Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 143  Next
 Riots nationwide after officer involved incident 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

martin248 wrote:
I want to know who brought the knife. If the dead girl took it from that other one and is also the one who called 911 there's a self defense angle and this isn't so simple.

No.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:plusone:

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doesn't matter who 'brought' the knife.

Stabby girl had the knife and was being stabby with it.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:13 am

Selador wrote:

It does to me. It dramatically changes my perception of what she was likely doing and how likely she was to actually stab anyone.

It also seems the other adults, who were present before the police arrived, did not see her as the aggressor and acted against the other girl, implying she wasn't the problem.

There's too many if's here. I will wait and see what the facts are, everyone's jumping to conclusions.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:14 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:

Uhhh....

Yup!

Big Girl has a Bad day or not, this is all the info the Cop needed....

All second guessers that Carry.....use this as a teaching moment.

The Cops Actions are legal for you as a citizen of this State.

Put yourself in that situation....as the Legally Armed individual.

What action would you take?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:24 am

If she is the one who called 911 and said she was being threatened by someone with a knife, and if she then took the knife off the person who was threatening her, then she was likely not going to hurt anyone and instead was likely pumped on adrenaline and doing a "how do YOU like it" routine with no real intent of stabbing anyone.

Those present fit the full sequence of events would intuitively know that she wasn't going to stab anyone, which explains their reacty, calling the officer stupid.

Obviously she should know better thab to wave a weapon once police are on scene and that's a mistake, but it's not malicious, it's just stupid.

The officer of course just got there and only sees a girl with a knife and doesn't know the situation so it's easy to see why he would think he needs to shoot

But if that's the case (if) it's a big fucking mess and not a simple situation at all.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Selador wrote:

Uhhh....

Yup!

Came here to say or rather ask a "What if" and you covered it well from a different angle. If stab-stab babe was going after my wife/daughter, well yep good shoot. (And for the record that cop shot straighter than those damned NYC cops!)

How this: What if chunkystabby had a gun?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:30 am

WaJim wrote:
Selador wrote:

Uhhh....

Yup!

Legally justified? Probably. But it's not great to legally shoot an innocent person, legal or not.

I can't see any way this officer faces discipline, but he may end up having trouble living with himself.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:34 am

Pablo wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Selador wrote:

Uhhh....

Yup!

Came here to say or rather ask a "What if" and you covered it well from a different angle. If stab-stab babe was going after my wife/daughter, well yep good shoot. (And for the record that cop shot straighter than those damned NYC cops!)

How this: What if chunkystabby had a gun?

Yeah, but what if "stabby" WAS your daughter and while you knew she would never actually stab your wife, that she was just worked up, a passerby who came along half way through and didn't know your family opened fire and killed your daughter?

This is a domestic situation, not an attack by strangers.

Last edited by martin248 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:37 am

That has to be one of the hardest parts of being a LEO ---- showing up to an active situation and having to instantly ascertain who is the 'victim' and who is the 'aggressor' --- depending WHEN they arrive on scene, its not always clear and can be swapped or misinterpreted at any moment based on emotions.

I say good for the LEO - active eminent harm with deadly force met with deadly force ---- doesn't matter what happened before they arrived. No time to de-escalate.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
(And for the record that cop shot straighter than those damned NYC cops!)

Quote:
The Daily Beast reported that Reardon is a US Air National Guardsman who received an expert marksman badge with an M-4 Carbine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nicholas-reardon-identified-as-cop-who-fatally-shot-16-year-old-makhia-bryant?ref=home

que the "military is training to kill black people!" and "defund the military" bullshit cries

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:40 am

JohnMBrowning wrote:
That has to be one of the hardest parts of being a LEO ---- showing up to an active situation and having to instantly ascertain who is the 'victim' and who is the 'aggressor' --- depending WHEN they arrive on scene, its not always clear and can be swapped or misinterpreted at any moment based on emotions.

I say good for the LEO - active eminent harm with deadly force met with deadly force ---- doesn't matter what happened before they arrived. No time to de-escalate.

That's absolutely what they are trained to do, and he did what he was supposed to do.

It raises a question of whether we actually benefit from police doing that.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fucksakes! Some guys will argue about anything! She had a knife, declared her intent to use it, had proximity, and was in the act of committing assault with a deadly weapon. None of that is hypothetical. It is all documented fact.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:42 am

Arisaka wrote:
Fucksakes! Some guys will argue about anything! She had a knife, declared her intent to use it, had proximity, and was in the act of committing assault with a deadly weapon. None of that is hypothetical. It is all documented fact.

That's certainly how it looked to the officer.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:43 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I can also see the smaller gall using the knife as protection against a gal three times her size.

I can also see big gal easily wrestling the knife from the smaller gal and turning it back on her as you say "See how you like it"

But the swing rearward with a fixed blade toward a body is an act that can only have one outcome....the 'threat' here on the scene at the time of the shoot is that large gal with the knife even if the small gal brought it to the fight......

We are taught, In Carry SD Classes, to use only enough 'excessive force' to remove that threat, and ONLY enough to nullify the threat.

Any chance of De-Escalating this scene had long passed.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 2141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 143  Next