Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PayPal 

To all my fellow Wagunners-

I’ve noticed a lots of people recently stating they accept “PayPal Friends and Family” as an acceptable payment method.
I am writing this to hopefully help someone else avoid the situation I just had to endure with PayPal.
Many of you may already know, PayPal is not 2A friendly. Firearms, firearm parts, ammo and anything else gun related is strictly prohibited to PayPal’s TOS. If you are found in violation of those TOS, they will freeze your account and take any funds you have in the account. Don’t use PayPal as a payment option. It’s not a “safe” option as you may think.
This isn’t my MO but I felt I had to write this. If nothing else, to hopefully help someone else.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well said.

Notice that WaGuns doesn't use PayPal anymore? We had EXACTLY that situation happen.

I still use it for personal reasons once in a great while (I avoid it if I can now), but I make damned sure that I don't keep a balance in my PP account.

Fuck PayPal.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Well said.

Fuck PayPal.

This. I won’t use it ever again.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is the alternative?

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
What is the alternative?

:plusone:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Literally hundreds of ways to send money. PayPal is garbage for sellers.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
So how about a list of some of those!

I'll start.
Alternate is to use zelle.
Don't use venmo as they are owned by those creeps at paypal.
Western union bank transfer.
Xe.com is another.
There are couple right off the top if my head.

Hopefully spork and other will add to the list.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most do you already know that ole caveman is not very technologically inclined. For that reason I’ve basically shunned all forms of electronic payments unless they take a debit card without fees. I have been weaning myself off PP for years but now I am strictly a USPS MO, personal check and cash man for classifieds buying here.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ACH bank to bank transfer- might take a day or two.

Your bank's billpay basically just mails a check (if they can't arrange and electronic transfer) takes 3-5 days.

Direct transfer between OCCU members takes a minute.

USPS money order.

Personal check. I've sent folks a check and told them to wait until the funds clear - half the time they deliver the goods before then.

Cash. Biggest transaction was $8000. Face to face with a stranger and a hand shake.

Cash app. There are a ton of similar apps.

Heck, I've even mailed cash by return receipt registered mail.

Ultimately I've been ripped off multiple ways but never by a person of any integrity. Deal with decent people and you'll find a way.

It took Dell 60 days to reimburse my credit card for a failed transaction.

Patience, good will and honesty carry the day.

Except PayPal - they will fuck you.

FYI zelle transactions that go sideways are a lost cause same as setting cash on fire.

There are ways to use PayPal as a buyer with a credit card (never link a PayPal account to your bank account) that actually gives some protection.

There were some instances where I had to use PayPal as a seller and I linked it to a bank account that I'd purposely opened just for the purpose - one account per transaction - when anything went sideways it was controlled damage that all got sorted out eventually. This was for even international deals (fuck Greece - will never sell anything there) for items in the $3000-$5000 range.

International deals are a whole different beast. Some places customs is a black hole (Brazil).

For larger $ amounts there are third party escrow agencies (like when you buy a house).

Anyone who insists on using only one means to transact (particularly one I don't like) well the deal is off. Honestly, somethings aren't worth the hassle.

If the item is an absolute must have then you simply can't beat face to face cash and carry. If you aren't willing to do that then you really don't want the item anyway.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ill give you a hint, it starts with C and ends in ASH. Its backed up by revolver securities.

Never had a problem.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:

Except when it comes to a new member with zero feedback. Then it’s really the only protected online paying..

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

farfrompar28 wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:

Except when it comes to a new member with zero feedback. Then it’s really the only protected online paying..

I rarely sell to people with zero feedback unless I’ve conversed with them in a PM, then I’ll decide if I’ll meet them for a face-to-face transaction on my terms. Never for an online sale.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How not to get ripped off versus how to send money besides PayPal are totally different topics.

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I accept Paypal for one business because - well because that is all some people know. It sucks, and trust me I sweep to my bank every day and sometimes more. When I shut this biz down, bye-bye Paypal. Getting rid of Paypal right now would be about the same as losing ~25% of business because about 50% of payments are Paypal. We are using authorize.net through Bank Associates Merchant Services for card processing.

FTR: Zelle is a United States–based digital payments network owned by Early Warning Services, a private financial services company owned by the banks Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, U.S. Bank and Wells Fargo. BoF and others NOT 2A friendly.

Cash or Fidelity Elan card for 2A purchases, like the points from the card.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next