Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Trump ends Operation Chokepoint, gun dealers get access to $ 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews. ... m.amp.html

About time. But for those asking why Trump didn't do it earlier remember, the liberal-stacked courts have already reversed a few of his executive and agency actions with the excuse he didn't take "enough time" and do "enough review" before revering the Obama rules.

Also needed is a law from Congress so a future administration can never re-impose this program.

But for now, Trump has again delivered for gun owners.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 am

I'm not sure how much good ending it will do if the financial institutions already created their own internal policies against lending to gun stores. It's quite likely that much of the damage is irreversible at this point. I can't see many banks being excited to write a small business loan for a gun store that's likely to fail in this environment anyway

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is really good news!

Another Obama assault on the Constitution stopped.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:37 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

This is excellent news. Makes me feel a lot better about things, even if we're still in a battle. Our CiC is finally on our side.
What I am really looking forward to is solid SCOTUS decisions that make so many of the stupid gun laws, taxes and other euphemisms for 2A infringements to be squashed like beetles under a hard soled shoe... Crunchy sounds that reverberate in a concrete room with no fabric.
Make passing those kinds of laws patently illegal.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's ba-ack. (kinda)

Banks seek to utilize the new credit card codes issuers are applying to gun and ammo sales in order to predict "mass shooters" utilizing "detection scenarios".

"Unusual" activity will be reported.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium

(paywall)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads up.

Tried to find a non-paywall source but couldn't. Who will they report to?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:28 am

Alpine wrote:
Thanks for the heads up.

Tried to find a non-paywall source but couldn't. Who will they report to?

I think it goes to the FBI, but I'm not sure. It's been awhile since I read up on this BS.

It would make sense if the following were true:
All violent people use CC or DC to purchase a firearm
All mass shooters and similar passed a successful BGC via NICS.
No shooters paid cash, stole, or were gifted a firearm that was used in a violent offense

Now, eschewing the 4th Amendment, this will only "work" if (and a big IF):
A "flagged" sale of semi-auto rifles would trigger, automatically, a search across systems:
1. NICS, including juvenile records (my understanding they do not include this) and lesser offenses (history can indicate future behavior)
2. mental health records
3. prescription records (what SSRIs taken, etc)
4. police contact records (welfare calls, 911 calls, domestics that don't result in charges, etc.)
5. Internet sources that get tied to the person trigger keywords in a chatter tracker (in and of itself a huge problem)

If there are 3 or 4 positive replies from each system, then LEO (ATF/FBI/whomever) will have to evaluate each result, and possibly with a psychiatrist/psychologist. There have been 28 million NICS check so far in 2022. Say there are questionable results from 0.1%, that's 28,000 pre-crime suspects. The LE would have to investigate 76 cases per day on average.

So that will take care of those that buy firearms. The rest (majority/large %/whatever) that obtain their firearms by ill-gotten means it's a pointless idea. This would not have alerted LE to people like Adam Lanza.

Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Banks are developing technology to identify potential mass shooters, according to a CEO backing the push to get credit-card companies to more closely track gun purchases.

“Detection scenarios” are in the works that, if triggered, would prompt banks to file a Suspicious Activity Report to the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, Amalgamated Bank Chief Executive Officer Priscilla Sims Brown said at the New York Times DealBook conference Wednesday.

“We’re at the very early stages of this -- this particular code just got approved in October, so those detection scenarios are still being brought together,” Brown said. “But as this is implemented, those scenarios will be used.”

The strategy would mirror ways banks try to identify and stop fraudsters from using customers’ funds.

The International Organization for Standardization approved a new merchant category code earlier this year that banks will use when processing transactions for gun and ammunition stores after Amalgamated submitted an application on the matter. Gun-control advocates were quick to celebrate the move, arguing it would help banks flag suspicious activity at these retailers.

While major payment networks have said they would adopt the new code, some have argued it won’t have its intended effect. Visa Inc., for example, has said it doesn’t have access to data showing the products consumers are actually buying. That means the network and its banking partners would have no idea if a gun-store customer is purchasing an automatic rifle or safety equipment.

Banks, too, have faced pressure from Congress over what they plan to do with the new codes. Some conservative policymakers have said they’re concerned lenders will use the data to create an unofficial list of firearm owners in the US, which certain government agencies are prohibited from doing.

Banks already file thousands of suspicious activity reports every year as they detect a litany of potential misdeeds by customers. The new codes should mean they treat the issue of tracking gun purchases no differently, Brown said.

“What I’m hearing from other banks is that they have been honoring this process and this system, filing Suspicious Activity Reports across a myriad of industries to stop a myriad of crimes -- or at least alert authorizes of them,” she said. “And I have every confidence that banks are going to do the same thing here.”

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Ban ... oWars+Live

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Banks/card issuers don't get a list of what you buy... Only an amount.

So, doesn't matter if you buy a Glock 17, or 2k rds of 9mm, or a bunch of powder, bullets, and brass..... it all looks the same as it's the same $ amount.

This is all just theater.

One thing that may come into play, is defamation.

Imagine going to Cabela's and buying a tent, some cold weather pants, a camping stove, and have a report generated by the bank that says 'Hey, we think this guy might be a mass shooter, he just spent $800 at a firearms retailer, and he's never been there before'...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

So, doesn't matter if you buy a Glock 17, or 2k rds of 9mm, or a bunch of powder, bullets, and brass..... it all looks the same as it's the same $ amount.

Imagine going to Cabela's and buying a tent, some cold weather pants, a camping stove, and have a report generated by the bank that says 'Hey, we think this guy might be a mass shooter, he just spent $800 at a firearms retailer, and he's never been there before'...

Your purchases can be tracked back. Its just whether the card issuers care to do it. They've been able to do this since the 90s. They demonstrated it in my financial crimes investigation courses at FLETC (1994). 30 years ago it was labor intensive, today its just a data stream that can be scanned by AI. In class they took a volunteer - using his name, age range, and State of Residence - we tracked the guy back to his home address, cross-referenced that to a lot of data about him, and then pulled up the last time he'd bought gas using a credit card. So we knew where he'd lived (CA) and that he'd bought gas in Brunswick, GA 2 days before.

The system was developed primarily for marketing to send you targeted coupons or catalogs and what not. The really scary part is that pretty much anyone can access the data as long as they want to pay the fees to the data consolidators. Any time you go into any store and use any system with an identifier, that data gets collected. Store purchase cards are the worst. Fill out a form for a "free" drawing? If you collect box tops for your kids school - 3 years ago you clipped the tag and they knew someone at school X bought product Y and maybe even at what store (Costco for example). - Can't do that anymore - you have to scan your entire receipt in. That's all so they can collect all your data and tie that to your kid's school. Tie that in with some CIS based demographic data - and voila! You're getting a coupon in the mail!

All that stands between you and the Cabela scenario above is whether or not Cabela's wants to sell the data (hint: They do). On top of that, Card Issuers can make access to the data part of their participation agreement, in which case its all automatic.

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Your purchases can be tracked back. Its just whether the card issuers care to do it. They've been able to do this since the 90s. They demonstrated it in my financial crimes investigation courses at FLETC (1994). 30 years ago it was labor intensive, today its just a data stream that can be scanned by AI. In class they took a volunteer - using his name, age range, and State of Residence - we tracked the guy back to his home address, cross-referenced that to a lot of data about him, and then pulled up the last time he'd bought gas using a credit card. So we knew where he'd lived (CA) and that he'd bought gas in Brunswick, GA 2 days before.

The system was developed primarily for marketing to send you targeted coupons or catalogs and what not. The really scary part is that pretty much anyone can access the data as long as they want to pay the fees to the data consolidators. Any time you go into any store and use any system with an identifier, that data gets collected. Store purchase cards are the worst. Fill out a form for a "free" drawing? If you collect box tops for your kids school - 3 years ago you clipped the tag and they knew someone at school X bought product Y and maybe even at what store (Costco for example). - Can't do that anymore - you have to scan your entire receipt in. That's all so they can collect all your data and tie that to your kid's school. Tie that in with some CIS based demographic data - and voila! You're getting a coupon in the mail!

All that stands between you and the Cabela scenario above is whether or not Cabela's wants to sell the data (hint: They do). On top of that, Card Issuers can make access to the data part of their participation agreement, in which case its all automatic.

All good points, especially the card acceptance agreement.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Big Brother, Conspiracy theories, Bitchchute and Necro thread. Some truth, some not, some regeneration for clicks and a Soap box.
Try to wade through the bullshit to find the truth, good Luck.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe some good news?

https://www.nssf.org/articles/nssf-enco ... ail-codes/

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well at least we got a pause. But big brother is still looking and you know they are going to keep this up maybe just in the background.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]