Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
"Statagies" :facepalm2:

Haha got stuck on "Menu Engineering" pretty sure I could of double majored in that.

https://www.restaurant365.com/blog/what ... nt-profit/

https://www.evergreenhq.com/blog/the-sc ... gineering/

Sat May 21, 2022 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://mypatriotsupply.com/blogs/scout ... %3D.TLRHJG
The Top Supplies America Imports That You Can Start Stocking or Making Yourself
What America imports:
1. Fruit, Vegetables, and Meat
2. Energy Sources
3. Medical Supplies
4. Alcohol
5. Communication Devices
6. Batteries

Sat May 21, 2022 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
https://mypatriotsupply.com/blogs/scout/the-top-supplies-america-imports-that-you-can-start-stocking-or-making-yourself?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign-email&utm_campaign=MPS%20-%205.21.22%20-%20Scout%3A%20Top%20Supplies%20That%20America%20Imports%20%282022-05-21%29&_kx=074skUY1X4y_KsJpG2eB-_2DbJs3HMJ0r4E5Bl5n2qA%3D.TLRHJG
What America imports:
5. Communication Devices

Those cheap Baofeng ham/gmrs radios are a good investment. If the world takes a dump I won't be worrying about needing a Ham license.

Sat May 21, 2022 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
jackass wrote:
https://mypatriotsupply.com/blogs/scout/the-top-supplies-america-imports-that-you-can-start-stocking-or-making-yourself?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign-email&utm_campaign=MPS%20-%205.21.22%20-%20Scout%3A%20Top%20Supplies%20That%20America%20Imports%20%282022-05-21%29&_kx=074skUY1X4y_KsJpG2eB-_2DbJs3HMJ0r4E5Bl5n2qA%3D.TLRHJG
What America imports:
5. Communication Devices

Those cheap Baofeng ham/gmrs radios are a good investment. If the world takes a dump I won't be worrying about needing a Ham license.

This subject has come up a lot here over the years.

Obviously, in an emergency, one wouldn’t care if it was legal…though, it is legal to transmit in an emergency without a license.

The challenge is that one doesn’t know what they’re doing without practice.

There are things like signal strength, antenna issues, reaching a repeater, etc., that you can’t just pull off “on the fly”.

Can you reach somebody?

Maybe.

Can you reach a repeater, or a relative, a source for information, or help?

Probably not.

It’s like someone saying “I’ve got an AR if I get into trouble”, yet, they’ve never really shot it, nor loaded it, learned how to insert mags under stress, learned about the safety, or whether they even can hit what they’re shooting at.

Might you be able to pull it off?

Sure.

The likelihood, under duress, while those that do know how are clogging it up contacting people they’ve communicated with for years, not so good…

The license is cheap, easy, and worth it to practice.

The only caveat is to rent a P.O. Box, or some other location, to receive your license when applying. It’s public information, so anyone can look up your call sign and see the address where your license was mailed…

Sat May 21, 2022 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
jackass wrote:
What America imports:
5. Communication Devices

There are a couple threads, and more than a couple hams here..

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=116697

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=116959

Two way radios only work when there's someone else you can talk to... Just having a radio doesn't do shit.

The nice thing about ham radio is that there are a ton of different aspects, with different people having different specialties that they can teach other. It's a community.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat May 21, 2022 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My dad, who was an electrical engineer, used to build those do-it-yourself kits, e.g. Healthkit, back in the day, as did many others. He and others would be into the new Citizen's Band radio (CB) and have other men bring in their CB radios, perform upgrades and modifications to the boxes and antenna and talk about them all day (before you know, the internet). People used to tinker around a lot more. And it was all MADE IN AMERICA. The users had a thorough understanding of the the underlying electrical theory, could design circuits, read diagrams, and troubleshoot. Parts would be acquired from Radio Shack or other electronic parts stores thru the mail. But even Radio Shack started to outsource to S. Korea, Japan in the 70s and it seemed the whole industry as a whole went to China to where outside of a military radio (which is mostly software nowadays), I think we would have trouble coming up with a competing communications device entirely made in the USA.

Radio Shack catalogs:
https://radioshackcatalogs.com/index.htm

Sun May 22, 2022 7:48 am

In regards to radios,

Picking up a four pack, charging station and extended batteries from Woot is better than nothing. Learning to manually program it isn't hard and there's lots of Youtube tutorials on manually programming and using CHIRP.

If I ever get time I'll study to get my license and try to find some people to talk to. Next up is a decent base station and then later on down the road upgrading from the Bao's.

Sun May 22, 2022 7:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

This subject has come up a lot here over the years.

Obviously, in an emergency, one wouldn’t care if it was legal…though, it is legal to transmit in an emergency without a license.

The challenge is that one doesn’t know what they’re doing without practice.

There are things like signal strength, antenna issues, reaching a repeater, etc., that you can’t just pull off “on the fly”.

Can you reach somebody?

Maybe.

Can you reach a repeater, or a relative, a source for information, or help?

Probably not.

It’s like someone saying “I’ve got an AR if I get into trouble”, yet, they’ve never really shot it, nor loaded it, learned how to insert mags under stress, learned about the safety, or whether they even can hit what they’re shooting at.

Might you be able to pull it off?

Sure.

The likelihood, under duress, while those that do know how are clogging it up contacting people they’ve communicated with for years, not so good…

The license is cheap, easy, and worth it to practice.

The only caveat is to rent a P.O. Box, or some other location, to receive your license when applying. It’s public information, so anyone can look up your call sign and see the address where your license was mailed…

I have planned to get one. I've just been procrastinating. I need to look and see who hosts the test locally and study.

Sun May 22, 2022 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.brighteon.com/9635924b-555e ... caf521b608
2022 Sum of All Fears in Real Life

Is Wal Mart really shutting down some stores?
One quarter of the world's ships outside of China's harbors?
Why the shutdowns in China in N. Korea? COVID or preparation for war footing?
Why the continual escalation that risks nuclear war?
Putin did not mention either victory in Ukraine or a general mobilization during V-E day, what gives?
Any significance to China buying up grain for the last few years?
How can we have a war with China since we're China's largest customer?

Sun May 22, 2022 7:31 pm

And there goes an egg farm..... eggs are already going thru the roof.

One Of The Largest Egg Factories In US Torched In The Middle Of The Night Amid Outbreak Of Fires In Food Processing Facilities Across The Nation

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... ss-nation/

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon May 30, 2022 1:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
And there goes an egg farm..... eggs are already going thru the roof.

One Of The Largest Egg Factories In US Torched In The Middle Of The Night Amid Outbreak Of Fires In Food Processing Facilities Across The Nation

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... ss-nation/

That one got my attention.................this is now beyond coincidence.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon May 30, 2022 2:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
One quarter of the world's ships outside of China's harbors?

See for yourself............

https://shiptracker.live/

Move the map over to China.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon May 30, 2022 6:45 pm

Attachment:
285396120_3361448800752761_2076169543442896789_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://gab.com/Michael_Yon/posts/108427368193466899

What about radios? You gotta have radios. But then comes the questions of HAM vs GMRS/FRS vs CB.

For most people, GMRS will be the way to go, but if you have serious HAM skills or know someone who does, spread the knowledge.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
https://gab.com/Michael_Yon/posts/108427368193466899

What about radios? You gotta have radios. But then comes the questions of HAM vs GMRS/FRS vs CB.

For most people, GMRS will be the way to go, but if you have serious HAM skills or know someone who does, spread the knowledge.

Wrong thread?

Anyway, this is the same dipshit that puts out pseudo-scientific radio reviews then yells at hams to shut up because he doesn't want 'facts'... In on of his more popular videos he said he didn't care what hams had to say about his setup, because it didn't matter.. lol.

He's full of himself and only came to the conclusion he wanted to.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next