SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad but no surprise

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:01 pm

I've never heard of her. Is there some mystery here?

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She was a young social media influencer on a cross country sightseeing camping trip with her fiancé. Two weeks ago, he returned home in her van, without her. Now he is “missing” as well. He’s a person of interest, the FBI would like to speak to him. They are searching in the Florida wilderness.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad story. Just add him to the Dead Pool list. Cause of death: suicide.

Divided we fall.

Last edited by OhShoot! on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did not know who she was. But I did see the story on the news a few days ago.
Her boyfriend has got a lot of questions to answer.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's no more sad than any other missing person that ends at a body, her being an "influencer" (Whatever the fawk that is) is the only reason it even made the news. The boyfriend went missing because there was a lynch mob camped outside his residence.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fox News makes this seem like it's the most important thing happening right now. Not even close.

It sucks, and her family and loved ones are devastated but I am struggling with her importance.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nothing could make a father more proud than the day that his daughter says, "Im gonna make living in a van by video documenting myself doing outdoorsy things in sexy clothing for youtube creepers".

Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Fox News makes this seem like it's the most important thing happening right now. Not even close.

It sucks, and her family and loved ones are devastated but I am struggling with her importance.

Anything to distract the people away from poorly ordered drone strikes and covid coverage.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Anything to distract the people away from poorly ordered drone strikes and covid coverage.

Faux? Could be.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Timeline of events: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 21469.html

Quote:
Here’s a timeline of everything we know about Gabby Petito’s disappearance so far:

2 July - Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie set out from New York in her converted white 2012 Ford Transit van. She uploads regular social media posts over the course of the next six weeks on Instagram and YouTube from such beauty spots as Kansas’s Monument Rocks, Colorado Springs, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Zion National Park and Bryce National Park in Utah and Canyonlands National Park.

12 August - The pair are seen bitterly arguing in Moab City, Utah. Concerned bystanders eventually call 911 to intervene. Attending officer Daniel Robbins notes the pair appeared to be in midst of a “mental health crisis” and that Mr Laundrie had locked Ms Petito out of the van but she had climbed back in through a window to continue remonstrating with him.

13 August - Kylen Schulte and wife Crystal Turner are last seen at Woody’s Tavern in Moab City, Utah. Ms Schulte worked at Moonflower Co-op, near where Ms Petito and Mr Laundrie had their fight. She worked the day of their fight, but left her shift an hour and a half before the fight is reported to have occurred.

18 August - The bodies of Kylen Schulte and wife Crystal Turner are found by authorities at a campsite in the mountains near Moab City, Utah. The women told other campers a “creeper dude” had been near their campsite. No suspect has been identified in their murders.

24 August - Ms Petito spotted with Mr Laundrie checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.

25 August - Last video call to her mother. This is the last time Ms Petito is known to have been seen.

26-27 August - Last text messages sent from Ms Petito’s phone, reporting poor mobile signal, which family have since expressed doubt were actually sent by her.

29 August - Miranda Baker says on TikTok, she and her boyfriend, picked up Mr Laundrie, who was hitchhiking by himself on 29 August at Colter Bay in Grand Teton . North Port police in Florida confirm to The Independent they have spoken to Ms Baker but decline to provide further details.

1 September - Mr Laudire returns to North Port in Ms Petito’s van without her, according to police reports.

10 September - Ms Schmidt says she texted Mr Laudrie and his mother, Roberta Laundrie, making inquiries about her daughter but received no reply.

11 September - Missing person’s investigation opened after Ms Schmidt reports Ms Petito’s disappearance to Suffolk County Police in New York. Search begins near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, her last known intended destination.

13 September - Laundrie family refuses to allow North Port police to speak to their son and issues statement via their lawyer, Steve Bertolino, saying they will be “remaining in the background”. Ms Petito’s parents Nicole Schmidt and Joe Petito host press conference, appealing for information.

14 September - Police declare Brian Laundrie “person of interest”. James Schmidt, Ms Petito’s stepfather, flies out to join search in Wyoming. Mr Petito appears on Fox News to berate the Laundries for declining to co-operate with detectives.

15 September - Police release body camera footage of Moab City encounter with officer. Gabby Petito’s stepfather, James Schmidt, flies to Wyoming to search for Ms Petito and hang missing person fliers.

16 September - Petito family issues statement through their lawyer begging the Laundrie family to help them with the search for Ms Petito.

17 September - Mr Laundrie’s family call investigators to their home and admit that Brian has been missing since Tuesday.

18 September - FBI and Florida police launch a major manhunt to find Brian Laundrie, focusing their search on Florida’s Carlton Reserve

19 September - Footage is released by a couple on YouTube that appears to confirm the van that Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie were travelling in was in the Grand Teton National Park on August 27.

FBI later announce that a body is found in the forest that they believe to be Gabby Petito’s.

20 September - Condolences pour in for the family of Ms Petito, as her father posts a moving tribute to his daughter on Twitter.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:36 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

UpDog wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Oh, I think Fox has been enjoying blasting the Democrats on every topic imaginable . . . I have no idea why they think this particular topic is more relevant/helpful.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The media makes it important because people want to know, and watch the coverage. The "news" is about eyeballs and entertainment, not about news, silly rabbit.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rodell wrote:
The media makes it important because people want to know, and watch the coverage. The "news" is about eyeballs and entertainment, not about news, silly rabbit.

True enough. Top billing AND the top TWO next boxes..........just seems way way over the top.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next