm not a mod, and they don't even like me :bigsmile:

Edited to add link:

viewforum.php?f=7

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:25 pm

NWGunner wrote:
Toxxic wrote:I thought there used to be a WTB section? Seems like I frequently open WTB ads in the classifieds section hoping it is an item listed for sale.

Thanks,

Tim

I think I know the answer to this :thumbsup2:

There is a Want To Buy/Sell/Trade section, linked below.

All are together, partly because, you might be ready to post a WTB thread, and see it already for sale...

The other is, as the mods have stated many times, the more dispersed threads are, the less eyes see it.

So, you might be looking to sell an item because you might want to clear out a safe, but then you see a WTB of something else, and you might just decide to sell that instead.

So, it's a minor sacrifice of individual convenience, for the greater exposure, to the greatest potential buyer/seller.

That's my take, though I'm not a mod, and they don't even like me :bigsmile:

Edited to add link:

https://waguns.org/viewforum.php?f=7

Correct. Which is why we are strict on the subject section of your threads. You have to put your intentions (WTT, WTS, WTB). This way people can skim past your post or click on it based on the subject. Plus, the sections not for sale were not getting any traffic.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:00 pm

Copy that. Thanks guys. Appreciate the response.
Post a reply