Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 EDC knife and Taser recommendation? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have someone coming at you with hostile Intent and an uncertainty of being able to win, strip naked, cut yourself a tiny bit on the hand with keys, nail file etc and smear blood on your face while screaming. I promise there will be no fight. I'm not joking.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:51 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

If i Didnt have a premit...Id cunseal anywayz.

Fuk dyin t the hands of some fuknit.

Id take my chances with a Jery

Id bee alive.

Maybe I shuda built my comment in a Haiku?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

No permit, conceal

Fuk dying by Dipshit.

I'll trust the jury

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

No permit, conceal

Fuk dying by Dipshit.

I'll trust the jury

SO CLOSE!!!

A for effort, though! :bow:

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like to carry POM brand pepper spray and a Spyderco, Benchmark, or Civivi knife.

Divided we fall.

Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Police TASERs use a 5 second pulse...

The civilian taser C2 reminds me of a vibrator, and is a one shot deal that incapacitates for 30 seconds.. Essentially shoot it, and run... The Pulse+ is handgun form factor. Both are effective out to 15, unlike the police versions which are good out to 25 ft with optional cartridge.

C2 runs about $300, Pulse about $400..

A used X26 varies in price but I've seen some as low as $200..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:43 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
The civilian taser C2 reminds me of a vibrator, and is a one shot deal that incapacitates for 30 seconds.. Essentially shoot it, and run...

What do you mean shoot it and run? I thought the whole point of tasing someone is so that you can kick him in balls and stomp him in the head while he's down? lol

Just kidding.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigbearbear wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
The civilian taser C2 reminds me of a vibrator, and is a one shot deal that incapacitates for 30 seconds.. Essentially shoot it, and run...

What do you mean shoot it and run? I thought the whole point of tasing someone is so that you can kick him in balls and stomp him in the head while he's down? lol

Just kidding.

:ROFLMAO:

:thumbsup2:

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I carry a knife only for cutting open boxes and rope. I don't like the idea of coming close enough to have physical contact with an attacker. So I'd go with pepper spray.

Good thread:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=892&hilit=knife+laws

Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

“Everyone has a plan until..."

Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Boils down to training. What and how you trained.

I have to say most people have never fired off their CS/Pepper spray. Or deployed their light with firearm in low light conditions and/or shot in low light.

There are opportunities now here and there where on can get the practice.

Check out Black Rifle matches and other local ranges in what they offer. Mostly indoor but Renton RFGC.org offers a once or twice a year. Not taser.

Sorry I know this is on knives and tasers but a good light can be a really good option to defuse a situation.

Shine a light in someone’s face and you have a huge advantage but only if you can take advantage of it. You may get an answer quick on their intent when you spotlight them so be ready. Most will back down but it’s best to be ready if they really mean harm.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I just picked up the taser pulse for the rampant porch pirate turds running around. The ring neighbors app that I’m signed up to has seen such a huge uptick with these turds the past few months. One guy actually drives around in a u-haul pickup to toss stolen packages into the bed. Serious POS.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:11 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:

The civilian taser C2 reminds me of a vibrator, and is a one shot deal that incapacitates for 30 seconds.. Essentially shoot it, and run... The Pulse+ is handgun form factor. Both are effective out to 15, unlike the police versions which are good out to 25 ft with optional cartridge.

Don't get the commercial X26C or the older version of the X26P. Taser/Axon stopped making the batteries a few years ago. Unless you want to disassemble the factory battery pack and replace the dead CR123s.

The Pulse is also a shoot it, drop it, and run.

Unless Axon changed it, Taser will replace one that has been used, and left behind, for self defense (submit the police report showing it was used for self defense). If Axon stopped, they eliminated one of the best draws to the Taser for something like 30 years.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Don't get the commercial X26C or the older version of the X26P. Taser/Axon stopped making the batteries a few years ago. Unless you want to disassemble the factory battery pack and replace the dead CR123s.

The Pulse is also a shoot it, drop it, and run.

Unless Axon changed it, Taser will replace one that has been used, and left behind, for self defense (submit the police report showing it was used for self defense). If Axon stopped, they eliminated one of the best draws to the Taser for something like 30 years.

The Pulse qualifies under the ‘free’ replacement as long as you provide a police report mentioning the use of the taser to defend yourself and a copy of your receipt (so make sure to keep a copy of that receipt). You pay for shipping and handling.

Maybe gun manufacturers should do something similar..

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:31 pm

BTW I ordered a Benchmade Bugout for my EDC knife, looking into pepper spray now.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next