Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1626, 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
Those guys may need a more than typical amount of oversight, or you won’t see your engine for years.

I may not see an engine from that company at all

Had a back and forth with one of the supervisors yesterday. He lit into me for tracking down the correct pistons at another shop. Said they don’t buy from other shops and we should just part ways

He said they did nothing wrong by quoting for an engine that they couldn’t build. It was the parts supplier that failed to have the parts

Then he tells me they’ve had this problem before with this exact engine because the pistons are discontinued. They built something that was close enough and it ‘worked great’

So which is it: You didn’t know the parts were discontinued or you know all about it and already came up with a workaround?

Option C: They are lying conniving thieves. Get clear of them as fast as you can.

They're getting paid to do a job, regardless of where parts come from. Better yet, paid for the job to be done, as the customer wants.
WTF has happened to the world today?

Fri May 14, 2021 10:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Customer Service" should be a SINGLE point of contact at a business. This shit about 'please hold while I transfer you', and then having to provide your name, number, account number, and explanation of the issue to six different people is asinine.

How about the REPRESENTATIVE gets on the blower to their associate and actually resolves the fracking issue?

One would think the amount of time the COMPANY spends on the transfers and time spent in the repetition of information would justify single point contact. ( not to mention the amount of MY time you're wasting)

"Let me transfer you now".... Oh HELL no. (waggling my neck and waving my index finger) How about I transfer my foot to your colon and YOU hop to fix this shit?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 14, 2021 12:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Fuck Off Jay

From DOR Today...

Received: Friday, May 14, 2021 1:21:26 AM
Subject: Local Tax Rate Changes beginning July 01, 2021

Local sales tax rates in the following areas will change beginning July 01, 2021.

City of East Wenatchee Housing and Related Services
City of Lacey Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
City of Lakewood Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Pierce County Mental Health Tax
City of Roy Mental Health Tax Car Dealers and Leasing Companies
City of Spokane Housing and Related Services
City of Spokane Housing and Related Services Car Dealers and Leasing Companies
City of Tacoma Housing and Related Services
Unincorporated Mason County Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Pierce County Non-RTA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Pierce County RTA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Pierce County RTA PTBA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Thurston County (Nisqually Tribe) Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Thurston County (Squaxin Island Tribe) Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Thurston County PTBA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
City of Wenatchee Housing and Related Services
Whatcom County Housing and Related Services
Whatcom County Housing and Related Services Car Dealers and Leasing Companies
Lodging - City of East Wenatchee Housing and Related Services
Lodging - City of Lakewood Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Lodging - Pierce County Non-RTA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Lodging - Pierce County RTA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Lodging - Pierce County RTA PTBA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Lodging - City of Spokane Housing and Related Services
Lodging - City of Tacoma Housing and Related Services
Lodging - City of Wenatchee Housing and Related Services

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri May 14, 2021 3:52 pm

RocketScott wrote:
The company, whom I sent a nice big fat check to build me a new engine for the boom truck, called and said they couldn't build what I wanted because they can't find the pistons

Two hours of my time and some calls to the Cummins dealer (they didn't know either) I figured out what pistons are the correct replacements. Still in production, with two aftermarket companies making replacements

Part numbers have evolved in 30+ years but nobody keeps up with obsolete stuff. I'm expecting more of this

Bad omen if they are getting bogged down in the parts phase of the build

855 series? What is the CPL?

Fri May 14, 2021 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Fuck Off Jay

From DOR Today...

Received: Friday, May 14, 2021 1:21:26 AM
Subject: Local Tax Rate Changes beginning July 01, 2021

Local sales tax rates in the following areas will change beginning July 01, 2021.

City of East Wenatchee Housing and Related Services
City of Lacey Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
City of Lakewood Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Pierce County Mental Health Tax
City of Roy Mental Health Tax Car Dealers and Leasing Companies
City of Spokane Housing and Related Services
City of Spokane Housing and Related Services Car Dealers and Leasing Companies
City of Tacoma Housing and Related Services
Unincorporated Pierce County RTA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Pierce County RTA PTBA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Thurston County (Nisqually Tribe) Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Thurston County (Squaxin Island Tribe) Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Unincorporated Thurston County PTBA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
City of Wenatchee Housing and Related Services
Whatcom County Housing and Related Services
Whatcom County Housing and Related Services Car Dealers and Leasing Companies
Lodging - City of East Wenatchee Housing and Related Services
Lodging - City of Lakewood Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Lodging - Pierce County Non-RTA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Lodging - Pierce County RTA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Lodging - Pierce County RTA PTBA Retail Sales Tax New Location Codes
Lodging - City of Spokane Housing and Related Services
Lodging - City of Tacoma Housing and Related Services
Lodging - City of Wenatchee Housing and Related Services

Democrat's never let an opportunity to raise Taxes pass by, then they piss the money away on studies, costs for the layer's of newly hired and formed groups to administer that money, then announce they need more Money.
So more taxes.
Fucking Twat's

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri May 14, 2021 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zipties wrote:

CPL-1280

The pistons were only used in the 1256 and 1280

Sat May 15, 2021 3:42 am

RocketScott wrote:
zipties wrote:

CPL-1280

Ah. A 444 with STC I’m guessing? Those are tricky to source correct parts for, couple of the aftermarket options are very low quality Chinese and the guy in Pittsburgh is sketchy. Cummins 3095069 will work but raises compression and can cause problems later on if the step timing system is not addressed unless you are not pulling heavy or hard. Mahle makes OEM Cummins pistons.

It can be converted away from step timing and the cooling system modified, unless you’re not overly concerned about keeping the “444” in which case you can run different pistons and set the injectors old school style. She will smoke a bit when cold but run fine just a little down on power.

It is an odd monkey that was only around a couple years most shops won’t touch them as they are fairly unique in the Cummins world most are dead and gone and many techs never worked on them and even less understood them from the beginning. There is a shop out here who can convert it if you are looking for opinions.

Cummins NW is useless. H&H is too now. Dirk’s can do it probably but will make you sign a waiver.

I should have asked at first before rambling is this a black block or tan? Chrome rocker box covers?

Sat May 15, 2021 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zipties wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
zipties wrote:

CPL-1280

Ah. A 444 with STC I’m guessing? Those are tricky to source correct parts for, couple of the aftermarket options are very low quality Chinese and the guy in Pittsburgh is sketchy. Cummins 3095069 will work but raises compression and can cause problems later on if the step timing system is not addressed unless you are not pulling heavy or hard. Mahle makes OEM Cummins pistons.

It can be converted away from step timing and the cooling system modified, unless you’re not overly concerned about keeping the “444” in which case you can run different pistons and set the injectors old school style. She will smoke a bit when cold but run fine just a little down on power.

It is an odd monkey that was only around a couple years most shops won’t touch them as they are fairly unique in the Cummins world most are dead and gone and many techs never worked on them and even less understood them from the beginning. There is a shop out here who can convert it if you are looking for opinions.

Cummins NW is useless. H&H is too now. Dirk’s can do it probably but will make you sign a waiver.

I should have asked at first before rambling is this a black block or tan? Chrome rocker box covers?

Could also check with Pacific Torque in SeaTac.
They used to our Cummins work, we were all Detroit cert, on our trolleys and double decker busses.
H and H....haven't heard that bad word in a while...

Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zipties wrote:
Ah. A 444 with STC I’m guessing?

PM sent

Sat May 15, 2021 12:07 pm

Some knucklehead on a different forum wanting $800 for a used Gen 4 Glock 21 slide and 3 - 10rd magazines.

What.
The.
Vuck.

Sun May 16, 2021 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damned tractor hydraulics decided to stop working just as I really need to mow down the scotchbroom.

Quick disconnectors are sticky and can't get then uncoupled so troubleshooting is complicated.

Pump looks buried by other parts and will be a pain to remove.

Sun May 16, 2021 4:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

SporkBoy wrote:
Damned tractor hydraulics decided to stop working just as I really need to mow down the scotchbroom.

Quick disconnectors are sticky and can't get then uncoupled so troubleshooting is complicated.

Pump looks buried by other parts and will be a pain to remove.

May be pressure left in the line...?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon May 17, 2021 5:16 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Fukin Biden giving away more stimulus money....

The way you stimulate these fuckers is to cut the free shit.

Mon May 17, 2021 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Fukin Biden giving away more stimulus money....

The way you stimulate these fuckers is to cut the free shit.
And who says you can't buy future votes

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Tue May 18, 2021 4:32 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My Tranny Part supplier has no master kit for Muncie.....wtf?

Its like the most common tranny besides a toploader.

Tue May 18, 2021 4:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1626, 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632 ... 1908  Next