Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Committees of Correspondence 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In revolutionary times there was no internet wit which to communicate, coordinate and share ideas.
Today, we have :wagwoot:

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/arti ... espondence

"I do love American patriot Sam Adams. He was a brawler and intellectual who passionately believed in the cause of liberty, while also understanding that strategic patience and persistent public agitation were as valuable for effecting change as punctuated bursts of outright rebellion. His fingerprints were all over the Boston Tea Party, but he was also instrumental in forming Committees of Correspondence across the colonies..."

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... f_men.html

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:24 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

They got together in Taverns

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
They got together in Taverns

Sounds like fun, to be honest. Have a few a pints of ale, squeeze the bar wenches bum, plot a rebellion…

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:02 pm

jukk0u wrote:
In revolutionary times there was no internet wit which to communicate, coordinate and share ideas.
Today, we have :wagwoot:

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/arti ... espondence

"I do love American patriot Sam Adams. He was a brawler and intellectual who passionately believed in the cause of liberty, while also understanding that strategic patience and persistent public agitation were as valuable for effecting change as punctuated bursts of outright rebellion. His fingerprints were all over the Boston Tea Party, but he was also instrumental in forming Committees of Correspondence across the colonies..."

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... f_men.html

:thumbsup2: Loved the optimism of the article in American Thinker.

I wish more thought was given to effects of modern global communications on political freedoms. In Revolutionary times the imperial powers to control information flow and collect detailed political intelligence in colonies were extremely more limited than those employed by colonists in their daily lives. Hence the ultimate failure to prevent rebellion planning.

Nowadays though with monopolization of global private and social communication infrastructure by government-corporate conglomerates with unlimited processing power to data-mine intelligence, censor any public communications, plant narratives and ideologies in concert with gov-t punitive actions - the collapse of freedom of civilian thought and speech I think is total and irreversible... Plus it is as easy done from cloud banks in Davos or Beijing - nobody would ever knew the difference...

Virtualization of human relationships also changed the social dynamics. When everybody has a microphone nobody hears anything. Or trust anything or anybody... So speech itself was reduced to inconsequential lonely "tweets".... We came so far from Committees of Correspondence... And yet achieved so much less...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:26 pm

There's also the rise of the Surveillance State... find one Deplorable Thoughtcriminal, track his phone movements, log all phones in proximity to his, look for frequent overlaps and boom you've got your resistance cell neatly ID'd all because too many people can't live without their digital tethers. If that's not enough, correlate with traffic cams etc.

Anybody remember that 1990s Will Smith/Gene Hackman movie Enemy Of The State? Welcome to that reality, folks... and they don't need to put bugs on you because you bugged yourself.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brits didn't spend enough on counter Intel and moles. Don't kid yourself if you think the same thing could work again with the alphabet club infiltrating so much that many organizations are nothing but gov agents.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe more folks just need the *will* to ride out to meetups without their "binky".

Js.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:42 pm

O_Kellogg wrote:
Maybe more folks just need the *will* to ride out to meetups without their "binky".

Js.

True, but all it takes is ONE schmuck who can't be without his umbilical cord for a few hours and when he's blazing a trail all they have to do is watch the traffic cams and run facial rec on anyone wo enters the same buildings around the same time.

Even the Lodge halls where a lot of the Founders coordinated the Revolution as an alternate to public taverns aren't safe harbor anymore... if you can even FIND one.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Brits didn't spend enough on counter Intel and moles. Don't kid yourself if you think the same thing could work again with the alphabet club infiltrating so much that many organizations are nothing but gov agents.

Solid point!
Align yourself with trusted allies, outside of known "organizations".
One standard might be: If you haven't known someone for at least a year, you don't know them.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:12 pm

O_Kellogg wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Solid point!
Align yourself with trusted allies, outside of known "organizations".
One standard might be: If you haven't known someone for at least a year, you don't know them.

I suspect this is why so many of the Founders were Freemasons, they were already known and vetted to each other.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
O_Kellogg wrote:

Js.

True, but all it takes is ONE schmuck who can't be without his umbilical cord for a few hours and when he's blazing a trail all they have to do is watch the traffic cams and run facial rec on anyone wo enters the same buildings around the same time.

Even the Lodge halls where a lot of the Founders coordinated the Revolution as an alternate to public taverns aren't safe harbor anymore... if you can even FIND one.

Yup!
It's a tough time to be a rebel.
Doesn't mean it's time to give up

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:15 pm

And even if you can dump the phone, it's harder to kill Onstar...

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, but there are busses all over the place.

And a few Benjamins and Jacksons in your pocket will hamper the bank trace.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:31 pm

O_Kellogg wrote:

Js.

My guess is that the will to ride out to meetups is directly proportional to the meetup's perceived value of purpose...

I doubt that there's any meetup capable (from my POV) to prevent the slide of America into totalitarian welfare obscurity and poverty. No industrial base. No technological edge. No scientific edge. No middle class. No family values. No kids. Gov-t run brainwashing. Demographic extinction. Re-population. Etc. If somebody knows of a meetup with a realistic plan for the country rebirth that has anybody at it but FBI informants - I'm all ears... We all heard enough of handwringing, outrage, chest pounding and slogans - but no real plan. I suspect there can't be one. Chinese as a second language, perhaps... And 2A has nothing to do with that..

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you're looking for a single meet to solve things, then yeah, let's all roll over on our backs and hope for "belly scitchies".

If you're willing to start small and build, then start.
Your words: "perceived value". I perceive: .0318 > 0.So I'm *will*ing to meet with strangers, and carefully choose who to meet with again to start building trusted relationships. It's a process, not an event.

I think the type of meet that you're thinking of, wont be posted under Other Events.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next