Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Banks are not safe 

It can be held on an exchange. Or you can hold it on a digital wallet(ledger nano, decent, trezor, xumm). With xrp, you can pay anyone, anywhere, anytime if they have a digital wallet. Then they convert it to fiat or other crypto assets. Or other currencies. Xrp is a currency agnostic means of transferring value. The internet of value. And, so you realize, banks arent creating crypto trading desks because digital assets are going away. Countries arent regulating it, because they have no intention of using it. Executive orders on which branch of govt has oversight of it for nothing. Its coming whether or not people like it, or are ready for it. So if you have ever read my posts, you will see i tried preparing you guys quite some time ago. So hurry and get a headstart on where we are all going anyway.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I appreciate the response, but since it's all electronic how is it safe from a keystroke?

Cash, Gold and silver are not, (well, maybe Cash) anything electronic that exists with an apparent value are not safe.

I get trying to ride some Crypto like that if you have money you can write it off, but how is that better than something tangible and untraceable?

You have governments like Russia involved, and many others that can alter/wipeout the value.

I just see too much risk with something like that personally.

If it's electronic existance, it can be manipulated or wiped out in many ways.

How is XRP (Ripple) special?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Last edited by usrifle on Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:21 pm

The 90day hold is an uphold thing. If you had a bitrue, kucoin account, you could trade for xrp on one of those exchanges. And immediately transfer it to your ledger or xumm wallet. Xrp was delisted from most exchanges with debit purchases shortly after the sec lawsuit began. It was a coordinated effort to make xrp difficult to purchase. Not an accident. And after the lawsuit, it will be THE ONLY DIGITAL ASSET with regulatory clarity. But, like i said, it will be too late to get in by then. Or too late with a small investment

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:24 pm

Not your keys, not your crypto. Thats how basically. Just look up that saying on a browser. Passwords that you keep safe, and never ever store online or screenshot or any of that. No digital version of your password.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crapto is on life support after the Ethereum merge a couple weeks ago. Its value is heavily based on our fiat currency and doesn't hold any real tangible value outside of the internet and the coin bros who are smoking unicorn farts and sniffing pixie dust. Crapto can be tracked, it can be wiped out via a keystroke or two, and isn't safe whatsoever. You're better off having property with actual value on your person. The only thing crapto currency is good for is money laundering.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:26 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

People who have been in the game long enough know the risks and have leveraged across multiple exchanges, not to mention multiple types of crypto. I got in during the hey day 6 years ago and made some decent stacks with my small investment. Put more in and watched the house of cards tumble. Then watched the slow climb back to stability. Sure, the knees get swept out from time to time, but she’s recovering quickly now. Not much gain, which I think is a good thing though.

Most people have money diversified across multiple platforms already. You have money in a bank, in a safe, in a 401k and in a personal investment account. This is just another vessel to invest.

The only difference here is the volatility. Whales can easily sway crypto markets, but not as bad as before. But whales also sway stocks too.

This is similar to the tesla thread. Just because you can’t grasp the larger picture doesn’t mean that it’s a terrible idea, it just means that you can’t grasp the larger picture. And with crypto, you are not going to learn it on a gun forum, you want to invest, do some die diligence, and be prepared to loose whatever you have put in.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:
Crapto is on life support after the Ethereum merge a couple weeks ago. Its value is heavily based on our fiat currency and doesn't hold any real tangible value outside of the internet and the coin bros who are smoking unicorn farts and sniffing pixie dust. Crapto can be tracked, it can be wiped out via a keystroke or two, and isn't safe whatsoever. You're better off having property with actual value on your person. The only thing crapto currency is good for is money laundering.

The reality is prior to merge or after all crypto was basically based on the US dollar anyways by the basic fact people were measuring the currency to what it was worth relative to the USD.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the banks were to go under we would have bigger problems then where your digital money is.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If all the banks go under good luck finding anyone willing to take your crypto for a loaf of bread or gallon of milk.

In that situation the currency will be guns, cartridges, flashlights, batteries and clean water.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
If all the banks go under good luck finding anyone willing to take your crypto for a loaf of bread or gallon of milk.

In that situation the currency will be guns, cartridges, flashlights, batteries and clean water.

Don't forget BIC lighters.

I know I'm a codger...but to me, buying crypto is like buying silver or gold and letting someone else (seller) hold it for you.

Banks are never safe, same as any FIAT currency.

My grandparents hated banks, they lost a lot of money in the depression. All their dairy farm funds were wiped away.

From then on it was cash, check, silver, gold and guns as receivables. With the cash and checks being converted to silver, gold and guns.

"never trust YOUR money to someone else's care...and don't pay interest on a depreciating asset" The old timers knew...

-- Travis A Kisner

Last edited by foothills on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Alpine wrote:

I put all my spare cash in menthol cigarettes

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
foothills wrote:
Alpine wrote:

:ROFLMAO: And chewin' tobacco

-- Travis A Kisner

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
foothills wrote:
Alpine wrote:

:ROFLMAO: And chewin' tobacco

Booze....Antiseptic and pain killer.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:

And bottle caps.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fallout sucks, too soon man. 76 was awful. Want to pretend it never happened.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next