Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:05 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 42  Next
 This is our Alamo - HB1240, "Assault Weapons" Ban 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks hadati for explaining this so even a redneck white boy like me can understand it.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hadati wrote:
@Sportsdad - Every semi-auto will be unable to be bought or sold when this passes, as well as parts (uppers, lowers, lower parts kits, etc). This will likely pass this Friday. The emergency clause in it will make it effective the second Inslee signs it.

I got at least a dozen friends and family to vote CON and several of them to email the committee. I also emailed the committee this week and have heard no response. I also talked to a gun store owner today who went to testify in Olympia recently and he said they only allowed four people to speak for the entire CON side of the issue even though there were 800 there who wanted to speak against this travesty of a bill. So honestly it’s doubtful any amount of CON votes or emails would have done much that we haven’t already done.

Though we are all varying degrees of pissed, and there has been a lot of complacency, at this point let’s direct our energy into what’s going to fix the problem: helping the SAF, NRA, etc. immediately sue to get this repealed by the SCOTUS ASAFP. And if that fails… well we’ll jump off that bridge when we get to it.

Hate to say I told you so, but......

TW wrote:
Like the committee won't stack the deck and have 8 pro testify for every 1 con, like they always do.

I stopped going, because one day I was the 2nd or 3rd person to sign in, got there at like 5am... and they pushed all the anti-gun fucknuts to the front of the line and the one pro-gun guy in front of me got to testify.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:22 pm

I can't believe even the SKS is on the list. There's going to need to be a new "perfect for Washington!" rifle list, because even CA legal rifles won't be legal here.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The dems don't want any guns legal here

Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Dems don't give a shit about gun violence, otherwise Baltimore, DC, Chicago, etc would have been 'fixed' long ago...

They care about what gives them political power, and what threatens them. Guns threaten them, figuratively and literally, and give them a platform to speak from.

Make no mistake, they're attempting to ban guns because THEY are afraid of getting shot, not because they give a shit about little Tammy getting shot.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not only are they disarming their opposition in order to allow them to do whatever they want without any resistance, but they're also pushing to make gun owners felons so we can't vote against them either.

Like the one politician said, "If you cared about the children, then you wouldn't be up here arguing to legalize abortion." Either they want to save kids, or they want to kill kids. Which is it? And with the Biden administration adding 19-21 year olds onto the gun violence stats, clearly they're playing dirty all day long. It was bad enough when they started adding the mass shooters to the list of "victims of gun violence."

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So - are we still legal with semi autos, or is Gay Inslee going to have a bill to sign ? I see it has been placed on second reading by the rules committee, shows as being on the Senate floor as of right now - but i thought it had to be voted upon yesterday to fly - anyone have an idea of what the fuck is going on for real ?

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:31 pm

RENCORP wrote:
So - are we still legal with semi autos, or is Gay Inslee going to have a bill to sign ? I see it has been placed on second reading by the rules committee, shows as being on the Senate floor as of right now - but i thought it had to be voted upon yesterday to fly - anyone have an idea of what the fuck is going on for real ?

The earliest vote would be April 5th, the latest would be April 12th.

It’ll show up here on the day it’s going to happen, so all anyone can do is check that every morning starting the 5th.

Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This explains some of the new unexpected but welcome delay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vspl6AdFxSg

Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:07 pm

Some interesting discussions going on about whether or not the M1 Garand will be banned because of a barrel shroud. SHB bans rifles with a shroud designed to protect your hand from heat (in the name of public safety).

The M1 is certainly capable of accepting a detachable ammunition feeding device since it's capable of holding an 8 round clip. Anyone have John Garand's number? Gotta ask what his design intent was.

From what I can tell, the Ruger PC Carbine will be the only legal semi-auto. Just make sure it doesn't have a pistol grip designed to give you better control over the rifle. Having better control of a rifle is also banned in the name of public safety.

Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LowLead wrote:
Some interesting discussions going on about whether or not the M1 Garand will be banned because of a barrel shroud. SHB bans rifles with a shroud designed to protect your hand from heat (in the name of public safety).

The M1 is certainly capable of accepting a detachable ammunition feeding device since it's capable of holding an 8 round clip. Anyone have John Garand's number? Gotta ask what his design intent was.

From what I can tell, the Ruger PC Carbine will be the only legal semi-auto. Just make sure it doesn't have a pistol grip designed to give you better control over the rifle. Having better control of a rifle is also banned in the name of public safety.

Can you provide a link where the Garand will be banned? The Garand doesn’t has barrel heat shield, it’s called a handguard, and it’s part of the stock. Similar to how some rimfire has full length stock mannlicher style that extends to near the muzzle end.

Even the crazies in CA doesn’t go that far in touching c&r firearms.

Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It doesn't matter in the end. They banned inheriting as well, they will just wait for us to die and have their disarmed next generation to control by force. That's why the ATF hates trusts.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:49 am

Liddlebit81 wrote:

Can you provide a link where the Garand will be banned? The Garand doesn’t has barrel heat shield, it’s called a handguard, and it’s part of the stock. Similar to how some rimfire has full length stock mannlicher style that extends to near the muzzle end.

Even the crazies in CA doesn’t go that far in touching c&r firearms.

1240-
(I) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel
24 designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid
25 forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;

Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Public input defeated CO AWB? Or the looming Miller v Bonta decision?

Either way, CO got a reprieve.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/03/colora ... L_CAMPAIGN)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 42  Next