Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 143  Next
 Riots nationwide after officer involved incident 

To be clear a REARWARD swing is ambiguous, until it starts moving FORWARD. Rearward could also be moving it back away from the physical confrontation so that no one gets cut.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At this point, either you have not actually watched the last few seconds of video, up to when she got shot... Or you are running a disinformation campaign.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:57 am

I know how it looked to the officer, from what he saw it is obvious why he shot and that he will not face any discipline.

But the same events may have looked different to the people who had more context.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Military vets will be the new bad guys..

Martin248 here’s the problem with your statement.

Let’s say the other woman did indeed bring the knife and the shooting victim managed to take it away from her, that still doesn’t justify her attacking the two women as shown on the video. She tackles one woman, perhaps trying to stab her, perhaps trying to take the knife. But then she immediately gets up and goes for the second woman against the car.That wasn’t a defensive action, that was assaulting towards the threat. At that point it’s no longer self defense.

Just like if you’re in your home and someone attacks you, legally you’re justified to shoot to defend yourself. But if you chase them outside the house and shoot them as they’re trying to get away, then you’re now in the wrong.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[Derp

Divided we fall.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:22 am

NotAMerc wrote:
Let’s say the other woman did indeed bring the knife and the shooting victim managed to take it away from her, that still doesn’t justify her attacking the two women as shown on the video.

So it's worth repeating at this point that this is an "if". The identity of the 911 caller has not been confirmed, nor who brought the knife. If she brought the knife herself, if somebody else called 911, whole different story.

But if it's the 911 caller who got shot, and if she disarmed the stabber, then my perception of what she was doing changes.

I would then not think she was actually going to stab anyone. The person who disarms someone else is simply less likely to actually do it than the person who brought the knife with intent.

I would think she's pumped with adrenaline and understandably angry with the person who threatened her, but not actually likely to do any harm.

That does appear to be the way the others present saw it, and why they called the officer stupid. They seem to have had insight into her mental state that the officer didn't have and couldn't have had.

Quote:

But then she immediately gets up and goes for the second woman against the car.That wasn’t a defensive action, that was assaulting towards the threat.

I tackled my brother all the time when I was a kid too, and he did it to me too, but I'd never actually hurt him.

What the officer can't know is the meaning of the knife and her intent. Is she intending to use it? Or just holding on to it after having disarmed someone else?

She says she's going to stab, is she really? Or is it more of a "how do you like it" acting out, like kids are known to do?

Of course the officer can't know, he only knows what he's seen. He doesn't know the relationships, he doesn't know the context, he's completely incapable of judging her mental state and intent because he doesn't know her.

This is a domestic mess, not two strangers getting into a dustup and that's why it's complicated.

Was the officer "justified" in shooting her? Almost certainly.

Was it the right thing to do, in hindsight, knowing ALL the facts? I'm not convinced.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

martin248 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Selador wrote:
Doesn't matter who 'brought' the knife.

Stabby girl had the knife and was being stabby with it.

Uhhh....

Yup!

Big Girl has a Bad day or not, this is all the info the Cop needed....

All second guessers that Carry.....use this as a teaching moment.

The Cops Actions are legal for you as a citizen of this State.

Put yourself in that situation....as the Legally Armed individual.

What action would you take?

Legally justified? Probably. But it's not great to legally shoot an innocent person, legal or not.

I can't see any way this officer faces discipline, but he may end up having trouble living with himself.

"But it's not great to legally shoot an innocent person, legal or not."
That's said in jest right? An innocent person is not actively assaulting someone with a deadly weapon. You might want to review your definition of "innocent".

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
martin248 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Selador wrote:

Uhhh....

Yup!

Legally justified? Probably. But it's not great to legally shoot an innocent person, legal or not.

I can't see any way this officer faces discipline, but he may end up having trouble living with himself.

That's said in jest right? An innocent person is not actively assaulting someone with a deadly weapon. You might want to review your definition of "innocent".

Its called disinformation.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:59 am

skey wrote:
martin248 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Selador wrote:

Uhhh....

Yup!

My definition of innocent includes intent. Was she actually using the knife? Or only holding it after having disarmed someone else?

Suppose she survived. Would she have a plausible defense in court to that assault charge? If so she's innocent.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think you argue just to argue

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:21 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arisaka wrote:
Fucksakes! Some guys will argue about anything! She had a knife, declared her intent to use it, had proximity, and was in the act of committing assault with a deadly weapon. None of that is hypothetical. It is all documented fact.

Exactly. Perhaps the dead girl started out as the "good guy," but she quickly changed roles and became the aggressor.

Good shoot. Sad? Yes. But a good shoot.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Was she actually using the knife? Or only holding it after having disarmed someone else?"
Are we dealing with a visual or idealogical impairment? If you do not see "intent to harm" in the video, I don't know what to say except I hope neither you or yours are ever in the same position as the girl in pink and then cop stops to ponder her true intent.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:

Right? Reminds of someone else who used to be here.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
codfather wrote:

Right? Reminds of someone else who used to be here.

Agreed, there have been more than a few lately that are on ignore list and it would be nice if people would stop quoting them..

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The gal in pink is holding what looks like a pug

Maybe it was the dog that started the fight and Chunky Brewster was going after it

Everyone wants to live the pug life till it's time to do pug things...

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 2141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 143  Next