Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next
 Twitter / Elon Musk Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The issue now, is that Twitter as a company is liable for its actions. At any point, if there becomes a tortious offense, CURRENT twitter gets sued. If there are found to be any FTC/SEC violations, current Twitter gets sued/fined. These leaks could be the very ammo that federal regulators use to silence Elon by shutting down twitter for any violations that occurred in the past, if egregious enough.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
The issue now, is that Twitter as a company is liable for its actions. At any point, if there becomes a tortious offense, CURRENT twitter gets sued. If there are found to be any FTC/SEC violations, current Twitter gets sued/fined. These leaks could be the very ammo that federal regulators use to silence Elon by shutting down twitter for any violations that occurred in the past, if egregious enough.

Good point.

BUT what WAS Baker's relationship?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Past/current not necessarily. Musk is always a few steps ahead. This is very likely one possible reason he was floating bankruptcy earlier. Also he could publicly offer to turn evidence on the now former employees who did this stuff for criminal and personal civil enforcement by the gov and the PR angle would make it very hard for Biden to go after the newly purchased company when they had the smoking guns of the former employees who did the bad deeds.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Past/current not necessarily. Musk is always a few steps ahead. This is very likely one possible reason he was floating bankruptcy earlier. Also he could publicly offer to turn evidence on the now former employees who did this stuff for criminal and personal civil enforcement by the gov and the PR angle would make it very hard for Biden to go after the newly purchased company when they had the smoking guns of the former employees who did the bad deeds.

The system doesn't give a shit about former employees, it cares about silencing Musk and deplatforming Twitter as a whole.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah but he's the second richest man alive. He can afford a legal army and also can afford judge shopping motions to a somewhat decent judge.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Yeah but he's the second richest man alive. He can afford a legal army and also can afford judge shopping motions to a somewhat decent judge.

Why do you think he said he's worried about getting assassinated?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:

The system doesn't give a shit about former employees, it cares about silencing Musk and deplatforming Twitter as a whole.

That IS true.

BUT if a gov employee was paid or worked for Twitter, that doesn't matter?

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:

That IS true.

Like that mattered with Strzok?

How many times did he say 'my beliefs didn't interfere or impact my work' ? Can't prove intent..

'I was working as a Twitter employee, not as a gov't agent' and *poof*... can't do shit.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

How many times did he say 'my beliefs didn't interfere or impact my work' ? Can't prove intent..

'I was working as a Twitter employee, not as a gov't agent' and *poof*... can't do shit.

Total crap.

Fuqers out Nazied the Nazis. Gotta hand it to the FIB.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Pablo wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:

That IS true.

Absolutely, no matter what is said or done, whatever pattern of behavior is shown, you can never assume nor prove intent.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:33 pm

Matt has dropped Part III.....

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1601384986199805953

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-f ... a-platform

Twitter suppressed a tweet on Jan 6 from Trump telling people to go home in love and peace. Does this not shatter their stupid case??

Quote:
Taibbi shed light on the "panic" that erupted internally on Jan. 6. In one exchange Roth is shown executing the "bouncing" of Trump's account. 

"This theme of Policy perhaps being stressed by queries from Communications executives – who themselves have to answer the public’s questions – occasionally appears," Taibbi wrote. "The first company-wide email from Gadde on January 6th announced that 3 Trump tweets had been bounced, but more importantly signaled a determination to use legit 'violations' as a guide for any possible permanent suspension."

A screenshot of an exchange reacting lividly to a Trump tweet telling his supporters ""Go home with love & in peace."

"What the actual f---?" one employee reacted. "Sorry, I actually got emotionally angry seeing that. Turns out I'm not a full robot. Who knew?"

"It's gut-wrenching," another replied. "He's a horrible human being."

A screenshot shared by Roth showed that Trump was hit with a "TON" of "duplicate" bots. 

Taibbi foreshadowed of parts two and three of the Jan. 6-centric Twitter Files. On Saturday, journalist Michael Shellenberger will report on how Twitter internally contemplated the fluid changes that were made to its policies. On Sunday, Taibbi teased that The Free Press editor Bari Weiss will report on the "plaudits" Twitter received from "'our partners' in Washington," referring to government agencies.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Pablo wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:

That IS true.

Absolutely, no matter what is said or done, whatever pattern of behavior is shown, you can never assume nor prove intent.

Sure

But the government and media colluding to suppress free speech is absolutely illegal. Intent is no longer involved. They did it.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also intent is irrelevant for Section 230 violations as well.

If you use Section 230 protection then you generally cannot censor otherwise legal speech.

Quote:

Quote:

Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just setting aside the TW legal analysis these communist clowns were actually literally PROUD of the fact they kept Trump from telling people to stand down on Jan 6?

Please let that sink in.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next