Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
 Texas: 19 children two teacher killed. Mass shooting 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One thing I agree with the left on is we need a massive overhaul of mental health treatment... We also need an overhaul of the schools.

On a local FB group, I constantly see posts of parents frustrated by teachers/staff that say they're told to bring bullying to the attention of teachers, then teachers do nothing. Bully starts a fight, gets his ass handed to him, then he gets called a 'victim' and the person who was bullied gets punished..or the person bullied doesn't fight back, but gets suspended anyway because they were in a fight... I had to deal with that shit in HS and I'm sure it's even worse now.

LOTS of posts about preferential treatment and 'equity' in school punishment.

I've heard of girls bringing pocket knives to school, because they're cutting themselves, only to be expelled for bringing a weapon to school instead of getting help and referred to therapy or whatever.

Shit, ya'll know I had a TBI... It's relatively minor compared to what I've seen in others and other than some minor tics, short term memory loss, and some other minor peculiarities that some would chalk up to just being weird, you probably wouldn't know unless I told you.. BUT, those same things prevented me from getting a job for a long time... but I couldn't apply for assistance using my TBI because the second 'brain damage' comes into play, even though it's a specific instance not relating to judgement, they'll strip my gun rights away. The woman I thought I was gonna spend my life with died suddenly and it sent me into a tailspin. My future, everything I knew, just fell out from underneath of me, and when combined with the crap I was already going through, I was in way over my head and knew it.. But couldn't reach out for 'help', despite it being free, because if I went to see a therapist, and told them I was feeling hopeless and didn't feel like I had a future, that's all they need to file an ERPO then next thing I know I'm on a random traffic stop as a cop pulls a gun out on me telling me they're taking all my guns and my CPL... and I guarantee that wouldn't end well.... then they'd just use that as 'proof' that 'we were right in requesting the ERPO'... Too many times the overbearing will of the state pushes people into situations that they otherwise wouldn't be in, with catastrophic outcomes..

Same goes for depression in pilots. If you're a pilot, and depressed, you will get your pilot's license yanked...This is for obvious reasons, but it has the exact opposite effect as intended because pilot's don't say shit because they know if they ask for help, they lose their job. So, they just bottle it up and it gets worse.

You gotta figure out what wire got loose that this guy thought his only course of action was to kill people. It seems clear to me that he chose a school and kids because it was close, and an easy target....

Arming teachers works in Israel.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed May 25, 2022 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's because we don't let kids fight, a bloody lip or broken nose is a lot better than dead kids.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed May 25, 2022 12:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gun free zones are free kill zones. Period.

Laws are only effective for the law abiding. End of story.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Wed May 25, 2022 12:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wed May 25, 2022 12:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
It's because we don't let kids fight, a bloody lip or broken nose is a lot better than dead kids.

7-year-old children defending themselves against a sneak attack by an insane individual with body armor and firearms? Check your reality. Even the BP officers were wounded, and they are adults with real world defensive training. Ridiculous BS.

Divided we fall.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:09 pm

Gman wrote:
Gun free zones are free kill zones. Period.

Laws are only effective for the law abiding. End of story.

This is really the long and the short of it. We don’t negotiate with terrorists. We can talk about bullying at some point, but for now let’s start protecting our kids the way Pelosi wants to be protected. $40,000,000,000 ought to pay for something.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LowLead wrote:
but for now let’s start protecting our kids the way Pelosi wants to be protected.$40,000,000,000 ought to pay for something.

Bullet proof ice cream locker?

Last edited by WitchyWoman on Wed May 25, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm

OhShoot! wrote:
Alpine wrote:

7-year-old children defending themselves against a sneak attack by an insane individual with body armor and firearms? Check your reality. Even the BP officers were wounded, and they are adults with real world defensive training. Ridiculous BS.

I’m pretty sure that’s not what he was saying lol. There’s a bigger picture involving score settling that plays out retroactively, years down the road. The discussion drifted off towards bullying. Nobody is suggesting 7 year olds should be getting into firefights.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Texas school shooter Salvador Ramos was bullied at school because of the clothes he wore and because his family was poor, former classmate says

So whats next? He was a crossdresser? If he was poor where did he get the money for two AR's, a handgun, a $700 optic, and some 300+ rounds of 5.56 which is not cheap either these days. They are going to blame this all on the guns, some poverty based on racism, and gender in-equality/identity excuses....watch.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was right.... off course the media is trying its best to hide this picture. I had to dig.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you stop taking responsibility as parents. Don't be surprised when the government starts becoming your parents.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beto crashes Texas Governor's Press conference, Governor calls him a "Sick son of a bitch"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/beto-orourke- ... d=84966405

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed May 25, 2022 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
I was right.... off course the media is trying its best to hide this picture. I had to dig.

Hmmm......I've seen better

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:37 pm

This documentary may or may not be directly relevant to this recent massacre, but it has been relevant to many massacres:

Wed May 25, 2022 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:

This has been a troll photo by 4chan of some they/them on reddit. That person is not the shooter.

Wed May 25, 2022 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next