Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 130  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
After reading about the guy getting arrested with a tec-9 I thought I'd see what those are going for these days

Ran across this little gem:

Assault Weapons: The Case Against The TEC-9
Frank M. Pitre
Consumer Attorneys of California Annual Seminar 1996
https://www.cpmlegal.com/publication-Assault_Weapons_The_Case_Against_The_TEC_9

Quote:
A. The TEC-9 Has More Firepower Than Any Other Readily Concealable Weapon.

The TEC-9 represented the maximum amount of firepower commercially available to buyers at the time of the 1001 California Street shootings. The TEC-9 offered firepower approaching or exceeding that of military-type weapons such as the AK-47 and the Colt AR-15. Its use of staggered, double-column ammunition magazines is associated with military or law enforcement, not civilian shooting requirements. Even large capacity, commercially available semi-automatic pistols such as the Glock 17 cannot match the firepower of the TEC-9.
The TEC-9 ventilated barrel shroud is a feature normally found only on military-style firearms, not on conventional handguns. Its primary purpose is to allow the shooter to grasp the barrel and sweep the weapon from side to side while firing rapidly -- called a "spray fire" technique -- without burning his or her hands. It also helps to stabilize the weapon during rapid firing. If discharged rapidly using a spray fire technique (an experienced shooter can empty a 32-round magazine in seconds), the TEC-9 can be used very effectively in close quarters against 5 to 10 individuals.

WOW! I had no idea. I want one now. No, I want two!

You'll blow a lung out Kid.....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:20 am

So let me get this straight.... a CA attorney is telling US that the Tec9 'identifies' as an assault weapon, but it just didn't know it --- so a law is made to make it part of that 'protected class'?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:31 am

I was chatting with sis last night when I had mentioned that the last 2+ years has seemed like living out all of the James Bond movie plots at once.... kinda creepy.... there are still a couple left to go.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:52 pm

JohnMBrowning wrote:
I was chatting with sis last night when I had mentioned that the last 2+ years has seemed like living out all of the James Bond movie plots at once.... kinda creepy.... there are still a couple left to go.

Funny, I been saying the same thing... LOL

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:09 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

….

Your President loosing track of handshaking with congressman at a meeting

Looking like a dumbass wanting to shake again

Man that guys brain is turtle soup…

Crying shame

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:07 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Seattle wanting to ban gas powered leaf blowers

They’re contemplating a blower buy back program

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

That will work, I'm sure.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:13 pm

Pablo wrote:
WaJim wrote:

That will work, I'm sure.

Time to start collecting dead units on CL!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:25 pm

With all the coverage of the FBI's 'NOT a raid' (per MSM) on Fox --- they keep brining in Trump's attorneys and lawyers...... damn - they are all 35-45 yo female lawyers that look like pin up girls!!!! Can't blame him --- probably works to his advantage to have BEAUTIFUL lawyers to fluster the hell out of the other side... You KNOW Trump wouldn't have anyone around unless they were fully capable and worth three shits.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Are they holding the blower buyback at 145th and Aurora?

Divided we fall.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

OhShoot! wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Are they holding the blower buyback at 145th and Aurora?

Is that a HOOKER hang out?

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Come on Sig!.it not even that old...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It’s winking at you. Lol

Sorry

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This could also go in the Made Your Day topic.

That new rig I started on a couple months ago is finally up and running smoothly. There were times I didn't think I'd get the hiccups solved. Issues ranged from airflow, cooling, software clashes, random crashes, fan control speed snafus, under and overvolting problems, and getting the RGB controller to work properly. I ran into more issues on this build than previous ones. It was a solid and obnoxious learning experience.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:59 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Mange wrote:
Come on Sig!.it not even that old...

Used in a SD situation you actually looking at the sights is very slim.

But yeah I get it....

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 1949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 130  Next