Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 152  Next
 The civil war has already begun: Change my mind 

Couldn't resist....

Attachment:
298786234_502265475041238_2365805583584303157_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:38 pm

Trump's team has had a copy of the warrant all this time. I find it odd they would ask for the DOJ to release the details, but apparently the DOJ is in the process of doing just that.

At the end of the day, if Trump had classified documents that should have been returned when his term ended, then he is breaking the law.

If Trump declassified all the documents in question before leaving office, he definitely shot himself in the foot by not documenting it. He no longer had the authority once his term ended. Also, there are some type of documents that cannot be declassified by the President, particularly Top Secret classified documents relating to our Nuclear Arms. If he is in possession of these types of documents, I don't see a lot of wiggle room for him.

Feels like they are picking on Trump? Probably because they are. Too many people don't like him, and he insists on playing by his own rules, even if they are illegal, which is why he find himself in needless drama like this or pleading the 5th all day in dispositions. If he would only get out of his own way half the time....

EDIT: BTW, the fact that Trump's team immediately started planting seeds of the FBI "planting evidence" is not a good look for Trump. Trump is saying he has nothing to hide out of one side of his mouth, but seems to be confirming the FBI may have found something incriminating out of the other. At least, that is the way I see it. Opposing views will disagree.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the few reasons that makes you ineligible to hold office is treason....

Who wants to bet they trump up charges, pun intended, and charge him with something like espionage....and essentially make him ineligible for office....

Shit would get wild.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is well documented that Trump has been cooperating with the federal archives and FBI since January. Archives team praised Trump in a letter, be ause of his openness and willingness to assist and grant access to entire grounds. The FBI was there in JULY and saw all the items taken, even requested that Trump add another lock. Why the fuck do they show up soon after to raid his place for items they knew were there and already had access to?
This stinks of corruption and the weaponization of the justice department by the dems and rinos.

The fucking judge who signed off on the warrant recused himself previously from a case between Trump and Hillary, because he stated he could not remain impartial. WTF! He has made many public social media statements regarding his hatred for Trump. Connect the dots.

Garland is a fucking scumbag and this warrant had nothing to do with documents. It was about getting inside to either plant evidence or try to find anything else that could somehow incriminate him elsewhere.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Humor…

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
Trump's team has had a copy of the warrant all this time. I find it odd they would ask for the DOJ to release the details, but apparently the DOJ is in the process of doing just that.

At the end of the day, if Trump had classified documents that should have been returned when his term ended, then he is breaking the law.

If Trump declassified all the documents in question before leaving office, he definitely shot himself in the foot by not documenting it. He no longer had the authority once his term ended. Also, there are some type of documents that cannot be declassified by the President, particularly Top Secret classified documents relating to our Nuclear Arms. If he is in possession of these types of documents, I don't see a lot of wiggle room for him.

Feels like they are picking on Trump? Probably because they are. Too many people don't like him, and he insists on playing by his own rules, even if they are illegal, which is why he find himself in needless drama like this or pleading the 5th all day in dispositions. If he would only get out of his own way half the time....

EDIT: BTW, the fact that Trump's team immediately started planting seeds of the FBI "planting evidence" is not a good look for Trump. Trump is saying he has nothing to hide out of one side of his mouth, but seems to be confirming the FBI may have found something incriminating out of the other. At least, that is the way I see it. Opposing views will disagree.

Meanwhile the Obamamintation has admitted that he has in his possession over 30 million documents that belongs in the national archives. He has promised to digitize them and give them to the National Archives. Nothing as happened since. Wanna bet a good portion of them are classified? Has ANYONE gone after him??????????????? Crickets..............

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This latest brouhaha has guaranteed Trump being elected.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:

:ROFLMAO:

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:37 pm

danoh wrote:
Fishinpnw wrote:

Meanwhile the Obamamintation has admitted that he has in his possession over 30 million documents that belongs in the national archives. He has promised to digitize them and give them to the National Archives. Nothing as happened since. Wanna bet a good portion of them are classified? Has ANYONE gone after him??????????????? Crickets..............

The national archives issued a statement this is false. It's either ignorance or a lie by the Trump team. The national archives has made it clear that the government is in possession of those documents until the Obama foundation can finish digitizing them for public consumption.

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/12/nation ... -documents

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:42 pm

jackass wrote:
The President can declassify whatever he wants and supposedly he declassified it while he was President.

We have too much stuff classified anyway.

Who was the Clinton appointee, Larry Summers, who stuffed classified docs in his clothes, was he ever charged?

I think the bar for "go get those classified documents back" is much lower than the bar to convict.

I don't think Trump should have been holding those docs, but I also think it'll be pretty tough to prosecute him for exactly the reasons you gave

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:12 pm

People with Trump derangement syndrome will somehow use this as vindication for obsessing over Russian collusion, the Zelensky phone call, taxes, and Trump’s pre Jan 6th speech, as if 6 years worth of digging for dirt was something more than tire spinning, and as if this is somehow connected. It’s just the latest story in this weird TMZ style fantasy that people who refresh CNN 69 times a day keep pushing.

Even Andrew Yang sees what’s happening:
Quote:
I’m no Trump fan. I want him as far away from the White House as possible. But a fundamental part of his appeal has been that it’s him against a corrupt government establishment. This raid strengthens that case for millions of Americans who will see this as unjust persecution.

The WSJ once described Trump as a bull in a political china shop. When the MSM begins covering the way a guy drinks water, you know he’s ruffling feathers. The fact these grudges continue at an official level, more than a year and a half after he “lost” the election, just goes to show why his presidency was meaningful. Reagan called for the swamp to be drained in the 80s. Maybe we shouldn’t have waited another ~35 years to go back to that.

If Trump screwed up, he owes us an explanation. But something tells me a real estate mogul/reality TV star in his mid 70s ranks quite low on the list of current threats to our democracy.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
danoh wrote:
Fishinpnw wrote:

The national archives issued a statement this is false. It's either ignorance or a lie by the Trump team. The national archives has made it clear that the government is in possession of those documents until the Obama foundation can finish digitizing them for public consumption.

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/12/nation ... -documents

Interesting. Following your link, and clicking on the links provided in the websites article only points to an article that was posted/printed in 2017. Ditto with the Washington Times/Post. Linked to that same 2017 article. Was not able to find a "recent statement" issued by the National Archives. I also spent a fair amount of time on https://www.archives.gov/ trying to find a recent statement issued by them. I guess I'm too stupid to negotiate that website. So I continue to be not convinced by the article on Axios and the Washington Times/Post. (I included "Times/Post" because I hit a paywall, and was unable to go back to the exact page that I read it from originally.)

Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"...the rules and procedures governing the classification and declassification of information apply to everyone else [other than the president]." Wood continues, saying, "[The president] would not have had to file paperwork — just 'utter the magic words,' Leonard told me." In other words, Wood acknowledges that Trump, while president, by packing up and taking documents with him, automatically declassified them.

Wood accurately notes that Biden could have reclassified the documents. There's no evidence, though, that he did so. In addition, even had Biden done so, that would not convert Trump into a criminal..."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... onage.html

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:11 pm

At the end of the day I think they just wanted the documents back, especially if they are TSC. Trump was refusing to give them back, they asked, he didn't cooperate, and now they have them back.

He shouldn't have had them, he should have given them back, but it will also be a very tough road to prosecute a he said / she said about what was or wasn't declassified when he was President, and what does / doesn't count as a declassification order.

I bet it blows over after a couple media cycles and nothing further comes of it.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They were there in July, and Trump said if you need anything else, just let us know.

He didn’t refuse anything.

Last edited by NWGunner on Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 152  Next