Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262, 1263 ... 1907  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

constant foot traffic, all damn night.... the crunch of feet on gravel waking me up. some asshole saying 'he's in there' and banging on my door... but other than that, seems OK.. haven't been out to inspect my truck.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat May 25, 2019 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
constant foot traffic, all damn night.... the crunch of feet on gravel waking me up. some asshole saying 'he's in there' and banging on my door... but other than that, seems OK.. haven't been out to inspect my truck.

Like damned talking zombies wanting to eat you or something....... icon_eek

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat May 25, 2019 7:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

and they broke the rear folding doors on my maintenance truck... it's riveted together.... apparently they stuck something in there and popped the rivets... so the door is in 2 pieces.... but they still couldn't get it off... I dunno how I didn't hear that....

I'm fucking pissed... but it's a 3 min fix because I have a rivet gun..but now I'm thinking how to make it so it can't be popped again.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat May 25, 2019 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Pablo wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

and they broke the rear folding doors on my maintenance truck... it's riveted together.... apparently they stuck something in there and popped the rivets... so the door is in 2 pieces.... but they still couldn't get it off... I dunno how I didn't hear that....

I'm fucking pissed... but it's a 3 min fix because I have a rivet gun..but now I'm thinking how to make it so it can't be popped again.

Carriage bolts. Round head to the outside, of course.

Nylocks inside.

Even if they manage to turn the round head of the bolt, the nylock won't just spin right off.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat May 25, 2019 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Pablo wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Carriage bolts. Round head to the outside, of course.

Nylocks inside.

Even if they manage to turn the round head of the bolt, the nylock won't just spin right off.

it's a hollow door with no access. it's why they used rivets in the first place.
heh

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat May 25, 2019 1:23 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Cherry Max rivets with a washer under the head. They are aircraft quality and retain the locking stem inside the pulled rivet. Expensive, but rated as structural.

Sat May 25, 2019 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:
Cherry Max rivets with a washer under the head. They are aircraft quality and retain the locking stem inside the pulled rivet. Expensive, but rated as structural.

That sounds like a plan. I don't know where to get them, so I just used some generic rivets. I didn't have to punch out the remnants of the old rivets, but it took me about 15 minutes total 2 parts those out and rivet in 12 new ones. I'm guessing that the fact that they were 30 years old and were exposed to the elements had something to do with their failure.

What's really weird? I'm not that upset. Pissed, yeah. But I'm always so protective of my shit, I thought if I came out and found my car broken into or something oh, that I would be making a midnight wake up call at all those ass holes in the encampments.

Maybe because they never even got inside? Maybe because nothing was taken? I don't know.

I'm going to be ordering some solar motion sensor lights to mount on the outside of my 5 ton.

It's also really weird that I didn't give a fuck about someone banging on my truck. Maybe I was too tired? Maybe I was just thinking as long as they didn't get the inside the truck that I didn't give a fuck. Because I was back to sleep only minutes later.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat May 25, 2019 10:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello ,

Your package has a delivery exception. We attempted to deliver your package at 3:25 pm on May 25, 2019 in LAWTON, OK 73505 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

BS!
I was sitting less than 5 feet from the only door in the apartment.

Sat May 25, 2019 10:12 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

golddigger14s wrote:
Hello ,

Your package has a delivery exception. We attempted to deliver your package at 3:25 pm on May 25, 2019 in LAWTON, OK 73505 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

BS!

Could not access your delivery location generally means a gated community or home, roads closed, or some other limiting factor preventing them from getting to the delivery address.

Sun May 26, 2019 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Hello ,

BS!

Could not access your delivery location generally means a gated community or home, roads closed, or some other limiting factor preventing them from getting to the delivery address.

I think sometimes it also means they didn’t give enough of a shit to deliver it. I live in a house and neighborhood with no gates, multiple access roads, and generally zero obstructions to delivery. However I have also received that notice.

Sun May 26, 2019 8:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Hello ,

BS!

I think sometimes it also means they didn’t give enough of a shit to deliver it. I live in a house and neighborhood with no gates, multiple access roads, and generally zero obstructions to delivery. However I have also received that notice.

The access/fence is so intimidating.

Sun May 26, 2019 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Hello ,

BS!

I was sitting less than 5 feet from the only door in the apartment

With all the weight you lost, they probably couldn't see you, Chuck!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun May 26, 2019 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Scam of the year here:
I received the following email a little while ago:
Quote:
Hello Richard xxx ,

Cherie Carr (cherie.r.carr@gmail.com) canceled the following money request:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Money request details
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount: $75.00 USD

Event date: Aug 14, 2013

Date: Aug 14, 2013

Note: If PP doesn't give me your address, I will ask you for it later. Rick

Sincerely,

PayPal

PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Firefox) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PayPal PPX000862:N/A:ce9db81a425a6

Notice the date?
How did they get my last name? (I x'd it out)
Anyways, I forwarded it to PayPal.

Sun May 26, 2019 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Hello ,

BS!

I was sitting less than 5 feet from the only door in the apartment

With all the weight you lost, they probably couldn't see you, Chuck!

:wink05:

Sun May 26, 2019 3:41 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Just got a bill from Telecom USA for 4 phone calls.

2 from Walla Walla 2 from Spokane.

I googlied the numbers.

509-278-8xxx

509-270-8xxx

509-200-3xxx twice

these are Known Robo Call numbers for SCAM.

Now theyre charging the customer they want to scam......

How in the F are they doing this.

I called Telecom.....theyre a bit busy.

My Ph Number (Old landline work number) does NOT have long distance capability :ROFLMAO:

And

I almost tossed it because the name on the bill was my brothers...he got in a motorcycle wreck in 1985.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Last edited by WaJim on Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 28, 2019 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262, 1263 ... 1907  Next