Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Washington Long Term Care Exemption 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you believe in this current leadership and political state of affairs that they are not going to take these already approved taxes out on Jan 1, 2022. Then my friend we are in more trouble than I had hoped.

The “talk” is all BS. Now if they stopped it. Actually changed the current law that passed. Then I will believe what they say matches what they are doing.

Until then I am exempt and happy I had worked and fought to be exempt from this new tax.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This law has angered both the business groups, which everyone expected, but also the unions and traditional Democrat donors. They did not expect that. That’s why the joint AWB-union letter to Inslee is gaining traction. The SEIU wants all the work that this bill forces people to buy from home health companies so they are fighting to keep it.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This will set a really bad example for future ways they can “tax” while naming it another thing.

It’s a shell game. It’s for the “Greater Good”

BS

It’s a con job by professionals.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got my exemption approval email today. The letter should show up in a few days. It took a little under a month.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.king5.com/article/news/poli ... aff80c2435

Today’s story.. they want language changed but as we all know it’s not that easy once it’s been approved.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

FULL STOP!
Quote:
Inslee, Democratic leaders put brakes on WA Cares payroll tax for long-term care
Approved by Democratic lawmakers and Gov. Jay Inslee in 2019, WA Cares is intended to be a social-insurance program to help people pay for care for themselves in old age or sickness. But concerns have popped up as the program gets under way.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... term-care/
Quote:
...Gov. Jay Inslee and Washington Democratic legislative leaders Friday announced an agreement to delay the new WA Cares payroll tax on employees as they address concerns over the new long-term care program.

In a statement, Inslee said, “We need to give legislators the opportunity to make refinements” to the new program before it kicks in.

“Therefore, I am taking measures within my authority and ordering the state Employment Security Department not to collect the premiums from this program from employers before they come due in April,” Inslee said in the statement. “My actions mean that the state will not collect those funds until the Legislature sorts through these issues.”

During the pause, employers won’t incur penalties or interest for not withholding those taxes from worker wages, he added....

Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ While I hate the fucking LTC tax, how do "Snake Inslee and Washington Democratic legislative leaders" just make a change like that? I mean, isn't it a law? How do they just change the law without passing a new law?

Because lying, cheating Democrats?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rumor has it the R's are going to push a ballot to the people measure. How all taxes should be done.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
^ While I hate the fucking LTC tax, how do "Snake Inslee and Washington Democratic legislative leaders" just make a change like that? I mean, isn't it a law? How do they just change the law without passing a new law?

The premiums are due quarterly when businesses pay their quarterly taxes. They're just telling businesses not to collect it pending the April collection deadline. Meaning if they don't get rid of it, there's going to be a lot of really mad people in April who have 3 months of taxes pulled out of their check.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:38 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That too! The language Inslee used was very well crafted.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Exactly Steve, you know that they write the rules and break the ones they don’t like.
One more reason to get the fukk out of here.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got LTC insurance through my company for the wife and I. She is a home healthcare aid and is in the union. When she brought it up to her employer, they claimed they knew nothing about the LTC tax. This was just a week ago, how can an HR department not know about this money grab? She submitted her letter to them and they better not take any money out of her checks!

Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:25 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Caveman Jim wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Exactly Steve, you know that they write the rules and break the ones they don’t like.
One more reason to get the fukk out of here.

Well, here's an interesting development.

Lying Snake Inslee wrote:
There has been some inaccurate reporting and misinformation about the Legislature’s long-term care bill, which under the law requires employers to withhold money from employee wages.
Only the Legislature has the authority to eliminate that requirement. The Legislature has committed to changing the law in Jan. 2022, including delaying the premium collection timelines.
As I stated clearly earlier this week, I do have the ability to order the state Employment Security Department to refrain from collecting from those premiums from employers at this time, and I have done that.
As an employer, the state of Washington is following the law and will have to begin collecting money from state employee paychecks on Jan. 1st. Many other private employers are doing the same, and others are hoping that the Legislature will change the law.
However, if the Legislature fails to do so, employers will still be legally obligated to pay the full amount owed to state ESD to begin the long-term care program.
The Legislature will have an opportunity to fix their bill starting on Jan. 10 when they convene for the session. It is my hope that they will do that quickly to provide clarity to employees and employers.
I have considerable confidence that the Legislature will fix this problem.

That's from his Facebook post: Inslee's FB post, full of more shit

Ohhhhh, so maybe he CAN'T just change the fucking law, eh??

What an asshole.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lot of hot air and make up words and promises.

It’s all a shakedown and load of crap.
If you believe this pile of BS that he will do this… I am sad for you.

Take the “Red Pill” and wake up to reality. The Niles isn’t just a River in South America.

They may not end up taking it from day 1 but believe the truth that by March/April all employers will be forced to collect.

Last edited by oldkim on Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brandi had a good bit on this in her last podcast

It puts employers in a difficult spot. They still have to collect the tax or risk being on the hook later on if it doesn't get repealed

Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next