Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Give this man a medal.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The shooter's felonious possession of a weapon aside...

with the police being either ordered to not respond to property crimes (which can and do often escalate) or just giving up in frustration and not wasting their time and effort to respond, and with activist judges simply releasing those that are arrested... with the support of civic government...

there is no relief for victims of crime. Expect this to happen more often.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

with the police being either ordered to not respond to property crimes (which can and do often escalate) or just giving up in frustration and not wasting their time and effort to respond, and with activist judges simply releasing those that are arrested... with the support of civic government...

Absolutely agreed 100%. Hell...if it were me, (and remember I was homeless not that long ago, and living in my van) I would have just started that bitch up and gone on my merry way without wasting ammo. Bump-bumpity-bump. Oops, what on earth was that? As TechnoWeenie put it awhile back. (Pardon the paraphrase) When govt no longer respects the rights of it's citizens, what moral obligation do we have to trust in the "justice" of the system.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Absolutely agreed 100%. Hell...if it were me, (and remember I was homeless not that long ago, and living in my van) I would have just started that bitch up and gone on my merry way without wasting ammo. Bump-bumpity-bump. Oops, what on earth was that? As TechnoWeenie put it awhile back. (Pardon the paraphrase) When govt no longer respects the rights of it's citizens, what moral obligation do we have to trust in the "justice" of the system.

Aaaaaand... That is exactly what I have been thinking from the beginning of this thread. Just start the truck, and drive away. If the crook isn't fast enough to get away, so sorry, not sorry. If he is, he might learn a lesson.

But if you are going to intentionally kill the guy, just pop him in the head. THAT... Is what sometimes happens when someone decides to commit a crime, and someone else stops them. I know it's what I myself would be tempted to do...

Dragging him behind the truck... That is just sadistic. If you have those tendencies, you are not welcome at my table.

And I agree. Expect to see more of the above.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
RockHopper wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Aaaaaand... That is exactly what I have been thinking from the beginning of this thread. Just start the truck, and drive away. If the crook isn't fast enough to get away, so sorry, not sorry. If he is, he might learn a lesson.

But if you are going to intentionally kill the guy, just pop him in the head. THAT... Is what sometimes happens when someone decides to commit a crime, and someone else stops them. I know it's what I myself would be tempted to do...

Dragging him behind the truck... That is just sadistic. If you have those tendencies, you are not welcome at my table.

and my point, is the same to the FUDS that say you'll get arrested for using excessive force if you use a hollow point (and no, I'm not joking, I've had people argue that)... It doesn't matter if it's a bat, or a hand grenade. Lethal force is lethal force. If you're going to run him over, he's still dead... Doesn't matter if you hung him from a tree, or cut his arms and legs off and let him bleed out... it's all theater at that point... The end result is the same.

Let's say I have a claymore.. legally stamped... on my porch... 5 guys come up and start kicking on my door, obviously armed, saying they're gonna kill me... and I decide to set it off... killing all 5 men. Is it legal use of force? Is someone gonna argue 'man, that's overkill, you could have shot them, but setting off a MINE on them?!'.... Lethal force is either justified, or it's not. Morally and legally we can argue a difference, but the end result is the same.

Is it OK to hang a horse thief? If so, then why not OK to shoot one? Why not OK to stab one? Why not okay to strap to a railroad track, or strap a weight to their legs and bind their hands and feet and toss them overboard?

The end result is the same, it's the idea behind the manner in which they choose to execute their deed, that offends people.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
RockHopper wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

and my point, is the same to the FUDS that say you'll get arrested for using excessive force if you use a hollow point (and no, I'm not joking, I've had people argue that)... It doesn't matter if it's a bat, or a hand grenade. Lethal force is lethal force. If you're going to run him over, he's still dead... Doesn't matter if you hung him from a tree, or cut his arms and legs off and let him bleed out... it's all theater at that point... The end result is the same.

Let's say I have a claymore.. legally stamped... on my porch... 5 guys come up and start kicking on my door, obviously armed, saying they're gonna kill me... and I decide to set it off... killing all 5 men. Is it legal use of force? Is someone gonna argue 'man, that's overkill, you could have shot them, but setting off a MINE on them?!'.... Lethal force is either justified, or it's not. Morally and legally we can argue a difference, but the end result is the same.

Is it OK to hang a horse thief? If so, then why not OK to shoot one? Why not OK to stab one? Why not okay to strap to a railroad track, or strap a weight to their legs and bind their hands and feet and toss them overboard?

The end result is the same, it's the idea behind the manner in which they choose to execute their deed, that offends people.

:cheers2:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
RockHopper wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Is it ok to shoot and eat a dog?

Ok, if it is, is it ok to skin it alive, and roast it while it screams?

What is the difference there? The latter is sadistic. Inhumane.

And while in your terms there is no difference... In my world, if you want to do the former, have at it. But if you want to do the latter, again, you are not welcome at my table.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A this point we don't know if/how the dragging contributed the the mans death

Sure didn't help, but I would bet the guy bled out from the gunshot wounds. We'll have to wait for the autopsy report

From what is sounds like the draggER used the dragEEs own truck. Quite possible that he needed to move that truck and the thief out of the way so he could escape

Two birds, one stone. I appreciate efficiency

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
A this point we don't know if/how the dragging contributed the the mans death

Sure didn't help, but I would bet the guy bled out from the gunshot wounds. We'll have to wait for the autopsy report

From what is sounds like the draggER used the dragEEs own truck. Quite possible that he needed to move that truck and the thief out of the way so he could escape

Two birds, one stone. I appreciate efficiency

Charge the man with evidence tampering and let it go at that. lol

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn dude...how the hell did you even come up with that analogy? A dog cannot reason right from wrong. It doesn't take much stretch of the imagination that when a guy is so down on his luck as to be living in a car for years, that he may not be firing on all cylinders anyway. People have done far worse from a much better positions.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Dude could honestly think that 'rub some dirt in it' is legitimate medical advice

Going over and above shouldn't be a crime

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Dude could honestly think that 'rub some dirt in it' is legitimate medical advice

Going over and above shouldn't be a crime

Nope. It also should (but wont) be a deterrent to other shit bags

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

The situation here is more that you set off the claymore and while they are wounded and moaning in pain, and even in the mildest of circumstances put a bullet in their head to finish them off.

The threat is over, if you take it any further you are committing murder.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
...and even in the mildest of circumstances put a bullet in their head to finish them off.

Was it the mildest of circumstances?

I don't think any of us really know

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

The situation here is more that you set off the claymore and while they are wounded and moaning in pain, and even in the mildest of circumstances put a bullet in their head to finish them off.

You moved the goalpost friend. If the original threat rated deadly force, than "the mildest circumstance", by nature....means they are still a threat, vis-a-vis deadly threat is still deadly threat. I vote that TW should get to have a minimum of 3 claymores in this scenario. The only difference between dead and "chunky style" is the position of the lid.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bubblewhip wrote:

Wait.... Isn't that a mercy kill? :bigsmile:

Legally speaking, you may be correct.

MORALLY speaking, anyone who goes to that length to attempt to kill a random stranger, in their home, only ceases to be a threat when they're dead. Nothing would really prevent them from doing it again, to me or someone else, even if they had to serve, say ,20 years in prison..

These are extreme examples, obviously.. and I don't think anyone, myself included, ever wants to be in that situation, but I won't fault him for how he reacted.

He defended his property, then attempted to hide the body by dragging it to a field. I don't find anything immoral about that. I know people that have enough property, and an excavator, that anyone trying to steal their stuff wouldn't be found again.. I don't see an issue with that, either.

In this case, dude had to have a sawzall, and I sure as hell ain't gonna let someone get in a position where they can use the sawzall against me. They'll get a warning to stop moving and if they keep moving, they're gonna get plugged.

The only thing questionable I see, and again, completely understandable and not immoral, is he tried to hide the body because he didn't wanna deal with the trouble. Bodies are heavy, dragging them is not fun... So he tied him to the truck and dragged him to a field.

cite him with 'failure to render aid' or 'evidence tampering' or some bullshit and let it go....

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next