Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
I was talking to a Cali Longshoreman earlier today, he said that truckers have been getting into legit fights trying to get empty chassis ahead of others.

These fucking things have to be piled up in a giant yard somewhere. But where?

all of ours are either at warehouse, because they don't have labor to empty them (some cans have been there 2 months), or at a storage yard waiting for delivery to warehouse for transloading.

We actually had a leased chassis with empty container stolen from our storage yard. They returned the empty then used the chassis. It was literally sitting there for about 20 mins before someone took it, because we know when it was dropped in our storage yard, and about 40 mins later the empty was ingated at the terminal, and the trucker code assigned to the chassis was changed.

Driver's licenses are scanned at entry to terminal, but they won't tell us who took it, and because the terminal assigned that chassis to the other trucking company automatically since they used it to pull a load, they are getting billed for the extra usage, and my boss doesn't wanna push it. Literally have the name and company of who did it but they won't release it to anyone other than police.

That's felony theft of a motor vehicle.... but 'not worth the fight'...

Meanwhile, it fucked up our entire day because we were a chassis short and couldn't get another one, ended up wasting half a day tracking down returnable empties on a chassis just to get one back.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
I was talking to a Cali Longshoreman earlier today, he said that truckers have been getting into legit fights trying to get empty chassis ahead of others.

all of ours are either at warehouse, because they don't have labor to empty them (some cans have been there 2 months), or at a storage yard waiting for delivery to warehouse for transloading..

Yep exactly.

But its a "Port problem".

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
NotAMerc wrote:
You know, if I were a paranoid man, I would think that a bunch of containers falling off a ship and floating in the main channel where our Boomer subs have to transit would be unusual. Something about that whole thing just feels weird.

Believe it or not, it isnt all that uncommon.

I don't doubt it at all. I don't know why, this this just feels off somehow.

Focus is on the containers at the moment, this time last year you wouldn't have likely ever heard about it.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

all of ours are either at warehouse, because they don't have labor to empty them (some cans have been there 2 months), or at a storage yard waiting for delivery to warehouse for transloading..

Yep exactly.

They don't help when they find excuses not to do their job.

I got containers that T5 literally says they unloaded, and can't find, and don't have the time to go find, and they'll update the status when they can, as they find them.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Yep exactly.

They don't help when they find excuses not to do their job.

I got containers that T5 literally says they unloaded, and can't find, and don't have the time to go find, and they'll update the status when they can, as they find them.

How can chassis being kept offsite at understaffed warehouses be a Port issue? If these places returned chassis, more cans could leave.

I get T5 is a shit show, we all know that. The only reason that's even up and running right now is due to the overflow of cans. No cranes working, but the yard is packed.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dont know a single trucker that enjoys having to interact with longshore workers/union or pickup/drop off cans.

My wifes side of the family has trucked in/out of the docks for over 20 years.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is BC having these issues?? :popcorn:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
I dont know a single trucker that enjoys having to interact with longshore workers/union or pickup/drop off cans.

So now were lazy and rude. Got it. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:

Does your google machine work?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

My dad was a truck driver for 40 years and I never heard him say a bad work about longshore workers! Of course it might be because he mainly drove from Chicago-Omaha, or Omaha-Cheyenne, so don't know how many he ran into. :bigsmile:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chasehooks wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

My dad was a truck driver for 40 years and I never heard him say a bad work about longshore workers! Of course it might be because he mainly drove from Chicago-Omaha, or Omaha-Cheyenne, so don't know how many he ran into. :bigsmile:

You can take the most level headed person and after a few hours of dealing with a bunch if non english speaking drivers with fucked up paperwork and booking numbers that dont match your patience is gonna wear thin.

Most of the drivers I deal with I try to bullshit with.

But....if your an asshole, you have never ran across a bigger one than me. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
chasehooks wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

You can take the most level headed person and after a few hours of dealing with a bunch if non english speaking drivers with fucked up paperwork and booking numbers that dont match your patience is gonna wear thin.

Most of the drivers I deal with I try to bullshit with.

But....if your an asshole, you have never ran across a bigger one than me. :ROFLMAO:

Just offer them some bean soup! Wait, a little context might help. My favorite truck driver joke that my dad told me. New waitress at the truck stop: What can I get you. Old truck driver: 2-Hub caps, 2-headlights and a tailpipe. Waitress: What? And he repeats his order. Waitress goes in back and complains that truck driver is picking on her because she's new. Cook: That's just truck driver lingo for 2-pancakes, 2-eggs and sausage. So she sits a bowl of bean soup in front of him. That's not what I ordered! I know, but I thought you might want to get gassed up while you were waiting! :bigsmile:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

From what I understand, BC is getting the boats unloaded just fine. Its the piling up of empty cans that is an issue up there.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Old Growth wrote:

From what I understand, BC is getting the boats unloaded just fine. Its the piling up of empty cans that is an issue up there.

Piling up of empty cans and no chassis to move them causes a backlog.

Same exact issue thats here.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next