Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 WDFW looking for people to sit on Wolf Advisory Group 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup, some idiot on wdfw's page tried claiming all those wolves were the same all over.

Someone asked them if Yorkies and Great Danes were the same thing.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu May 19, 2022 4:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Yup, some idiot on wdfw's page tried claiming all those wolves were the same all over.

Someone asked them if Yorkies and Great Danes were the same thing.

Also a great Dane and a Yorkie are different breed so they are genetically closer than a sub species is from one another. Saying the cascade wolf was the same as a Canadian timberwolf is pretty deceitful

Thu May 19, 2022 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All predators need to be managed, especially wolves.

Thu May 19, 2022 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The state of WA has been forced to kill dozens of wolves since their importation because of their continued predation on cattle.
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/ ... ng-on-cat/

Mitigation attempts like range riders, lighting and sound systems and even chemical sprays have largely failed. The state even got embroiled in a scandal where subsidies for "range riders" were audited and the people supposedly range riding were lounging it up in luxury hotels. Membership on the WAG can help to avoid silly and ineffective measures like these that waste tax dollars and advocate for immediate lethal removal.
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ ... ere-in-sp/

The state originally promised that when wolves achieved less than the numbers they are now that tags would be issued and hunting them to control their numbers would begin. Then, after the numbers reached that threshold they moved the goalposts and said the numbers had to be high throughout the entire state which is silly and bizarre. The state has spent millions of dollars controlling and killing these imported non-native vermin when citizens could have done it for a tiny fraction of the cost. Basically think of them like someone dropping moose from Montana off in Mexico, that's about the same distance as they were trapped in northern Canada and transported down here and also about how ill-suited they are to this habitat.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu May 19, 2022 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sitting here waiting calmly for the calls to start ringing in

"Hello? Is this Mr Norman? I got your number from department of fish and wildlife your a wildlife control operator? I have a problem wolf......"

Ya already had a conversation with the special trapping permit gals in Olympia and the don't want wco involved with wolves, the state wants to handle it themselves. Friends on the east side have been getting permit application for foothold traps to remove coyotes denied because there are wolf's in the area. Fuck it let them eat there way right into Tacoma and Seattle clean up the homeless, get infected with HIV and aides from licking up the shit on the sidewalk, let em get hit by 18 wheelers on I-5. Log truck hit one next to kapowsin lake 2 years ago I had eyes on it when dfw showed up and told me "you saw nothing!" Before tossing it in there truck bed and tearing off like a bat out of hell. This is Washington, it will continue to get worse and worse and somehow it will be Trump's fault. IF it were up to me which of course it is not, lottery for tags, hunting and trapping. Bounty reward, you keep the pelt which btw is worth upwards of 500$ on the market. Been gearing up to hit Idaho now my brother moved there and cut my teeth trapping wolves. Good money to be made and the state wants them gone in the worst way. I used to hunt there when I was young, and east side here. Watched it go down the drain hard and fast when the bastards showed up. If dfw gave one flying fuck, the first moose they took down they should have hit them with an Apache helicopter. This state makes BOOKU bucks on those moose and protect them like they are made of gold, along with the big horns. One tag per person per lifetime IF you get drawn, no harvest? Fuck off you don't get another chance.

When the clowns run the circus it's a wild ride. We carry guns to protect us from predators. 2 legged and 4

Thu May 19, 2022 10:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've always said with wolves and bears... Lets try introducing them to downtown seattle and tacoma and see how they do... I'm seeing a positive for the northwest.

Thu May 19, 2022 10:59 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

shaggy wrote:
I've always said with wolves and bears... Lets try introducing them to downtown seattle and tacoma and see how they do... I'm seeing a positive for the northwest.
I’m not the Governor of Washington and I support this message.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Type 07 Class 2 NFA Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu May 19, 2022 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dreadi wrote:
shaggy wrote:
I’m not the Governor of Washington and I support this message.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
GLOCK Certified Armourer

There are some things a wild animal just wont eat....

A dog will eat cat shit but not a green pepper.

Slow drug induced street vermin will come under this green pepper heading.

Like all we need are stoned bears and wolves wandering Seattle. At least they wont steal clothes....just groceries.

Problem with Dept of Fish n game they wont let nature do its thing, introducing a predator anywhere can or cant be a good thing....wtf did nature do before WDFnW intervened. Getting avid hunters on this FnW board like my bro in law that understand migratory predators would help. They sure fuck up the Fishing regualations each year.....have have non native salmon helped anything but the fucking Orca where that species every else on the planet eat ficking seals? When has a cool pic of a breaching killer whale been taken eating a salmon.????But Jay and his ilk that have never fished...but they control salmon pop by introducing non native fish...and that fucker cant spell fish...and yet he loves the 4 pods of killer whales that only eat salmon. Cause and effect.....people.

I can see thinning to propagate a herd...but like all things there are consequences. Relocating predators is dangerous and there are people that know what can happen if this is done...we need those people making the decisions...kinda like gun control the people handling the rules know nothing about what they're controlling..they FEEEL like the route they're taking is the right way.

Name calling poked its ugly head out this thread....no bueno

I would suggest erasing before the admin gives out whippings....just my 2 cents.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:

Been suggested before. Wet side politicians just love to poke the dry side right in the eye. Nice to see someone poke back

Wolf Sanctuary on Bainbridge Island?
https://www.ncwlife.com/36001-2/

Quote:
OLYMPIA, WA.-An Eastern Washington lawmaker has unveiled legislation that would create a wolf sanctuary on Bainbridge Island. Steve Hair reports

7th District Representative Joel Kretz’ bill is in direct response to a measure (HB 1045) proposed by a Bainbridge Island legislator that would completely ban the lethal removal of grey wolves. Kretz, who owns a horse ranch in Ferry County, has been outspoken in his criticism of wolf reintroduction into Washington State. He said his bill (HB 1639) seeks to ease some of the burden and turmoil his constituents are dealing with as they experience the effects of full-blown wolf recovery firsthand.

Fri May 20, 2022 4:23 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

This thread is back, for now. Let's not go back down the personal insults and attacks road please

Fri May 20, 2022 6:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
shaggy wrote:

Been suggested before. Wet side politicians just love to poke the dry side right in the eye. Nice to see someone poke back

Wolf Sanctuary on Bainbridge Island?
https://www.ncwlife.com/36001-2/

Quote:
OLYMPIA, WA.-An Eastern Washington lawmaker has unveiled legislation that would create a wolf sanctuary on Bainbridge Island. Steve Hair reports

7th District Representative Joel Kretz’ bill is in direct response to a measure (HB 1045) proposed by a Bainbridge Island legislator that would completely ban the lethal removal of grey wolves. Kretz, who owns a horse ranch in Ferry County, has been outspoken in his criticism of wolf reintroduction into Washington State. He said his bill (HB 1639) seeks to ease some of the burden and turmoil his constituents are dealing with as they experience the effects of full-blown wolf recovery firsthand.

Can't say that this proposal didn't get me all tingly and excited.
Let the feel good crap that those with big houses and bank accounts that only see wolves at NW Trek but make rules on the rest, live with their love of a predator that doesn't see the difference between food and feel good idealistic bullshit.

Fri May 20, 2022 8:21 am

Evidently Alpine is ignorant about the diseases we now have in the states undulate herds. We have hair loss disease, Chronic wasting and this hoof disease in elk. If we had more preditors hunters would not be harvesting as many stumbling elk with hoof disease.

I live half time on White Pass and am that voting districts PCO I am not getting any calls about wolves. There used to be a wolf pack on Round Mountain years ago. I have seen a wolf like animal in the Wildcat Creek drainage but I suspect it was a hybred because its tail was curled the times I saw it. I suspect that it did not live long as I only encountered it twice. I have been authorized to dispatch any and all wolves that can curl their tail. If there was a population on White Pass they way I get around I would know about it.....There simply isnt. I do agree with Alpine that non furries need to fulfill the positions on the wolf board. I simply do not have the time.

My parents live out on the Yakama Rez. We had a neighbor that bred hybreds. His pups were in the 90% range as both his sire and dam were 90% Grey wolf. His compound was large and well fenced and far enough away at a mile that we never heard them. My god parents had a half timberwolf half Siberian when I was young. He was a good dog but my sister and I were always reminded to not make suddden moves.

I suspect that a good number of these wolf problems are from hybreds and even huskies that owners have turned out because they are to lazy to handle then properly. I can say lazy because the family dog for many years was a siberian husky since I was an infant with a succession of four of them. My nephew currently has two siblings and a labradore retriever and when the three get loose they act as a pack. They are kenneled in a nice size outside kennel when no one is at home.

Fri May 20, 2022 1:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
Evidently Alpine is ignorant about the diseases we now have in the states undulate herds. We have hair loss disease, Chronic wasting and this hoof disease in elk. If we had more preditors hunters would not be harvesting as many stumbling elk with hoof disease.

I live half time on White Pass and am that voting districts PCO I am not getting any calls about wolves. There used to be a wolf pack on Round Mountain years ago. I have seen a wolf like animal in the Wildcat Creek drainage but I suspect it was a hybred because its tail was curled the times I saw it. I suspect that it did not live long as I only encountered it twice. I have been authorized to dispatch any and all wolves that can curl their tail. If there was a population on White Pass they way I get around I would know about it.....There simply isnt. I do agree with Alpine that non furries need to fulfill the positions on the wolf board. I simply do not have the time.

My parents live out on the Yakama Rez. We had a neighbor that bred hybreds. His pups were in the 90% range as both his sire and dam were 90% Grey wolf. His compound was large and well fenced and far enough away at a mile that we never heard them. My god parents had a half timberwolf half Siberian when I was young. He was a good dog but my sister and I were always reminded to not make suddden moves.

I suspect that a good number of these wolf problems are from hybreds and even huskies that owners have turned out because they are to lazy to handle then properly. I can say lazy because the family dog for many years was a siberian husky since I was an infant with a succession of four of them. My nephew currently has two siblings and a labradore retriever and when the three get loose they act as a pack. They are kenneled in a nice size outside kennel when no one is at home.

Need to come a bit towards the bad side.
Pm if you want better location so I'm not spilling it on the thread.

Fri May 20, 2022 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:

I'm not ignorant about disease, the wolves aren't doing much about them. They'd rather "surplus kill" (feeding frenzy) entire herds or leave them to rot, or prey on easy targets (domestic cattle).

If you want to go Star Trek IV and travel back 100 years and bring forward in time the smaller wolves that used to live here maybe that would work. These giant arctic grays aren't doing what their advocates claim they're here for.

Quote:

Quote:

Fri May 20, 2022 5:10 pm

Smoke a pack day.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
GLOCK Certified Armourer

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing